SEC Football 2022 Predictions

aubiefifty

In the West, you’ve got bama who will be picked first every year until someone dethrones them.  
A&M has loaded up with talent.   Can Jimbo do anything with it, is the question.   They will have a significant talent advantage over almost every opponent they play.  
OM has a lot of transfer talent coming in.  Lane will at least keep it entertaining if nothing else.  
Arky is a developing program.   I think they’re going to keep getting better each year.   Unfortunately, their peak isn’t where it used to be.   2nd or 3rd in the West would be a huge success for them.   
MSU is going to throw for 400-500 yards every week win or lose.   Rogers has another year in the system and I believe I heard more WRs to throw to.   
LSU is a huge mystery.    I have no idea what to think about them right now.  
AU has a ton of holes and question marks.  Our hopes are riding on 2 new coordinators, a defense to get much better and more consistent, in spite of losing a lot of talent, a QB that sucked last year, and an OL that has sucked for 2-3 years.   
I think we’ll find a way to do better than last place.   But I’m not real sure how just yet.   

6 hours ago, cbo said:

No one on here is saying they hate an AU player. 

If anything with Bo it was people needed to chill with always telling people they are hating on Bo. If anything needed to be called out it was that. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than ten posts on here where people legitimately went too far critiquing Bo in 3 years. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Once again if you had ANY faith in Bo, if you argued that he had potential, there is absolutely no reason to doubt any of the QB's we have now. They all have showed as much potential as Bo ever did. If you already downing the other QB's but constantly defended Bo you're either stupid or showing your bias, or maybe both

There is plenty of reason to doubt the current QB's. They've accomplished little to nothing at AU and the best of the lot appears to be a true freshman who's never played a snap of college ball.

None has shown that they are likely to end their AU careers as our total offense leader. Bo Nix is the all-time total offense leader at AU. He gained more yards in three seasons than any previous AU QB gained in four. https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2021/11/nix-now-all-time-leader-in-total-offense-by-auburn-quarterbacks

Which of the current four do you expect to surpass Nix's accomplishments at Auburn? You claim they have all showed as much potential as Bo Nix. So, which do you predict to break Nix's record?

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

If anything with Bo it was people needed to chill with always telling people they are hating on Bo. If anything needed to be called out it was that. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than ten posts on here where people legitimately went too far critiquing Bo in 3 years. 

Bo got a longer leash than any QB I've ever seen on here. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is plenty of reason to doubt the current QB's. They've accomplished little to nothing at AU and the best of the lot appears to be a true freshman who's never played a snap of college ball.

None has shown that they are likely to end their AU careers as our total offense leader. Bo Nix is the all-time total offense leader at AU. He gained more yards in three seasons than any previous AU QB gained in four. https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2021/11/nix-now-all-time-leader-in-total-offense-by-auburn-quarterbacks

Which of the current four do you expect to surpass Nix's accomplishments at Auburn? You claim they have all showed as much potential as Bo Nix. So, which do you predict to break Nix's record?

Personally, I would predict any QB in the modern era to break Bo's record, as long as he starts as many games and has as many passing attempts. 

This "all-time offense leader at AU" thing does not mean what you act like it does. Modern offenses constantly break records and Bo played a lot of games. He has more attempts than any other Auburn QB except Stan White, who ... has more passing yards than Bo. So does Jason Campbell, with less attempts. 

Look at total offense yards per season. Cam, Stidham (twice), and Nick (twice) had more yards in a season than Bo ever did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

This doesn't even make seen sense. First you're trying to use stats to hype Bo up to be something that he's not. But even so of course a guy won't have the stats Bo had since Bo was given the keys to a team early, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they could be better than him. ZC has shown just as much talent if not more than Bo has. 

The point is if you argued at people to wait on Bo you are foolish to say I'm worried about the QB position. If you weren't ever worried about Bo then there's nothing that should worry you. Because you weren't ever worried about a QB that couldn't throw accurately more than 8 yards down the field......but you saw potential in him.....that means you could do that for these guys as well

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

I agree, yet somehow it was spun into the fans being so mean to him.  It's pretty remarkable how protected he was as the starting QB for a top 15 program in the nation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Being the starter for 3 years goes a long way into counting stats.  "Total Stats" really are garbage and do nothing more than show longevity over true performance.

Bo Nix was better than Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Jason Campbell...hell put Stidham on that list...just b/c he has more "total yards"???

Sorry, no.  This is either a horrible argument by someone who has never done any basic analysis or it is disingenuous.  I don't think you're the former so easy to drop this one in the disingenuous bucket. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The point is if you argued at people to wait on Bo you are foolish to say I'm worried about the QB position. If you weren't ever worried about Bo then there's nothing that should worry you. Because you weren't ever worried about a QB that couldn't throw accurately more than 8 yards down the field......but you saw potential in him.....that means you could do that for these guys as well

Right.  We've brought in a guy who was a 1st year starter that at worst put up equal stats vs a 3 year starter.  He might not run as well, but he's an elite down field thrower.  How crazy might it be to have a QB who's best trait is throwing the ball?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This doesn't even make seen sense. First you're trying to use stats to hype Bo up to be something that he's not. But even so of course a guy won't have the stats Bo had since Bo was given the keys to a team early, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they could be better than him. ZC has shown just as much talent if not more than Bo has. 

You didn't answer my question. Who, among the current AU quarterbacks, do you expect to break Nix's record? You claim all have the potential to be better. So, who will do it?

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You didn't answer my question. Who, among the current AU quarterbacks, do you expect to break Nix's record? You claim all have the potential to be better. So, who will do it?

I didn't answer you because you misquoted me and now are starting a complete different convo and missed the point of my statement because of your need to defend everything Bo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

🤦‍♂️Why are we still talking about Bo?!?!?

