SEC Football 2022 Predictions

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Didba said:

A change in offense and type of blocking required in the new offense says hello

That's likely a hello and goodbye IMHO. I see little reason to expect the OL to be any better this year and no matter who is the QB he will be running for his life just like Nix did. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Tell me you know better than that....completely different blocking skills and technique. 

I'm talking about when it's 3rd and 1 and all the guy has to do is fire off the ball and bust the guys mouth in front of him. How many different blocking scheme can their be for that? I saw time and time again AU lineman get pushed in the backfield last year. Example is Tanks carry on 3rd and 1 in Iron Bowl.. Different scheme had nothing to do with that . The right guard and tackle got whipped 1 on 1. Of course, I know Gus offense and Harsin offense require different techniques. But not on 3rd and 1 and the RB gets thrown fir a loss or the QB gets bent backwards on a QB sneak

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Tell me you know better than that....completely different blocking skills and technique. 

THANK YOU!

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s not true at all. 

I'm talking about when it's 3rd and 1 and u block the guy right in front of you.. How many different schemes can there be for that?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm talking about when it's 3rd and 1 and u block the guy right in front of you.. How many different schemes can there be for that?

One and its "Gap Scheme". Which is what we utilize now under Harsin.

Auburn ran a "zone scheme" under Gus. Under that scheme on 3rd and 1 the olineman would still block the dlineman or LBer that was a 45 degree angle to his right.

Did you even open the source I provided you that would have educated you on this exact topic?

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I will quote you... You guys just aren't getting it and that's ok

Dude you literally don't understand basic football blocking schemes that are taught to peewee football players at 10 years old.  You are the only one here that isn't getting it. Period. Your understanding of blocking scheme is simply wrong and incorrect.

I even provided you a source that would have educated you on the issue and yet you still double down.

Like gap vs zone scheme isn't disputable in any way, shape or form.  It is taught at every level of the sport.

Its like saying all math is the same so we shouldn't distinguish between algebra and geometry.

Edited by Didba

24 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Different scheme had nothing to do with that . The right guard and tackle got whipped 1 on 1. Of course, I know Gus offense and Harsin offense require different techniques.

yes different scheme has something to do with it when for their entire career the strength and training program was designed to produce smaller, more agile, lean lineman because the zone scheme required smaller, leaner, agile lineman.  HUNH offenses also cause olineman to be leaner, more agile, less bulky, so they have better endurance for the heightened pace of play.

It takes time to switch your body to what it needs to be to block in a gap scheme.  Their bodies weren't prepared to block in a gap scheme, hence why many of our lineman have bulked up considerably since Harsin got here.  It just doesn't happen over night.  Multiple of our line starters opined to this in interviews. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well it depends . Is the QB underneath the center , is the QB in the shotgun about to run a delay sneak? Is the QB in the shotgun with a backer or two next to him? Is the QB in the shotgun , 5 wide with a motion receiver ? There are several different formations you can run out or 3rd and 1.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's likely a hello and goodbye IMHO. I see little reason to expect the OL to be any better this year and no matter who is the QB he will be running for his life just like Nix did. Hope I'm wrong.

You don't think that having their bodies actually developed for the type of blocking scheme they are running now will be a reason for the blocking to be improved?  They literally didnt have the "tools" yet to run block in a gap scheme.  They have had to bulk up this offseason big time.

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dude you literally don't understand basic football blocking schemes that are taught to peewee football players at 10 years old.  You are the only one here that isn't getting it. Period. Your understanding of blocking scheme is simply wrong and incorrect.

I even provided you a source that would have educated you on the issue and yet you still double down.

Like gap vs zone scheme isn't disputable in any way, shape or form.  It is taught at every level of the sport.

Its like saying all math is the same so we shouldn't distinguish between algebra and geometry.

K. Thanks for the lesson

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Didba said:

You guys just aren't getting it and that's okay.

Also see what I mean? When Bo was here was anybody trying to argue that he can't get better or talk about his performance in spring? You can already see what many of our fan base are gearing to do. Even in this discussion, why are we talking about Bo? Saying you hate Bo is too much. Bo gave his all to Auburn wish him well.......n

Our QB's are a mess and they suck! 😃

This season this board is going to be a clown show 🤡

Once again there's no reason to have been able to turn a blind eye to all the faults our QB has had all these years and before these guys even get started to be saying they suck or don't have it or whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

You don't think that having their bodies actually developed for the type of blocking scheme they are running now will be a reason for the blocking to be improved?  They literally didnt have the "tools" yet to run block in a gap scheme.  They have had to bulk up this offseason big time.

