SEC Football 2022 Predictions

aubiefifty

Ok so Bo looked bad against UGA and Auburn took LSU lunch with TJ as the starter and they didn’t have the greatest season. We u argue Auburn was as good as UGA in which Bo faced. That was one of the game they won pretty convincing. So far we have the game played against Auburn, ending of last season starts and the spring game as evidence. That’s all I can go by is what has been done. Can’t predict the future 

Edited by e808

Okay, as for OP and the predictions for the coming season ..... My opinion ......

3 likely wins -- Mercer, San Jose State, Western KY
5 likely losses -- Bama, UGA, A&M, Ole Miss, Penn State
4 toss ups -- Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Miss State

LSU lost a ton of talent due to draft, graduation and portal exits, and has an entirely new coaching staff with new schemes. The game will be in Auburn, so maybe AU can pull that one out. We get Missouri at Auburn as well. Maybe Auburn can win those two. Arkansas is getting better and Pittman has them playing at top level. Miss State will throw for 5 million yards and the game will be played in Oxford.

If Auburn can win 2 of the toss-ups, that would be a 7-5 record. Win 3, that's an 8-4 record. That's the best I think we can anticipate, unless Calzata turns out to be the golden boy Heisman surprise.

Bo was 11th in the SEC in passing last year. Calzata was 12th after his year. Ashford is an unknown, but he is definitely talented. Harsin may have a special package for him, just to get him on the field. Geriner may have the most upside, but is a true freshman, will Harson really put him out there?

Thing is, Auburn has 4 veteran OL coming back. They will all leave after this season. Harsin was not any more successful recruiting OL than Gus.

If Harsin is going to do well, it will be THIS YEAR, because next year it will be a complete offensive rebuild without real experience on the OL. I expect Bigsby to go pro after this year if he stays healthy. If Harsin can't pull something together this year -- like 8-4 -- and if he has crappy recruiting, I suspect he will be terminated. An 8-4 season with a really good recruiting bunch, he may survive.

Personally. I'm hoping he makes us all look really bad, pulls out a GREAT season! WDE!!!!

Edited by AURex
  • Thanks 1

Y'all know what was arguably Harsin's biggest screw up? Not convincing his boy Hank Bachmeier to get on the plane with him from Boise and having him and Bo enter an all out battle last January. I get that the portal wasn't a thing yet and that he probably didn't want to piss off his alma mater and friend Avalos, but Hank would've won the job and fit in much better last year.

Considering the circumstances Finley was not a bad pickup. He was the best we could do. The only other option was some third stringer from Arizona that was in his fourth year and had never played (Grant Loy 2.0). With Loy, Sandberg, Garnett, and DD as your backups you are severely handicapped if your starter goes down. None are power 5 guys

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

I thought that Bo was bad, and should have been benched, but as bad as he was he was not Finley level bad. Agree that Finley has more arm talent, but that doesnt matter if you can't make decisions and aren't accurate. With Bo there were at least times that he'd get into a rhythm and catch fire for a drive or two. TJ it's just a grind the entire game. He is less experienced, but he's going into his junior season after looking totally helpless. It is what it is. Wish he'd figure it out because he's got the arm talent

And with our OL, the QB better be able to at least move around in the pocket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

If you believed in Bo as bad as he was in the beginning of his career you can believe in any of the QB's we have now

In Bo's first start he beat PAC-12 champ Oregon. In TJ's first start he beat.....oh wait. TJ hasn't beaten anybody in a game he started at Auburn. He's 0-fer all his starts.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Okay, as for OP and the predictions for the coming season ..... My opinion ......

LSU lost a ton of talent due to draft, graduation and portal exits, and has an entirely new coaching staff with new schemes. The game will be in Auburn, so maybe AU can pull that one out. We get Missouri at Auburn as well. Maybe Auburn can win those two. Arkansas is getting better and Pittman has them playing at top level. Miss State will throw for 5 million yards and the game will be played in Oxford.

If Auburn can win 2 of the toss-ups, that would be a 7-5 record. Win 3, that's an 8-4 record. That's the best I think we can anticipate, unless Calzata turns out to be the golden boy Heisman surprise.

I think you better check your math. If AU wins two of your tossups, the record is 5-7. Win three of them and we are all the way up to 6-6.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, au302 said:

I thought that Bo was bad, and should have been benched, but as bad as he was he was not Finley level bad. Agree that Finley has more arm talent, but that doesnt matter if you can't make decisions and aren't accurate. With Bo there were at least times that he'd get into a rhythm and catch fire for a drive or two. TJ it's just a grind the entire game. He is less experienced, but he's going into his junior season after looking totally helpless. It is what it is. Wish he'd figure it out because he's got the arm talent

What game did tj play where he looked worse than Bo against Georgia? Except Bo wasn't thrown in he actually prepared the entire summer.

