Jump to content
Null

SEC Football 2022 Predictions


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just curious.. How do u know TJ is better this year than last year? Surely u aren't basing that off the spring game?

He looked better than last year.  You can be better w/out being perfect and still have improvement needed

Edited by W.E.D
Link to comment
Share on other sites





31 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yes, there is, I just stated how you can know that by logically inference. 

If person X spends a whole year getting stronger, learning, listening/watching, practicing, getting personal lessons/teaching from experts in the field, reflecting on past performance and doing that every day for a year with determination we can know that they will have improved when compared to themselves a year before. 

A person doesn't get worse or stay the same after a year of hard work, and effort to better themselves.  The thing we don't know is to what degree they improved themselves and I think that is what you are really trying to say without realizing it. 

To say we cannot know TJ improved until he plays in a game is a logical fallacy.

Maybe we didn’t watch the same spring game. Because that was far from improvement regarding TJ. If that truly was the feeling why is everything riding pretty much with ZC starting at QB.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe we didn’t watch the same spring game. Because that was far from improvement regarding TJ. If that truly was the feeling why is everything riding pretty much with ZC starting at QB.

The spring game doesn't factor into the totality of the analysis I was using because it occurred midway through the year of development though it can be used as a metric to help determine degree of improvement.

For your third sentence, it is resolved by what I already said:  We do not know the degree of TJ's improvement.  Hence, the people that think everything is riding on ZC think that TJ's degree of improvement will not be enough to be the starter.

For the record, I do not think TJ's degree of improvement will be so high that he is the starter.  My only contention was that we can know he has improved and will be better than he was last year, not that he will be so improved that he will be the starter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He looked better than last year.  You can be better w/out being perfect and still have improvement needed

Exactly, we can know he improved compared to himself because a year of hard work and development has occurred.  What we cannot know is his degree of improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Yes, there is, I just stated how you can know that by logically inference. 

If person X spends a whole year getting stronger, learning, listening/watching, practicing, getting personal lessons/teaching from experts in the field, reflecting on past performance and doing that every day for a year with determination we can know that they will have improved when compared to themselves a year before. 

A person doesn't get worse or stay the same after a year of hard work, and effort to better themselves.  The thing we don't know is to what degree they improved themselves and I think that is what you are really trying to say without realizing it. 

To say we cannot know TJ improved until he plays in a game is a logical fallacy.

 Maybe its fallacy to u. I can say in the Spring game he didn't show me any improvement from the previous  season. And I know he still has summer and fall camp to go

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure about the analogy of just because someone does something another year they are automatically improved. U have plenty people in the workplace that don’t improve and are there for years. Sometimes people are who they are 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Exactly, we can know he improved compared to himself because a year of hard work and development has occurred.  What we cannot know is his degree of improvement.

The offensive line from 2020 to the 2021 season says hello

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, e808 said:

I am not sure about the analogy of just because someone does something another year they are automatically improved. U have plenty people in the workplace that don’t improve and are there for years. Sometimes people are who they are 

Yeah because those people in the workplace aren't putting in the hard work by getting stronger, learning, listening/watching, practicing, getting personal lessons/teaching from experts/professionals in the field, reflecting on past performance and doing that every day for a year with determination.

If they spend the year putting in the hard work by getting stronger, learning, listening/watching, practicing, getting personal lessons/teaching from experts in the field, reflecting on past performance and doing that every day for a year with determination we can know that they will have improved when compared to themselves a year before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The offensive line from 2020 to the 2021 season says hello

A change in offense and type of blocking required in the new offense says hello

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

A change in offense and type of blocking required in the new offense says hello

There is always a reason isn't there? Being able to line up and blow people off the line of scrimmage stays the same, no matter the system . Most of the OLine been at AU for multiple yrs, not alot of improvements from year to year, but I'm sure they are working hard

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys just aren't getting it and that's okay.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

There is always a reason isn't there

yes, that is literally one of the primary reasons the offensive line struggled. 

Spread offenses and pro-style offenses require a different style of blocking and a different physical body shape.  The spread/wing T was developed at the high school level so smaller linemen at small schools could still be effective in blocking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Ditto

No.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Didba said:

yes, that is literally one of the primary reasons the offensive line struggled. 