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was said that we ran a ton of zone under Harsin last year, but now y'all are saying it was gap. I think I understand the differences, but I never paid that much attention when watching highlights 

What do my talking points have to do with Bo. I haven’t mentioned him at all. He has moved on and I wish him well. I am talking about my opinion of what my eyes saw regarding TJ. Maybe he gets better or maybe he won’t. That doesn’t change what has already occurred.

Edited by e808
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, e808 said:

What do my talking points have to do with Bo. I haven’t mentioned him at all. He has moved on and I wish him well. I am talking about my opinion of what my eyes saw regarding TJ. Maybe he gets better or maybe he won’t. That doesn’t change what has already occurred.

Somehow it always reverts back to Bo and how he wasn't criticized enuf on the board or if someone did critize him they were chastised..BTW, I wanted to give TJ  a shot last year while Bo was struggling

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, au302 said:

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was said that we ran a ton of zone under Harsin last year, but now y'all are saying it was gap. I think I understand the differences, but I never paid that much attention when watching highlights 

When we are under center it is most likely a gap scheme and when we are in shotgun it is probably a zone scheme, also since Bobo was involved we don't know how much of last years offense was Bobo's vs Harsin's.  We may have ran more zone out of necessity last year. 

What I know for certain is when we are in short yardage and we jump into a heavy I formation set with two tight ends its likely a gap scheme.

Either way, we know that Gus only ran zone scheme/HUNH as such his strength program was designed to produce agile, lean, and quick lineman that blocked with fenisse and leverage rather than overpowering with strength and bulk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

K. Thanks for the lesson

anytime bud, I love teaching people about scheme, general strategy, I played for a long time and dabbled a very small amount in coaching.  I cant say I am an expert on skill positions so I don't speak to it but when it comes to the big boys, I know my stuff since I was a road grader myself, as well as overall scheme for offensive and defensive playcalling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Also see what I mean? When Bo was here was anybody trying to argue that he can't get better or talk about his performance in spring? You can already see what many of our fan base are gearing to do. Even in this discussion, why are we talking about Bo? Saying you hate Bo is too much. Bo gave his all to Auburn wish him well.......n

Our QB's are a mess and they suck! 😃

This season this board is going to be a clown show 🤡

Once again there's no reason to have been able to turn a blind eye to all the faults our QB has had all these years and before these guys even get started to be saying they suck or don't have it or whatever. 

If my general feelings (along with some other coaching buddies of mine) are right about this staff and the scheme is implemented/executed correctly then there is gonna be some massive crow to eat after the season.

• Like 2

Yeah somehow.......couldn't type anything last year but before the season even starts the QBs suck.....but why even bring that up? 

We could convince ourselves that Bo was a heisman contender but can't see anything out of these guys.....zc was every bit as good as our previous QB btw....but can't talk about Bo.....

I'm going to point out the hypocrisy though, I could care less whose feelings it hurts

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

If my general feelings (along with some other coaching buddies of mine) are right about this staff and the scheme is implemented/executed correctly then there is gonna be some massive crow to eat after the season.

The o line run blocking was pretty bad but their pass blocking wasn't as bad as it was made out on here imo. I think the o will be better this year. Or at least could be better. I think zc is just as good as Bo if not better at actually throwing the ball, and to judge Finley in the position he was put in would just be dumb. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

I'll die on this hill with ya, brother. The scheme last year didn't even seem like the problem. They'd draw up good offensive game plans and the offense would look good first two drives, but then poor execution, boneheaded situational play-calls, and Bobo focusing too much on being balanced rather than take what they were giving would cause it to go to hell. Need Hars or Keys (whoever's calling the plays) to have better rhythm once the scripted drives are done 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

and to judge Finley in the position he was put in would just be dumb. 

Are you MikeG? LMAO, i am kidding but he preaches this on the WarRapport

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

Trust me you will not be seeing crow be eaten. The spin zone would be full force 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Trust me you will not be seeing crow be eaten. The spin zone would be full force 

Oh, they might spin it but you can bet that I'll be calling bull

12 hours ago, au302 said:

I'll die on this hill with ya, brother. The scheme last year didn't even seem like the problem. They'd draw up good offensive game plans and the offense would look good first two drives, but then poor execution, boneheaded situational play-calls, and Bobo focusing too much on being balanced rather than take what they were giving would cause it to go to hell. Need Hars or Keys (whoever's calling the plays) to have better rhythm once the scripted drives are done 

I agree. There were a few calls that didn't make sense to me here and there, but as far as overall game planning strategies they weren't bad

• Like 2