Jump to content
Null

Zach C putting in work


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, DAG said:

And this is called an anomaly. I hate when posters AMPLIFY anomalies. A-Rod has by far exceeded expectations and that does not speak to solely Kiesau ability but A-Rod's talent and work ethic. I want to see a consistent method of such work. Do you have references of other QBs to reinforce the idea that he has an eye for QB talent? And no I am not downing Coach Kiesau. I think he has a high football acumen. 

 

Also I am sure it was a team approach in the finding and recruitment of A-Rod to California

https://web.archive.org/web/20191205183533/https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-11-11-0411110322-story.html

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-on-tedford
 

I know A-rod has referenced coach Tedford more than one time since his professional days. Let's not give all the credit to Eric without reputable sources .

To be fair the story about A-Rod is straight from Harsin's podcast with Kiesau I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites





3 minutes ago, Didba said:

To be fair the story about A-Rod is straight from Harsin's podcast with Kiesau I think

Yeah thank . I saw a few posters reference that podcast. With that being said, I still consider CEK a question mark at this level. But I am one who is happy with Calzada and the potential he can bring. I know stats say otherwise 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, e808 said:

My question is if Caleb Williams transferred to Auburn would we need these tidbits and talking points to sell everyone on what type of Qb he is. The season can’t get here fast enough 

Weren't the tidbits and talking points when Caleb Williams entered the portal so hot because our 3 week old OC hire (Austin Davis) was following Williams on instagram and Davis could relate to Williams so that gave Auburn a strong shot at landing the QB.  I remember that talk on the recruiting board. lol 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've never heard him called A Rod.  Maybe it is just a mostly Wisconsin only thing??

I'm well verse in how terrible he is. 

For sure . I am huge spurs fan as well. It is no different than when Tony Parker got older he put on a little weight . Most of the spurs  community called him Tony Porker.

 

Or Arkansas fans calling Bret Bielima , “Bert”

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Weren't the tidbits and talking points when Caleb Williams entered the portal so hot because our 3 week old OC hire (Austin Davis) was following Williams on instagram and Davis could relate to Williams so that gave Auburn a strong shot at landing the QB.  I remember that talk on the recruiting board. lol 

Also because he coached RW. That was a major reason supposedly 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah thank . I saw a few posters reference that podcast. With that being said, I still consider CEK a question mark at this level. But I am one who is happy with Calzada and the potential he can bring. I know stats say otherwise 

I'd recommend listening to both Coordinator podcasts bud, they really give some good insight into their experiences as coaches

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also because he coached RW. That was a major reason supposedly 

That's right!  I forgot what the tidbits & talking points were relative to Caleb Williams coming to AU. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Weren't the tidbits and talking points when Caleb Williams entered the portal so hot because our 3 week old OC hire (Austin Davis) was following Williams on instagram and Davis could relate to Williams so that gave Auburn a strong shot at landing the QB.  I remember that talk on the recruiting board. lol 

I was referencing that moreso as to say u probably wouldn’t have to sell him as a QB as u do ZC. Some believe he will light it up. Some are optimistic and hopefully. Some are from Missouri and say show me. That’s why I said the season couldn’t come fast enough

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to ZC for a second, Hoke reported today that they are hearing that Harsin is installing a few of A&M's concepts that Calzada seemed to execute well. He believes it's a telling sign of the QB race, and I agree. Not a huge fan of installing A&M's boring concepts, but if it's only a few of them that he did well that's cool I suppose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Back to ZC for a second, Hoke reported today that they are hearing that Harsin is installing a few of A&M's concepts that Calzada seemed to execute well. He believes it's a telling sign of the QB race, and I agree. Not a huge fan of installing A&M's boring concepts, but if it's only a few of them that he did well that's cool I suppose

Don’t Harsin and Jimbo both run pro style offenses?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Back to ZC for a second, Hoke reported today that they are hearing that Harsin is installing a few of A&M's concepts that Calzada seemed to execute well. He believes it's a telling sign of the QB race, and I agree. Not a huge fan of installing A&M's boring concepts, but if it's only a few of them that he did well that's cool I suppose

Maybe Harsin just learned a few things he liked from Jimbo whether Calzada starts or not. I have no problem with Harsin adapting, getting better, and adding plays to his playbook in fact I love it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Don’t Harsin and Jimbo both run pro style offenses?

