Jump to content
Null

SEC Football 2022 Predictions


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

And rightfully so, I might add.

 

champoy-el-risitas.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites





9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The guy that wrote that stuff hates Bo so bad that he can't stand to type the truth.

Yes, you should ask @cole256how much I've always hated Bo and never thought he could be good.

9 hours ago, au302 said:

The reality is that, no matter how hard any of us try to spin it, he was a bottom tier QB in the SEC.

Correct.  We replaced a 3 year starter who was bottom of the SEC with a guy who got thrust into action in '21 and has just 1 year experience...who was also bottom of the SEC.

We should have won 9-10 games with a healthy QB who was near the bottom of the SEC.  Most important position on the field, we were not good, and would have had a chance to go to the SECCG if Bo didn't get hurt....

On reason I'm not completely doom and gloom about '22

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We should have won 9-10 games with a healthy QB who was near the bottom of the SEC

You choose to ignore all the key 1st downs Nix made by running the ball. There were a lot of them, and not a few rushing TD's. If Calzada's passing stats are slightly worse than Nix's but he doesn't have that rushing ability, he's no where near Nix's equal as a QB.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You choose to ignore all the key 1st downs Nix made by running the ball. There were a lot of them, and not a few rushing TD's. If Calzada's passing stats are slightly worse than Nix's but he doesn't have that rushing ability, he's no where near Nix's equal as a QB.

Gonna be wild when we have a QB that is actually a good QB and not just a runner.

Calzada will break 3k yards passing in '22.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

You choose to ignore all the key 1st downs Nix made by running the ball. There were a lot of them, and not a few rushing TD's. If Calzada's passing stats are slightly worse than Nix's but he doesn't have that rushing ability, he's no where near Nix's equal as a QB.

Bo made some amazing plays with his feet. He also bailed too early repeatedly and made some horrible plays with his feet. 

What we have been missing more than anything from our QB is downfield passing. Calzada should be better at this than Bo, which is one of the few signs of optimism I see for this offense. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna be wild when we have a QB that is actually a good QB and not just a runner.

Calzada will break 3k yards passing in '22.

That’s a slippery slope if he goes for 3k (which is a pretty big jump from last year) then that probably means u aren’t getting much out of the run game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calzada can run if needed.  

Miss State is a team to watch out for.  Arkansas is still a year away especially on defense.  Ole Miss could be sneaky good.  There might be a lot of talent in Baton Rogue but they lost a ton.  Texas A&M is getting in reload instead of rebuild territory.  Tennessee, Florida, and USCe are intriguing teams in the East and could jump up and get someone.  Auburn isn't as bad off as people think they are.  I think you'll see enough improvement up front to move the ball.  Having a LB or defensive QB will be the biggest thing on D.  We saw how lost the defense can look against Ga State without a field general to get everything lined up correctly.   McClain returning for the 2nd half may have been just as important as some of the plays TJ made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s a slippery slope if he goes for 3k (which is a pretty big jump from last year) then that probably means u aren’t getting much out of the run game.

Not necessarily, especially with Harsin's commitment to deep passing routes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You choose to ignore all the key 1st downs Nix made by running the ball. There were a lot of them, and not a few rushing TD's. If Calzada's passing stats are slightly worse than Nix's but he doesn't have that rushing ability, he's no where near Nix's equal as a QB.

Nix was definitely a better QB than he was the year b4. I believe he ran as much as he did bc he trusted his dancing feet much more than he did his off target arm ( probably due to those dancing feet). His throwing improved when he set well, but can’t break those habits quickly. Calzada has played in 11 games last year. I expect similar progression from Calzada as we saw from Nix. Calzada actually threw a great deal in spring, just didn’t have any contact. As far as throwing improvement and playbook understanding, he should have progressed more than some suppose due to the injury protection,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, e808 said:

That’s a slippery slope if he goes for 3k (which is a pretty big jump from last year) then that probably means u aren’t getting much out of the run game.

That isn't really even close to true.  3k passing is nothing these days.  You can have a good running game and avg 230 yards in the air

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That isn't really even close to true.  3k passing is nothing these days.  You can have a good running game and avg 230 yards in the air

Based on the stats I posted about that would put him over Bennett and he had an all world tight end that no one could check. He didn’t top 3k and he had a better receiving core. Matt at Ole Miss only surpassed it by 300 with an uptempo offense. CZ is gonna be almost 900 yards better than last year. IMO that’s a lot to ask when there are so many unknowns. We will find out very soon.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 8:16 AM, W.E.D said:

Yes, you should ask @cole256how much I've always hated Bo and never thought he could be good.

Correct.  We replaced a 3 year starter who was bottom of the SEC with a guy who got thrust into action in '21 and has just 1 year experience...who was also bottom of the SEC.

We should have won 9-10 games with a healthy QB who was near the bottom of the SEC.  Most important position on the field, we were not good, and would have had a chance to go to the SECCG if Bo didn't get hurt....

On reason I'm not completely doom and gloom about '22

Lol you see? Have any type of criticism towards Bo, even when it's nothing bad you'll get accused. Bo was limited throwing the ball deep......you'll get a reply like YOU JUST HATE BO! He is a good kid and he gives his heart and soul to Auburn! As if he does anything different than any other guy that laces up to play.....

But watch how they critique Finley and the other QB's this year.....I guarantee you'll be able to say much more than you have the past 3 years

 

Also I just want to point out the guy arguing with you, would time after time talk down on any QB that you'd mention running the ball......if you had problems throwing the ball he was all about moving them to wr, tight end, safety, etc.....Now it's he picked up first downs with his legs 😂

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again if you had ANY faith in Bo, if you argued that he had potential, there is absolutely no reason to doubt any of the QB's we have now. They all have showed as much potential as Bo ever did. If you already downing the other QB's but constantly defended Bo you're either stupid or showing your bias, or maybe both

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really think folks need to step back when they say they " hate" a AU player. Whether it's Bo Nix or anyone else. There is zero doubt in my mind that Bo gave his all for Auburn. Was he polarizing at times? Sure...It's fair to critique his game or anyone else's but to say you hate an AU player is over the top to me.. Just my 2 cents, folks certainly have the right to say what they want. And I have the same right to call folks out if need be

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I really think folks need to step back when they say they " hate" a AU player. Whether it's Bo Nix or anyone else. There is zero doubt in my mind that Bo gave his all for Auburn. Was he polarizing at times? Sure...It's fair to critique his game or anyone else's but to say you hate an AU player is over the top to me.. Just my 2 cents, folks certainly have the right to say what they want. And I have the same right to call folks out if need be

No one on here is saying they hate an AU player. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You referring to the poster who regularly insinuates other posters are stupid?

Not sure about that , but said he has always hated Bo and knew he would never be any good. IMO , that's over the top. I think it was better for BO and AU to split up. But I will never say I hate any AU player especially one who busts his a$$ to win. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure about that , but said he has always hated Bo and knew he would never be any good. IMO , that's over the top. I think it was better for BO and AU to split up. But I will never say I hate any AU player especially one who busts his a$$ to win. 

Oh. That was sarcasm. @W.E.Dregularly defended Bo before last season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure about that , but said he has always hated Bo and knew he would never be any good. IMO , that's over the top. I think it was better for BO and AU to split up. But I will never say I hate any AU player especially one who busts his a$$ to win. 

That's not even close to the correct context of that response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Fair enuf. Just reading it seemed pretty straightforward to me. 

How?  I said to ask another post if I hated him.  No one said they hated him

 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:16 AM, W.E.D said:

Yes, you should ask @cole256how much I've always hated Bo and never thought he could be good.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...