January 6th Committee Hearings

AUDynasty

21 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Are you both sidesing the Jan 6th insurrection?

Seriously. 

We've already got a few posters playing on that - and one obsessed with it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is the nail in the coffin for Trump. If the DOJ doesn’t take the information they have been given and charge Trump’s a**, then the system is too far gone for redemption.

Side note: I’d love to be a fly on the wall to see Trumps reaction to her testimony.

It goes beyond Trump. Certaint portions of the country are primed for another populist cult of personality. 

The difference, the next one will likely be more cunning and wickedly intelligent than Trump, who is a buffoon. I'll use de Santis as an example. 

• Like 4

After yesterday, even some of my MAGA of MAGA friends stopped saying that they even like trump. They like the idea of trump, but no longer trump. It is very easy to see that he had no good intentions at any point here. He was actively doing ill toward the nation. 

At the same time, some of these people leading this have cried wolf so many times over the last 6 years no one should take one word they say seriously. IMHO the matter would elevate in gravitas if Schiff were nowhere to be found. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, I_M4_AU said:

No, it was because they didn’t trust the Dems to do the right thing.

You mean look the other way and pretend nothing happened?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

You mean look the other way and pretend nothing happened?

No, they meant Adam Schiff was still around so as a preemptive move let’s set up pardons.

21 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

They all knew.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, they meant Adam Schiff was still around so as a preemptive move let’s set up pardons.

"...We're going to get charged with every crime imaginable if we make that movement happen."

Yeah, you sure caught Schiff red-handed with that.

• Haha 1

Just now, AUDynasty said:

"...We're going to get charged with every crime imaginable if we make that movement happen."

Yeah, you sure caught Schiff red-handed with that.

Adam Schiff has a track record and it isn’t providing truth to the charge.  He has convinced important people for years that he had proof and none existed.  If you believed him back then when he has been a proven liar; why would you believe him now?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Adam Schiff has a track record and it isn’t providing truth to the charge.  He has convinced important people for years that he had proof and none existed.  If you believed him back then when he has been a proven liar; why would you believe him now?

Okay. You're still missing the point (or intentionally ignoring) of this topic thread.

Yesterday it was revealed that:

• Trump assaulted a Secret Service member.
  • People have said that they were going to be charged with every crime imaginable if they went through with it.
  • Trump threw his lunch on the wall after Bill Barr announced that there were no evidence of election fraud.
  • Trump said they should let the insurrectionists in the Capitol -- "they weren't going to hurt me." He encouraged that the mags should be taken down -- indicating that Trump knew insurrectionists were armed and had an intention to harm people.

There's so much more to come about the whole Jan. 6th riot that we're still learning and will be finding out more about.

But Schiff is looking very suspicious. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. That's still not the point here.

It still doesn't change a thing about what is currently going on.

Trump has a track record and it isn't providing truth to the charge. He has convinced important people for years that he had proof and none existed. If you believed him back then when he has been a proven liar; why would you believe him now?

9 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Okay. You're still missing the point (or intentionally ignoring) of this topic thread.

Yesterday it was revealed that:

• Trump assaulted a Secret Service member.
  • People have said that they were going to be charged with every crime imaginable if they went through with it.
  • Trump threw his lunch on the wall after Bill Barr announced that there were no evidence of election fraud.
  • Trump said they should let the insurrectionists in the Capitol -- "they weren't going to hurt me." He encouraged that the mags should be taken down -- indicating that Trump knew insurrectionists were armed and had an intention to harm people.

There's so much more to come about the whole Jan. 6th riot that we're still learning and will be finding out more about.

But Schiff is looking very suspicious. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. That's still not the point here.

It still doesn't change a thing about what is currently going on.

Trump has a track record and it isn't providing truth to the charge. He has convinced important people for years that he had proof and none existed. If you believed him back then when he has been a proven liar; why would you believe him now?

The assault of the Secret Service members have been denied by THE Secret Service members.