Spread offenses and pro-style offenses require a different style of blocking and a different physical body shape.  The spread/wing T was developed at the high school level so smaller linemen at small schools could still be effective in blocking.

K.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All those talking points used for TJ could be applied to D Davis and apparently there was no improvement. According to some post the problem he had before remained the same after all that training. Thus is no longer at Auburn. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

K.

Sorry, you used the Oline from 2020 to 2021 as an attempt to discredit what I was stating.  So I had to point out that your attempt doesn't work because of the massive scheme change that year.

Further, it doesn't even apply to what I was saying because my logical inference regarding TJ's improvement is based upon him being in the same offensive scheme from last year to this year.  Whereas your example regarding the 2020-2021 Oline had a massive scheme change in the middle of the developmental year.  The scheme change is an added element.

If TJ endured a scheme change this past off season then you could not make the logical inference I am referring to because he would have to start from ground zero in learning the offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, e808 said:

All those talking points used for TJ could be applied to D Davis and apparently there was no improvement. Thus is no longer at Auburn. 

No they cannot be, because DD had a scheme change, further its debatable whether DD ever had the potential in the first place (which no one really debates that TJ has a high ceiling and good arm strength). 

 

My inference for TJ is based on all things remaining the same when it come to offensive scheme and strength/training program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Didba said:

Sorry, you used the Oline from 2020 to 2021 as an attempt to discredit what I was stating.  So I had to point out that your attempt doesn't work because of the massive scheme change that year.

Further, it doesn't even apply to what I was saying because my logical inference regarding TJ's improvement is based upon him being in the same offensive scheme from last year to this year.  Whereas your example regarding the 2020-2021 Oline had a massive scheme change in the middle of the developmental year.  The scheme change is an added element.

If TJ endured a scheme change this past off season then you could not make the logical inference I am referring to because he would have to start from ground zero in learning the offense.

K.    So with your logic stated above. I expect improvement from the members of the OL who played last year and are back this year. Troxel, Jones, Ziere, Brahms and the rest of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

 Maybe its fallacy to u. I can say in the Spring game he didn't show me any improvement from the previous  season. And I know he still has summer and fall camp to go

 

We just need him to improve enough to be viable emergency depth at this point in case both Calzada and Geriner go down (Ashford as second package QB). Hopefully gets his degree in December so he can grad transfer for spring ball next year. Then hopefully come back as a grad assistant after that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

K.    So with your logic stated above. I expect improvement from the members of the OL who played last year and are back this year. Troxel, Jones, Ziere, Brahms and the rest of them. 

Yes, that's the idea.  Though like I mentioned with DD potential/ceiling is important factor in all of this and of course to remember that improvement does not necessarily mean a massive jump in performance. Improvement could simply mean the lineman go from below average run blockers to just average.  I explicitly stipulated above that we cannot know the degree of improvement.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

We just need him to improve enough to be viable emergency depth at this point in case both Calzada and Geriner go down (Ashford as second package QB). Hopefully gets his degree in December so he can grad transfer for spring ball next year. Then hopefully come back as a grad assistant after that

I agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Being able to line up and blow people off the line of scrimmage stays the same, no matter the system .

No that is incorrect, it actually doesn't stay the same between spread and pro-style run blocking.  They use completely different run blocking schemes.  Man blocking is line up and blow people off the line, zone blocking uses smaller more agile lineman to create space and leverage by firing off in diagonal manner.

The wing-T which is Gus's base offense uses zone blocking.  Harsin's pro-style offense uses man blocking schemes.  There were plenty of player interviews with our lineman detailing the poundage and muscle building Harsin's strength training was designed to do whereas Gus's was more about building strength while keeping the lineman agile and lean.

Source: https://thepaintedlines.com/football-101-man-blocking-vs-zone-blocking/

 

Also, nice edit btw.

Edited by Didba
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Being able to line up and blow people off the line of scrimmage stays the same, no matter the system .

Tell me you know better than that....completely different blocking skills and technique. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Being able to line up and blow people off the line of scrimmage stays the same, no matter the system

That’s not true at all. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...