Let’s move on!!!

Our QB situation is still a mess.   There’s plenty to talk about there!

Here's the thing, so this is a forum, there are going to be things that interest you and things that doesn't. When it's something that doesn't instead of telling people what they should talk about you can just not participate in that particular convo.

Secondly your statement the QB position is a mess is exactly why I'm talking about Bo because this situation is actually better than we've had in years and once again if it wasn't a problem then it's not a problem now. 🤷🏾

Edited by cole256

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Let’s move on!!!

Improvement from last year (Bo) is relevant to this discussoin.

At worst, we are on the same level.  Different type of QB...hell I remember a year ago everyone was arguing Bo wasn't the type of QB Harsin wanted b/c he was a runner.

Compared to last year our QB room is drastically better.

Calzada is on par with Bo
TJ is better than TJ last year
HG is actually an SEC QB vs Dee Davis
Ashford is better than whom ever was 4th

We've upgraded and developing talent. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

the best of the lot appears to be a true freshman who's never played a snap of college ball.

How can you make this claim when one of the QBs in the race wasn't a full participant in spring?

14 hours ago, cbo said:

Personally, I would predict any QB in the modern era to break Bo's record, as long as he starts as many games and has as many passing attempts. 

This "all-time offense leader at AU" thing does not mean what you act like it does. Modern offenses constantly break records and Bo played a lot of games. He has more attempts than any other Auburn QB except Stan White, who ... has more passing yards than Bo. So does Jason Campbell, with less attempts. 

Look at total offense yards per season. Cam, Stidham (twice), and Nick (twice) had more yards in a season than Bo ever did. 

This on so many levels.  All time offensive leader being a QB in the modern era is the worst kind of counting stat there is.  When will people realize "counting" stats are not significant as they think they are. Counting stats matter less because all it really measures is how long you played and how many games did you play in.

QB rating and PFF grades are much better statistical analysis.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Improvement from last year (Bo) is relevant to this discussoin.

At worst, we are on the same level.  Different type of QB...hell I remember a year ago everyone was arguing Bo wasn't the type of QB Harsin wanted b/c he was a runner.

Compared to last year our QB room is drastically better.

Calzada is on par with Bo
TJ is better than TJ last year
HG is actually an SEC QB vs Dee Davis
Ashford is better than whom ever was 4th

We've upgraded and developing talent. 

Just curious.. How do u know TJ is better this year than last year? Surely u aren't basing that off the spring game?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just curious.. How do u know TJ is better this year than last year? Surely u aren't basing that off the spring game?

A year of development with an actual spring.  Inherently, he will have improved himself physically and mentally, we know this because we know Harsin values hard work, and effort put in to compete.  If TJ wasn't putting in immense amount of hard work and effort, Harsin wouldn't have him in the competition so high.

Doesn't mean he will be the starter and doesn't mean he has improved so much as to become and above average QB but we can inherently know that after an offseason and spring full of development he will be better than he was last year. 

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Being the starter for 3 years goes a long way into counting stats.  "Total Stats" really are garbage and do nothing more than show longevity over true performance.

Bo Nix was better than Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Jason Campbell...hell put Stidham on that list...just b/c he has more "total yards"???

Sorry, no.  This is either a horrible argument by someone who has never done any basic analysis or it is disingenuous.  I don't think you're the former so easy to drop this one in the disingenuous bucket. 

I swear I hadn't read this before I made my post about how bad counting stats are LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Let’s move on!!!

We are still talking about Bo bc he is the leader in total offensive yards at AU and the best QB to ever play at AU...duh.gif.5f20e4fbabb1eda6387280250ac27eec.gif

/ssssssss

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Whomever plays the same amount of games as Nix over the next three years will break Nix's record.  It's that simple.

@cole256 answered his dumb question for you.

• Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

A year of development with an actual spring.  Inherently, he will have improved himself physically and mentally, we know this because we know Harsin values hard work, and effort put in to compete.  If TJ wasn't putting in immense amount of hard work and effort, Harsin wouldn't have him in the competition so high.

Doesn't mean he will be the starter and doesn't mean he has improved so much as to become and above average QB but we can inherently know that after an offseason and spring full of development he will be better than he was last year. 

I'm sorry, but there is no way to know that until the season starts and he plays. I mean u may be correct. But, there is no way to know that until we see him in games.

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way to know that until the season starts and he plays. I mean u may be correct. But, there is no way to know that until we see him in games.

Yes, there is, I just stated how you can know that by logically inference. 

If person X spends a whole year getting stronger, learning, listening/watching, practicing, getting personal lessons/teaching from experts in the field, reflecting on past performance and doing that every day for a year with determination we can know that they will have improved when compared to themselves a year before. 

A person doesn't get worse or stay the same after a year of hard work, and effort to better themselves.  The thing we don't know is to what degree they improved themselves and I think that is what you are really trying to say without realizing it. 

To say we cannot know TJ improved until he plays in a game is a logical fallacy.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Please stop with this dumb argument. Hopefully no QB has to break it because that will mean that we aren't mismanaging the QB situation so badly that we have no choice but to start a true frosh and start him for 3 years despite being one of the worst QB's in the conference because our depth behind him is Grant Loy, Cord Sandberg, Chayil Garnett, and Dematrius Davis, all guys who have zero business on a power 5 roster.

Don't believe me, look at the stats. Despite all the greatness you spout on the guy, he was ranked 11th in the SEC last year. In fairness to you Calzada was ranked 12th, so as of today we ain't better. Harsin's gonna have to work wonders with Calzada. Hopefully Nix fits better at Oregon and has a great season as well

• Like 1