But hey cool that's your opinion. My opinion Bo played multiple games and looked worse than Finley

Edited by cole256

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Translation: You were traumatized by the support Bo got because you think he should have been benched.

Duly noted.

It's hilarious how you keep quotingme then after I reply you tell some lame joke and you feel good about it. It's even funnier in this instance because of the Bo super supporters who are so desperate that they will even fake laugh at you if that means defending Bo. 

But I'll keep it simple and won't let anybody deviate from the obvious hypocrisy. The way Bo played and looked his first couple of years if you convinced yourself to see potential in that there's no way you can say I've seen enough to know tj don't have it. Nobody saw Bo do anything with his arm or show anything between his ears to say well he's going to be good in the future. Period

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In Bo's first start he beat PAC-12 champ Oregon. In TJ's first start he beat.....oh wait. TJ hasn't beaten anybody in a game he started at Auburn. He's 0-fer all his starts.

I feel bad for you. You used to be able to at least seem capable when you argued stupid stuff.....I guess it's your age. But no Bo didn't beat Oregon. We won in spite of Bo instead of because of him. The closest thing we have actually is the game Bo was benched and tj had to come in and get us a win because Bo couldn't perform. 

If anybody won that Oregon game it was Seth Williams......the guy that most of the Bo super fan club hates for whatever reason 😃

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, cole256 said:

The o line run blocking was pretty bad but their pass blocking wasn't as bad as it was made out on here imo. I think the o will be better this year. Or at least could be better. I think zc is just as good as Bo if not better at actually throwing the ball, and to judge Finley in the position he was put in would just be dumb. 

I fully agree with this entire post. The pass pro from our OL last year was pretty decent actually. Often times Bo would bail early and make it appear as if there was pressure when there really wasn't because he didn't know how to step up in the pocket. 

I also fully agree ZC is better than Bo throwing for sure and I think better period. I think ZC has the most potential on the team from what I have seen. I am still looking forward to seeing how TJ progresses and I hope he does and he and ZC push each other to the max. 

• Thanks 1

I understand  not caring for Bo but Seth didn’t throw that pass to himself. Yep season hurry up and get here.

4 hours ago, AURex said:

Bo was 11th in the SEC in passing last year. Calzata was 12th after his year. Ashford is an unknown, but he is definitely talented. Harsin may have a special package for him, just to get him on the field. Geriner may have the most upside, but is a true freshman, will Harson really put him out there?

Thing is, Auburn has 4 veteran OL coming back. They will all leave after this season. Harsin was not any more successful recruiting OL than Gus.

If Harsin is going to do well, it will be THIS YEAR, because next year it will be a complete offensive rebuild without real experience on the OL. I expect Bigsby to go pro after this year if he stays healthy. If Harsin can't pull something together this year -- like 8-4 -- and if he has crappy recruiting, I suspect he will be terminated. An 8-4 season with a really good recruiting bunch, he may survive.

Personally. I'm hoping he makes us all look really bad, pulls out a GREAT season! WDE!!!!

Yeah, but we may be forced to keep him for optics reasons if he just makes a bowl this year.

5 hours ago, e808 said:

I understand  not caring for Bo but Seth didn’t throw that pass to himself. Yep season hurry up and get here.

Yep. This whole obsession with Bo Nix is baffling. I get it he was polarizing and had his ups and downs but geeze, he is gone. It's best for both parties. The way some of these folks post on here, you would think that Bo stole their milk money in elementary school. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I fully agree with this entire post. The pass pro from our OL last year was pretty decent actually. Often times Bo would bail early and make it appear as if there was pressure when there really wasn't because he didn't know how to step up in the pocket. 

I also fully agree ZC is better than Bo throwing for sure and I think better period. I think ZC has the most potential on the team from what I have seen. I am still looking forward to seeing how TJ progresses and I hope he does and he and ZC push each other to the max. 