Charged because of the track record of Adam Schiff and the Democrats 

Throwing a plate is a temper tantrum and not a criminal offense.

Or the reason he said that was Secret Service personnel where not going to let him go to the capital because it was not secured enough for him to go and this was his rational.

I don’t believe Trump as he is out for himself and as of three weeks after the 2020 election I have been looking for someone else to lead the country.  I don’t like a kangaroo court and this Jan 6th mini series we are watching now.

What is your guess that AG Garland will do after the mini series is over?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The assault of the Secret Service members have been denied by THE Secret Service members.

Or the reason he said that was Secret Service personnel where not going to let him go to the capital because it was not secured enough for him to go and this was his rational.

I don’t believe Trump as he is out for himself and as of three weeks after the 2020 election I have been looking for someone else to lead the country.  I don’t like a kangaroo court and this Jan 6th mini series we are watching now.

It does not take a rational mind in order to,,, rationalize.  Can anyone be any more disingenuous?

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They're welcome to come and testify under the oath. Hutchinson can be charged with perjury if it is verified that she was lying.

Your question at the end is a good question. Would Garland deliver charges against Trump and his company? Trump and his company have committed a list of crimes, so if the shoe fits... we'll see with due time. 

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

It does not take a rational mind in order to,,, rationalize.  Can anyone be any more disingenuous?

So, to you there is only one truth and not other explanation could be feasible, is this correct?  I am glad you are not a judge.

Just now, AUDynasty said:

They're welcome to come and testify under the oath. Hutchinson can be charged with perjury if it is verified that she was lying.

Your question at the end is a good question. Would Garland deliver charges against Trump and his company? Trump and his company have committed a list of crimes, so if the shoe fits... we'll see with due time. 

The bottom line is if the DOJ will prosecute?  If he doesn’t it was all for show, if he does, great bring in on as if he is convicted it will make 2024 a lot easier for the Republicans.

As to perjury; her testimony was 2nd hand, so I really don’t know why the *testimony* was allowed, but they (Adam Schiff) allowed it in the 1st impeachment.  It’s just the way Adam rolls.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, to you there is only one truth and not other explanation could be feasible, is this correct?  I am glad you are not a judge.

Correct.  There are no alternate versions of the truth.

Probably why I have never been selected for a jury. 

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Correct.  There are no alternate versions of the truth.

Probably why I have never been selected for a jury. 

The problem is; finding the truth and not relying on your gut feelings.  Then it becomes *your* truth and that is not always *the* truth.

• Facepalm 1

Man, anyone still in Trump's corner after all these hearings has their head stuck so far in the sand, they're eavesdropping on a village in China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Man, anyone still in Trump's corner after all these hearings has their head stuck so far in the sand, they're eavesdropping on a village in China.

Trump is only a symptom.  The problem lies within the party itself.  They have affected even those who are thinking and feeling human beings.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Cult members aren't exactly known for critical thinking.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Trump is only a symptom.  The problem lies within the party itself.  They have affected even those who are thinking and feeling human beings.

They are a huge conglomeration of narcissistic sociopaths.   

But you're right, Trump was the catalyst, but another will replace him once he's off the stage.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The problem is; finding the truth and not relying on your gut feelings.  Then it becomes *your* truth and that is not always *the* truth.

You continue the foolish attempt to rationalize truth.  Do you understand the concept of truth?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Throwing a plate at a person is a criminal offense. Assault and attempted battery.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The bottom line is if the DOJ will prosecute?  If he doesn’t it was all for show, if he does, great bring in on as if he is convicted it will make 2024 a lot easier for the Republicans.

As to perjury; her testimony was 2nd hand, so I really don’t know why the *testimony* was allowed, but they (Adam Schiff) allowed it in the 1st impeachment.  It’s just the way Adam rolls.

I don't think hearsay is inadmissible in congressional hearings but that isn't a topic covered alot in evidence.

32 minutes ago, Didba said:

Throwing a plate at a person is a criminal offense. Assault and attempted battery.

Did anybody press charges?