Meet the New Tigers: 4* CB Keionte Scott

Zeek

The series keeps rolling! Keionte Scott is an interesting player added to the roster. Junior College players often don't get the attention that high school recruits do when they are coming in to the program. Do you think Scott starts? What's your starting secondary look like? Who are some of your favorite Tigers to come from the junior college ranks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always liked DBs as punt returners for two reasons...but both of them are related to video games more than reality. Number one is that if it's a fake, then you've got a DB as a deep safety, instead of a WR or RB with a tackle rating of 7. Number two is more for my dynasty mode gameplay, because I could jack up the break tackle/juke/spin/stiff arm/etc without affecting their overall rating at their normal position, which sat better in my head than having a totally artificially enhanced offense. (Not that I didn't jack up ratings on offense some, just that the ball carrying skills weren't all set to 97-99 like they were with my kick returners.)

• Like 2

DB room is interesting. There's a lot they can do. I do think Scott plays a lot. What I'm not so sure on is Pritchett. He'll play, but how do they use him? He got torched against good teams last year, notably UGA. Do they use him at FS a bit and slide Kaufman over to nickel? Have James/Scott and Simpson/Rhym at the corners. A little more depth to play with than last year 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

The series keeps rolling! Keionte Scott is an interesting player added to the roster. Junior College players often don't get the attention that high school recruits do when they are coming in to the program. Do you think Scott starts? What's your starting secondary look like? Who are some of your favorite Tigers to come from the junior college ranks?

If the “con” that he doesn’t have great hands, seems like he wouldn’t make a good returner either.

Wish he would’ve been on campus for spring. He’s got the talent to start. If I had to guess The coaches will probably start DJ James and Simpson since they have experience 

• Like 1

Dude's film, to me, looks like he can be a starter. I'm impressed with his skills but it will take time being in the SEC.