Being objective and pointing this out means you hate Bo to 4 guys on here though......It's better to say all the QB's suck and we're doomed. 😂

Right now it's literally guys arguing with me saying if you had hope for Bo and he didn't show too much you can root for the guys on the team now........and that's baffling season hurry up and get here indeed😂😂

Edited by cole256

Maybe I missed it, but could someone post where someone criticized Bo or Bo's play last year and got lambasted for doing so? I mean more so than when any other player was criticized? I know I was critical of him at times and don't remember any over the top backlash. It's in the past and I guess it don't matter but it's a recurring theme on here that says, Bo is off limits to criticism.  If anyone has examples ??? And BTW, I'm on record saying, I thought TJ should be given a shot last year when BO was struggling 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's hilarious how you keep quotingme then after I reply you tell some lame joke and you feel good about it. It's even funnier in this instance because of the Bo super supporters who are so desperate that they will even fake laugh at you if that means defending Bo. 

But I'll keep it simple and won't let anybody deviate from the obvious hypocrisy. The way Bo played and looked his first couple of years if you convinced yourself to see potential in that there's no way you can say I've seen enough to know tj don't have it. Nobody saw Bo do anything with his arm or show anything between his ears to say well he's going to be good in the future. Period

I just love how you talk down to anyone who has a view different than yours while promoting yourself as the know-it-all sports guy, then accuse everyone who disagrees with you of hypocrisy.

Bo did some good things and some not so good things, but at the end of the day, I think transferring to the other side of the country was the right move for him. Both sides of the debate about whether he's a good QB are hung up on him being a 5 star legacy, just that one side thinks he can do no wrong and the other side thinks he can do no right.

I'm not particularly fond of either line of thought, myself. Bo doesn't deserve to be hoisted up on shoulders for what he did at Auburn, but it's not difficult to keep defending him when there are those still attacking him, because say what you will about him, but he was giving it everything he had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I just love how you talk down to anyone who has a view different than yours while promoting yourself as the know-it-all sports guy, then accuse everyone who disagrees with you of hypocrisy.

Bo did some good things and some not so good things, but at the end of the day, I think transferring to the other side of the country was the right move for him. Both sides of the debate about whether he's a good QB are hung up on him being a 5 star legacy, just that one side thinks he can do no wrong and the other side thinks he can do no right.

I'm not particularly fond of either line of thought, myself. Bo doesn't deserve to be hoisted up on shoulders for what he did at Auburn, but it's not difficult to keep defending him when there are those still attacking him, because say what you will about him, but he was giving it everything he had.

I love how you randomly keep starting up arguments and then keep saying the same thing completely lying and unable to provide any substance to your claims. 

It's hilarious you are still butt hurt because I disagreed with you in a basketball forum months ago and you still hold it to your heart. Good stuff. Fantastic mod.

Btw nobody was even talking about Bo in all the instances you went on and on about. I'm sure you're proud of your take though.

I predicted you would do this a few posts earlier so once again......nobody is arguing about Bo or what he did throughout his career. You just prove once again you bring Bo up someone will pop up and defend and talk about how he gave his all to Auburn as if it's more than any other player that laces up.

My point is if you saw potential in him and gave him a chance you can do that for the other QB's on the roster now......we are now laughing at how people that are triggered about Bo is trying to twist this and make a positive post about the team into a negative hurt Bo argument. Good stuff 👍🏾

Edited by cole256

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I love how you randomly keep starting up arguments and then keep saying the same thing completely lying and unable to provide any substance to your claims. 

It's hilarious you are still butt hurt because I disagreed with you in a basketball forum months ago and you still hold it to your heart. Good stuff. Fantastic mod👍🏾

If you really think I only noted your attitude of superiority a few months ago, then you are sorely mistaken. You do seem more brazen in the basketball forum, however, so I guess it makes sense that's the place you would notice my reaction first. But no, you've been under observation for far longer than that, rest assured. Your arrogance combined with an abrasive interaction style saw to that.

11 hours ago, e808 said:

Ok so Bo looked bad against UGA and Auburn took LSU lunch with TJ as the starter and they didn’t have the greatest season. We u argue Auburn was as good as UGA in which Bo faced. That was one of the game they won pretty convincing. So far we have the game played against Auburn, ending of last season starts and the spring game as evidence. That’s all I can go by is what has been done. Can’t predict the future 

There is a narrative trying to be set by some... They want no criticism of TJ this year as they opine that there was no criticism of  BO allowed last year or if there was criticism they were labeled a BO hater. I saw and posted plenty of fair criticism of BO and never recall any perceived backlash for it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If you really think I only noted your attitude of superiority a few months ago, then you are sorely mistaken. You do seem more brazen in the basketball forum, however, so I guess it makes sense that's the place you would notice my reaction first. But no, you've been under observation for far longer than that, rest assured. Your arrogance combined with an abrasive interaction style saw to that.