You know, there's a lot better football X and O folks on this site that could probably give a better answer, but I believe so, but maybe with a lot of differences? I've heard Harsin's classified as more of a pro-tempo, whereas Jimbo is more straight up old school pro-style. I will say that watching A&M highlights I don't believe Jimbo goes under center nearly as much as Harsin. In fact I'm not sure if Jimbo really ever goes under center, so would that mean he's really not a pro-style? No clue

Tagging @metafourand @cole256 for their thoughts because they seem to usually have great answers to these types of questions imo. Guys if y'all don't know feel free to ignore. Love learning about X and O's on here though 

Edited by au302
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Maybe Harsin just learned a few things he liked from Jimbo whether Calzada starts or not. I have no problem with Harsin adapting, getting better, and adding plays to his playbook in fact I love it.

Every coach “borrows” it’s a copycat league

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Don’t Harsin and Jimbo both run pro style offenses?

Honestly, "pro-style" is largely a misnomer these days, because the pros do what works, and that is constantly evolving as pieces get moved around the boards of play...but yes, both coaches mentioned have what would be considered a pro-style offense. They aren't particularly similar in their overall philosophies, but both are advanced enough that I would say they border upon professional complexity.

I definitely think it's a good thing to learn from others in your profession, too. I always think about the movie We Are Marshall, how they decide to run the Veer and go to Bobby Bowden at their biggest rival's school to learn it, then they're watching the film to learn from it. "Well that's not stupid." I don't know why that line always stood out to me so much, but it's a great way of pointing out something to learn from.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Honestly, "pro-style" is largely a misnomer these days,

Really agree.  If you watch the NFL, pro style isn't what 90% of ppl use it for under center/TE/2 back sets ppl try to use it as.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn:

Bit early in the day for PBR, ain't it Golf?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not with popcorn it's not

So popcorn makes PBR acceptable early in the morning, then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, au302 said:

You know, there's a lot better football X and O folks on this site that could probably give a better answer, but I believe so, but maybe with a lot of differences? I've heard Harsin's classified as more of a pro-tempo, whereas Jimbo is more straight up old school pro-style. I will say that watching A&M highlights I don't believe Jimbo goes under center nearly as much as Harsin. In fact I'm not sure if Jimbo really ever goes under center, so would that mean he's really not a pro-style? No clue

Tagging @metafourand @cole256 for their thoughts because they seem to usually have great answers to these types of questions imo. Guys if y'all don't know feel free to ignore. Love learning about X and O's on here though 

Don't think anybody these days runs anything what people may envision to be pro style these days. Football now is almost like basketball it's about spreading the field and producing mismatches. 

Now more than ever it's about a QB that can use his legs as well as his arm to be a threat every where on the field. I don't think we'll see someone come out in something like a traditional I formation for a while. And even if you do I'd bet that the full back is some super versatile athlete that can be a weapon or something like that. 

Imo opinion the most successful teams are the guys I guess would be categorized as having a "multiple" offensive scheme. 

Also I think you don't ever want to get set up with specialist on offense. You want your slot guys to be able to surprise on the outside and your big guys to be able to create separation in the slot and things of that nature, if I could point out one major problem we've had for the past decade it would be that on offense. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Every coach “borrows” it’s a copycat league

I don't want  a coach who doesn't borrow when he sees something he likes. A coach who doesn't evolve falls behind.. Cole is correct that the good teams cam move players around and when a particular player comes in that doesn't let the defense know what he will do. To often in the past at Auburn when a player came in on O I could predict the next play.

Some teams are so good you can know what play is coming and still not stop it but in most cases you want the Defense reacting because they did not know what to expect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pro-style = multiple to me, its the ability to play 3, or 4 WR sets, 2-3 TE sets, run the pistol, under center, shotgun. 

Have a strong running attack with multiple audibles to different run or pass plays from the same personnel grouping/set so the defensewe can see a run play 3-4 times and when they adjust, you audible and hit the short pass or the middle crossing route that's open because the defenders are expecting the same run play again.

 

create tendencies with personnel groupings then break them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Read my lips

Take the can away so I can see them first.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...