Voter concerns vs. media concerns...quite revealing

SLAG-91

21 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I think we're talking past each other because you're looking at it from the females point of view but I'm looking at it from the unborn babies point of view. 21 weeks is too far for me. I feel like as soon as the baby can sense pain it should not be aborted. The nervous system starts developing at 6 weeks and some studies say at 12 weeks the baby can feel pain. IMO it shouldn't happen past that time however I would lean towards the morning after pill as the last time I could morally try to end a pregnancy. Their are too many contraceptives out there for ppl to use and if I didnt do my due diligence then that is on me. Exceptions should be made for the mother up until viability assuming it is the case the mother is in danger of not surviving carrying the baby any further. If the baby is viable but the mother is in danger then the baby should be delivered immediately and let nature along with the use of modern medicine take its course.

Well I look at it from the female's view because they are citizens with rights and a fetus is not a citizen with rights.

Contraceptives are not foolproof and many impoverished people are not able to obtain them or understand how to use them correctly due to poor sex education in public schools.

As for fetuses feeling pain, I dunno I'm not a medical doctor, I defer to them and 21 weeks is pretty standard in the medical community. But I'd be fine with 12 weeks being the limit since it gives time for the woman to find out she is pregnant and make an educated decision.

Also, just wanted to make sure you got the distinction on the right to vote vs the right to bear arms, as I wasn't trying to be smarmy was just trying to inform so I'm sorry if it came off like that.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

You are choosing not to listen. I said the federal government must step in if the state denies a constituional right. Abortion is not a constituional right. Since the word "born" is so important to you I guess abortion should exist all the way up until the day a woman delivers because they have no rights as a citizen. 

Well I - along with a majority of Americans - do think a woman does have a constitutional right to an abortion.  So you simply declaring there is no such right means squat to me (or them).

Likewise, I don't give a s*** about your religious beliefs regarding when life begins.  You're welcome to your religion, but you don't get to impose it on everyone else who may not share it.  (The constitution does have a pretty clear position on your right to do that.) 

Furthermore, I was simply pointing out to all you strict constitutional textualists - as you apparently are - the constitution does not address legal life before birth, just the opposite as my quote of the 14th amendment demonstrated.

And no, I don't necessarily believe a woman should be able to arbitrarily abort a 9 month fetus (without conditions.)  But again, that has nothing to do with the constitution. It simple reflects my pragmatic acceptance that reasonable moral, ethical and political compromise is often necessary to make our political system work.

Bottom line, you have no constitutional basis that justifies denying a woman's right to make choices about her own body.  To the contrary, the 14th amendment provides a constitutional justification that she does have such a right to choose.

(P.S.:  I listen just fine.  If anything, you are "choosing" not to think. <_<)

Edited by homersapien

On 6/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, icanthearyou said:

Agree.  However, shame on us if we cannot recognize bias, propaganda, lies, our own internal bias. 

Both sides would like to indoctrinate us so,,,  we no longer think, deeply, critically, for ourselves.  And, once you get sucked into either echo chamber, the ability to get out becomes more difficult.  You are encouraged to believe everything or,,, god forbid,,, you can't be in the club any longer.

I listen to both side the far left and the far right.  Then I try and discern how much of the truth each side has presented. I don't like either party very much Democratic or Republican same for the MSM be they on the left or the right. One of my biggest issues with both parties is the inability to compromise and with the MSM the inability to allow diverse opinions.  At one time both parties had people who were more centrist who kept us from the extremes. But as more and more money especially with PAC's the Republican's have become more Right wing and the Democrats more Left wing. The Pac's have not only brought in huge amounts of money but worse they support the more right wing candidates in the Republican Primaries and the more Left Wing Progressive candidates in the Democratic primaries. 

Both parties eat their own they go after their own members if they are not right enough on the Republican side and not left enough on the Democratic side. This polarization within the MSM and both political parties has led to intransience where people vote party line and won't compromise.

• 2 weeks later...

Tone deaf, dumb and blind.

That's about the kindest thing I can say about this statement.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

All according to plan, apparently...trying to turn an aircraft carrier like you would a Corvette is just going to throw lots and lots of people overboard.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:22 PM, Didba said:

Well I look at it from the female's view because they are citizens with rights and a fetus is not a citizen with rights.

Contraceptives are not foolproof and many impoverished people are not able to obtain them or understand how to use them correctly due to poor sex education in public schools.

As for fetuses feeling pain, I dunno I'm not a medical doctor, I defer to them and 21 weeks is pretty standard in the medical community. But I'd be fine with 12 weeks being the limit since it gives time for the woman to find out she is pregnant and make an educated decision.

Also, just wanted to make sure you got the distinction on the right to vote vs the right to bear arms, as I wasn't trying to be smarmy was just trying to inform so I'm sorry if it came off like that.

The number one reason for Abortions is that people are people and act irrationally and don’t even bother to use contraception. I have been involved with 4 abortions. All four had above average intelligence people that had all the sex education anyone could ask for, and not one couple was actively using any contraception when they got pregnant. No, not even condoms that all four men had easy access to. At some level Abortions are used because people do stupid stuff every single day.  

Edited by DKW 86

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The number one reason for Abortions is that people are people and act irrationally and don’t even bother to use contraception. I have been involved with 4 abortions. All four had above average intelligence people that had all the sex education anyone could ask for, and not one couple was actively using any contraception when they got pregnant. No, not even condoms that all four men had easy access to. At some level Abortions are used because people do stupid stuff every single day.  

Def don’t get to 63,000,000+ from rape, incest, and failure of contraception.