Now you are doing your usual talk to just talk. Idga damn what you noted. You aren't anybody. I'm talking about your interactions. People have noticed you, you think you are a favorite here or something?

Fact is you keep saying stuff you can't back up. And if we were to look at posts you would actually see it's you constantly throwing little jabs and quirps. It's you that keep talking down. It's you that tried to hype yourself up. It's just that it's so lame I don't care enough to bring it up because people will read it and laugh. 

And I'm super nice on the basketball forum, you have none and will never have any evidence of me talking down to anyone on there that didn't attack me first because I love teaching and talking basketball. Once again you are just butt hurt that you said something over there that didn't make sense or you are just jealous that some ask me my opinion and they ignore you. Either way I don't care. 

But if you think I could or would care about you "observing" or whatever you are talking about you would sorely mistaken. 

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There is a narrative trying to be set by some... They want no criticism of TJ this year as they opine that there was no criticism of  BO allowed last year or if there was criticism they were labeled a BO hater. I saw and posted plenty of fair criticism of BO and never recall any perceived backlash for it.

Stop the passive aggressive....it's a forum, there's no need to be passive aggressive. If you have something you want to address just say it. 

Now as far as me I'll never say I don't want any criticism of a player because that would make me a hypocrite as I criticize the play of players because that's the purpose of a forum.

No there's not a narrative trying to be set I'm pointing out FACTS that's already been done. You are at least trying to do something right.....Yeah if you weren't on here maybe you should find out before you start talking too much.

One thing about it, I don't lie about anything on here. Nobody here is so important or have any type of authority over me that I would have to lie. 

And running to guys that are very passionate to take up for everything Bo does what exactly? What do you think they will say? How about ask someone that isn't liking everything pro Bo and liking everything anti tj if you really wanted the truth? But that's just a suggestion. Do whatever you want. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Right now it's literally guys arguing with me saying if you had hope for Bo and he didn't show too much you can root for the guys on the team now..

The problem with this is you are dead solid wrong. Bo Nix showed a lot of promise. He had a huge hand in not only the Oregon win but in the Iron Bowl win his freshman year. If you don't think so, just watch the final five minutes of the '19 Iron Bowl.

Bo Nix showed enough promise to be voted SEC Freshman of the Year. Which of our current QB's has shown the slightest indication that he could win such games or earn such honers? I'll answer for you: None.

Here's a question for you though: Sean White is gone. Basketball's Justin Powell is gone. Bo Nix is gone. Who ya' gonna' pick to hate on in the future? Geriner? Calzada? Lior Berman? Your possible choices are obvious.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Stop the passive aggressive....it's a forum, there's no need to be passive aggressive. If you have something you want to address just say it. 

Now as far as me I'll never say I don't want any criticism of a player because that would make me a hypocrite as I criticize the play of players because that's the purpose of a forum.

No there's not a narrative trying to be set I'm pointing out FACTS that's already been done. You are at least trying to do something right.....Yeah if you weren't on here maybe you should find out before you start talking too much.

One thing about it, I don't lie about anything on here. Nobody here is so important or have any type of authority over me that I would have to lie. 

And running to guys that are very passionate to take up for everything Bo does what exactly? What do you think they will say? How about ask someone that isn't liking everything pro Bo and liking everything anti tj if you really wanted the truth? But that's just a suggestion. Do whatever you want. 

Cole, I'm really not understanding your point. I've said numerous times that I was critical of BO at times and thought TJ should have been given a chance last year. There may be some who thought BO was a golden child. I'm not one of them. He did some good , some bad. Ive saw you post numerous times that people were called out for being critical of BO. I never was and havent seen examples where anyone else was, at least not in an over the top way. In my book, TJ will receive the same consideration as   BO. All the QBS will as far as I'm concerned.  They are ALL open to fair criticism,  not personal attacks like saying they suck or are hated, but fair criticism.  Would u agree?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

What game did tj play where he looked worse than Bo against Georgia? Except Bo wasn't thrown in he actually prepared the entire summer.

But hey cool that's your opinion. My opinion Bo played multiple games and looked worse than Finley

Nix's floor is worse than any power 5 QB in the conference. No argument there. But when he was on, which wasn't often, he was average. TJ's floor isn't as low (nobody's is). He'll take care of the ball. But his "best" is still below average. Just don't see it with him like you do, even though I agree he's got a lot of potential. All of this debate will be decided one way or another come fall camp during media viewing. Interested to see if TJ still takes first string reps. Not holding my breath on it