January 6th Committee Hearings

AUDynasty

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

In other words, it is the fault of the victim?

Yeah, If only they had had a lot more "good men" (or women) with a gun! ;)

I'd agree with that.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:46 PM, icanthearyou said:

I disagree.  The Democratic party, for now, is the home of progressives.  They are trying to help the underclasses.  Yes, they could do more but,,, democracy and all.

Wasting your time.  Manicheans are gonna manich.  :laugh:

But admittedly, Obama did squander a major opportunity to cut the oligarchy back when he bailed out the financial sector.

(Course, we don't know for sure what the ultimate side effects would have been).

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I disagree.  The Democratic party, for now, is the home of progressives.  They are trying to help the underclasses.  Yes, they could do more but,,, democracy and all.

Right now, I'll settle for any party that respects the rule of law.

For the most part, Republicans clearly don't.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you think they would change if they realized the election was not stolen? I don’t think so. Trump elected in 2016 and years of machine gun fire Russia, Russia……

Minus the pandemic things were fairly good under the Trump presidency. People realize that given our current circumstances. 

"Russia, Russia" didn't just come spontaneously from nowhere Salty nor did the impeachments.

Every presidency has good and bad things happen during their terms - largely shaped by what happens in the prior term plus unanticipated stuff ("s***").   That's what history is for - to sort it  out.

Not to change the subject, but if you haven't seen "The Fog of War" - a documentary on Robert McNamara (and Viet Nam), I highly recommend it.  LBJ was obviously trying to start that war.  He certainly got what he bargained for.  Everyone should see it.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Russia, Russia" didn't just come spontaneously from nowhere Salty nor did the impeachments.

Every presidency has good and bad things happen during their terms - largely shaped by what happens in the prior term plus unanticipated stuff ("s***").   That's what history is for - to sort it  out.

Not to change the subject, but if you haven't seen "The Fog of War" - a documentary on Robert McNamara (and Viet Nam), I highly recommend it.  LBJ was obviously trying to start that war.  He certainly got what he bargained for.  Everyone should see it.

You’re partially right as usual homer. Russia Russia didn’t come spontaneously out of nowhere. It was created paid for and enacted solely by the Hillary for president campaign and had the assistance of the msm fbi doj nsa and cia. As usual your penchant for misleading by using small snippets of fact is on display. Without all that effort money and corruption by Hillary and the dnc it would not have existed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Right now, I'll settle for any party that respects the rule of law.

For the most part, Republicans clearly don't.

I have never, and will never state those that entered the Capital should not be prosecuted.  I have said that trespassing, vandalism, obstruction are all applicable laws.  It was not anywhere near sedition or a failed insurrection.  

This was clearly a faceplant for the right, but as to which party is closer to the “rule of law” if you think it’s the left you’re crazy.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I identify as Prog. The Democrat Party betrays and mismanages every concept we have. With the Senate, the HOR, and the WH we could not even get a vote for Minimum Wage Reform. We didnt demand Reforms, we just wanted a vote, a simple vote to start on the pathway toward MWR. We didnt get s***. NOTHING. The reason we didnt get anything? The leadership in the party do not see serving the Middle-Class as even important enough to even hold a vote.

The Democratic party will become more populist, more progressive.  They have no choice. 

• Dislike 2

On 6/9/2022 at 11:22 PM, AU9377 said:

More than half of Republicans actually believe that Jan. 6th was just a peaceful walk around the capitol.  It is impossible to treat opinions with the respect they should have when they aren't grounded in reality.  This is why an election can be lost and immediately declared stolen.  The total lack of respect for the institutions of government, I believe, is rooted in the fact that they take this country for granted.

A few idiots breaking into the Capital from POOR leadership by not providing adequate security is irrelevant compared  8 months of ANTIFA and BLM riots, $100's millions in property destruction, 1000's injured and deaths that the Democrat party supported, funded in some cases and supported/misrepresented by MSM?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I assume that you are smart enough to understand that regardless of who the President is, his or her ability to impact gas prices is almost nonexistent.

I'll give you credit for adding "almost" to the statement. :laugh:

For those curious about J6 security or lack thereof, here is an article on the matter. 

The official timeline from the Capitol Police included. 

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-admin-was-ready-to-deploy-national-guard-on-jan-6-capitol-police-timeline-shows-january-donald

4 hours ago, keywest said:

A few idiots breaking into the Capital from POOR leadership by not providing adequate security is irrelevant compared  8 months of ANTIFA and BLM riots, $100's millions in property destruction, 1000's injured and deaths that the Democrat party supported, funded in some cases and supported/misrepresented by MSM?

You really have bought in on those talking points.  I'll explain why the two aren't comparable in the least. For 246 years, this country has proclaimed itself to be the shining example of  self determination.  We have championed Democracy around the world. Hundreds of thousands of men and women have died both defending the U.S. Constitution and the rights of others to govern themselves.  We have fought fascism and the spread of communism. 

