Plains NIL Club

WFE12

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

if it is truly not sustainable, the prices will move down. Its a market.

Only if this stays as a wild west NCAA bound system. With a true semi pro league, whether college based or not, there is an actual profit to be made from the expenditures. Meaning these levels of pay, as a form of salary, can be economically viable. 

6 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Only if this stays as a wild west NCAA bound system. With a true semi pro league, whether college based or not, there is an actual profit to be made from the expenditures. Meaning these levels of pay, as a form of salary, can be economically viable. 

True, but each individual player is free to go make their own NIL deal just as other pro players are. Making it semi-pro changes nothing to me. I also don’t see how individual universities will be able to be a part of that.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

True, but each individual player is free to go make their own NIL deal just as other pro players are. Making it semi-pro changes nothing to me. I also don’t see how individual universities will be able to be a part of that.

Except pro players are being paid a market value by their organization with nil also being a market value driven marketing approach. There is no return on investment with the current model of college ball. No college NIL is functioning as a legit marketing format. It's all pay for play in the open. Allstate didn't pay Rodgers/Maholms to play but because they are known marketable people. If you're unable or unwilling to see/understand the difference I cannot help you. 

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Except pro players are being paid a market value by their organization with nil also being a market value driven marketing approach. There is no return on investment with the current model of college ball. No college NIL is functioning as a legit marketing format. It's all pay for play in the open. Allstate didn't pay Rodgers/Maholms to play but because they are known marketable people. If you're unable or unwilling to see/understand the difference I cannot help you. 

I’m sure I’m not as intelligent as you are, I just see the NIL process at this point is actually taking the place of team payment (in your example Green Bay/Kansas City) rather than the State Farms.  

Seems like this NIL group is pretty cookie cutter.  Saw some GT players tweeting out the exact same letter as the Plains NIL club:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure I’m not as intelligent as you are, I just see the NIL process at this point is actually taking the place of team payment (in your example Green Bay/Kansas City) rather than the State Farms.  

Your analogy doesn't work because the people paying aren't the ones reaping the benefits. Green Bay and KC pay players because they get more than they spend.

If the next $1mil star at Auburn was playing for the Yella Wood Cowpokes you'd have an argument to make.

I don't understand why you aren't making the connection.