On Jan 6th, 2021, something happened that was unthinkable over the previous 245 years.  An angry mob, organized and urged to act by a sitting U.S. President and members of his political party, stormed the chamber where the results of an election, certified by all 50 states, were being confirmed as required by the Constitution.  Their intent was to delay or prevent this confirmation and by doing so provide the time to engineer a reason that could cause the election to be decided by the Congress instead of by electors from each state. They were made to believe known lies by the sitting President of the United States in an attempt by him to retain power. It is that simple at the core.

I'm not defending violence in any way, shape or form, but BLM protests over an 8 month period were not organized to subvert the U.S. Constitution.  Anyone damaging another's property or person should be arrested. However, comparing that to an attempt to disregard the will of the American people is nothing more than making an excuse of an inexcusable series of actions.  It always helps when you can point to "those people" as the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

For those curious about J6 security or lack thereof, here is an article on the matter. 

The official timeline from the Capitol Police included. 

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-admin-was-ready-to-deploy-national-guard-on-jan-6-capitol-police-timeline-shows-january-donald

This is like someone going into a bank and at gunpoint taking all the cash.  At trial, their primary defense is that there should have been more security guards at the bank and they wouldn't have committed the crime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'll give you credit for adding "almost" to the statement. :laugh:

Their only influence is their ability to release reserves controlled by the federal government, to convince other oil producing countries to increase supply or to convince U.S. oil companies to increase supply. Two of those have no teeth. 

Of course, oil companies are demanding more leases be sold at rock bottom prices for them to drill on government property.  They are only using 50% of the leased land they currently hold. They are making record profits and still demanding that the U.S. Taxpayer provide them with the land and resources, plus stipends so that they can then charge those same taxpayers record high prices for the resource they extracted with federally insured loans and are making billions producing.  It must be nice.

5 hours ago, keywest said:

🙄🙄

7D9D9E7F-240F-421A-B5F3-E66CDC6CA073.jpeg

On 6/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, Cardin Drake said:

Guys, I'll make one final comment and then abandon the political board for a while.  I never seem to learn my lesson on how unproductive it is. You guys are good Auburn folks, but the left and right just see things through a different lens these days.  Most people on the right that are political junkies, or at least paying close attention believe the FBI and DOJ have become completely politicized and have put their thumb on the scale of justice.  We have seen this unequal treatment over and over, and Jan. 6 is a glaring example of it. People who did little more than trespass are being held without bail going on 2 years, while those who rioted and tried to breach the White House, forcing Trump into a bunker are going completely unpunished.  You could just as easily call that an insurrection as Jan. 6.

With all the "conspiracy theories" that have turned out to be completely true recently, you can laugh all you want at the idea that Jan. 6 was a setup, but when the Russian collusion theory which consumed Trump's presidency has been proven to be nothing but a hoax orchestrated by the Clinton campaign with the full knowledge and participation of the FBI, (not to mention Hunter's laptop, and the Wuhan lab theory), it's not much of a stretch to think these same bad actors could have planted people to start the Jan. 6th violence just to demonize Trump. The lack of curiosity about the police inviting protesters into the capitol from the committee "investigating" Jan. 6th  is inexplicable unless they are covering up their own participation in the events of Jan. 6th.  Fire away.

Proven true?  In the eyes of someone that wants to see what they have been conditioned to believe, possibly.

Hunter's laptop?  Yes, he had one.  Wuhan lab theory? There is a lab in Wuhan, nothing more has been proven.  You lose every ounce of credibility when you trumpet that nonsense about people being planted in the crowd on Jan 6th.  All you have to do is watch the videos, versions that were live at the time prove that to be nonsense. 

Maybe you should listen to the interviews with the capitol police that were attacked that day.  Do you believe that they are all paid actors or something?

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The Democratic party will become more populist, more progressive.  They have no choice. 

You really need to seek medical help. The DNC is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT, COMPLETELY OWNED by the Oligarchs.

Why do you think they are proponents of things so against the American People? Education: Dems have been swearing that they will improve Education for 40 years. Mr, that is a total fail for 40 years of work. America produces mediocre publicly educated people at best. While other nations excel, we have been trapped in mediocrity for 40 years. We are easily seen as not improving..... Where would you get any idea that the DNC is going to go back to the people? When the people in AOCs district voted Union, AOC was there to NOT SUPPORT THE UNION ORGANIZERS? She now lamely claims she did support the Union, AFTER TURNING HER BACK ON THE PEOPLE. She is already bought and paid for. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Proven true?  In the eyes of someone that wants to see what they have been conditioned to believe, possibly.

Hunter's laptop?  Yes, he had one.  Wuhan lab theory? There is a lab in Wuhan, nothing more has been proven.  You lose every ounce of credibility when you trumpet that nonsense about people being planted in the crowd on Jan 6th.  All you have to do is watch the videos, versions that were live at the time prove that to be nonsense. 

Maybe you should listen to the interviews with the capitol police that were attacked that day.  Do you believe that they are all paid actors or something?

It’s not an all or nothing.   There have been several videos of people that were inciting people to do something that aren’t being sought out by the FBI.    Not everyone there was there too cause destruction.   There were some there that that was exactly what they intended to do.    

As far as your analogy of comparing what happened to a bank robbery is completely stupid.    There are a number of reasons why:  1).  There was intelligence reports out that groups would be there to cause disruption.   2). Preparations were already being made to secure the capital because of the inauguration that was taking place in a couple weeks.   Why not secure it just for that reason alone?   3).  Due to the unrest that occurred during the entire summer of 2020, officials should have taken a tougher stance.    
Really don’t know what to say about the wauhan lab.   If you really think that the Chinese government is going to be forthcoming in any type of investigation, you really do have your head in the sand.   It doesn’t take anyone with any common sense to figure out that it came from there.   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not an all or nothing.   There have been several videos of people that were inciting people to do something that aren’t being sought out by the FBI.    Not everyone there was there too cause destruction.   There were some there that that was exactly what they intended to do.    

As far as your analogy of comparing what happened to a bank robbery is completely stupid.    There are a number of reasons why:  1).  There was intelligence reports out that groups would be there to cause disruption.   2). Preparations were already being made to secure the capital because of the inauguration that was taking place in a couple weeks.   Why not secure it just for that reason alone?   3).  Due to the unrest that occurred during the entire summer of 2020, officials should have taken a tougher stance.    
Really don’t know what to say about the wauhan lab.   If you really think that the Chinese government is going to be forthcoming in any type of investigation, you really do have your head in the sand.   It doesn’t take anyone with any common sense to figure out that it came from there.   

I never claimed that everyone at that protest was there to cause trouble.  There were many that did cause trouble and that broke laws that they knew existed.  They clearly forced their way into the building, some thru the doors and others thru windows that had been busted.

The Capitol was secured.  The fact that security didn't consist of fences and tanks is no excuse for acting worse than any other group of protesters in the history of this country.  These pretend patriots acted as thought they were playing war games.  If you were a little less concerned with finding a reason to excuse their behavior and more concerned about holding them accountable, you would see that.

China's role in Covid has yet to be determined.  Assuming to know the answer when not knowing is like pretending that Covid isn't real and ignoring the million deaths caused by the virus itself.

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

I have never, and will never state those that entered the Capital should not be prosecuted.  I have said that trespassing, vandalism, obstruction are all applicable laws.  It was not anywhere near sedition or a failed insurrection.  

This was clearly a faceplant for the right, but as to which party is closer to the “rule of law” if you think it’s the left you’re crazy.  

Trump clearly tried to overturn the results of a legal election and most of the Republican party supported him - and continues to support him -in the effort.

You are in total denial.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

The second installment of January 6th Committee Hearing continues. I thought these were really telling in how detached and delusional Trump was with the reality. You have the former Attorney General that was well-respected by many conservatives stating these words.

Also this:

$250 million... and no one knows how the money was used. People really gave him money for a fund that didn't exist. What a grift.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is like someone going into a bank and at gunpoint taking all the cash.  At trial, their primary defense is that there should have been more security guards at the bank and they wouldn't have committed the crime.

You can't be this dense.

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Their only influence is their ability to release reserves controlled by the federal government, to convince other oil producing countries to increase supply or to convince U.S. oil companies to increase supply. Two of those have no teeth. 

Of course, oil companies are demanding more leases be sold at rock bottom prices for them to drill on government property.  They are only using 50% of the leased land they currently hold. They are making record profits and still demanding that the U.S. Taxpayer provide them with the land and resources, plus stipends so that they can then charge those same taxpayers record high prices for the resource they extracted with federally insured loans and are making billions producing.  It must be nice.

I'll give you credit, you are close. 

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You can't be this dense.

What other crime would you rather compare? 

When there is a home invasion, is it the homeowner's fault for not having purchased a better home security system?  There was more security on hand that day than at any other protest that took place the previous couple of years.  The difference is that the people protesting, whether it was BLM, Me 2 or pick a cause acted with restraint and chose not to breach restricted areas.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What other crime would you rather compare? 

When there is a home invasion, is it the homeowner's fault for not having purchased a better home security system?  There was more security on hand that day than at any other protest that took place the previous couple of years.  The difference is that the people protesting, whether it was BLM, Me 2 or pick a cause acted with restraint and chose not to breach restricted areas.

And you double down! Unbelievable.