The real democrat party

jj3jordan

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Unfortunately, Republicans will do worse to the innocent.

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-just-said-evidence-024506252.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Solid irrelevant off topic comment as usual. No " you are a liar" yet. Thank you. Different cases obviously one in the courts the other just democrats oppressing a successful black man. SCOTUS follows the law and even if it seems wrong it is really not their call to make. The governor can remedy the situation. For the record I am in favor of reviewing and retrying capital cases when new evidence emerges and it is clear that errors were made that hopefully would not happen now. 

• Facepalm 1

So the FCC is going after a dude's radio license because he lied on his taxes one time?  I don't see what this story has to do with Democrats or Republicans?  

Edited by CoffeeTiger

i can tell you for a fact this is more one sided crap from jj. not sure about the fcc but the feds could care less about what party you are in if you refuse to pay your taxes. they will come at you and pile on. a friend in the first band i was in did not file a couple of years and if he had he would have gotten a tax refund. but since he did not they kept piling on until they had him owing close to a hundred grand. he had to get a lawyer and got it whittle to almost nothing and i have never forgotten that.

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Solid irrelevant off topic comment as usual. No " you are a liar" yet. Thank you. Different cases obviously one in the courts the other just democrats oppressing a successful black man. SCOTUS follows the law and even if it seems wrong it is really not their call to make. The governor can remedy the situation. For the record I am in favor of reviewing and retrying capital cases when new evidence emerges and it is clear that errors were made that hopefully would not happen now. 

I understand your perspective.  You, the article wish to believe that this is a partisan phenomenon. 

In my opinion, the real relevance is a larger statement.  It says something about the decline of our civilization.  Replacing the idea/ideals of justice with a sanctity for the law itself is a means of control.  It is a marker in the historical decline of democracies.  It is evidence of values being replaced by sanctification of authority.

Which should we value more?  The rule of law or, the desire for true justice. 

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I understand your perspective.  You, the article wish to believe that this is a partisan phenomenon. 

In my opinion, the real relevance is a larger statement.  It says something about the decline of our civilization.  Replacing the idea/ideals of justice with a sanctity for the law itself is a means of control.  It is a marker in the historical decline of democracies.  It is evidence of values being replaced by sanctification of authority.

Which should we value more?  The rule of law or, the desire for true justice. 

Ask homer.He is big on the rule of law. I believe he is on the side of law.

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So the FCC is going after a dude's radio license because he lied on his taxes one time?  I don't see what this story has to do with Democrats or Republicans?  

It doesn't. Try to keep up. It is about the FCC oppressing a black radio station owner who has operated successfully for years by denying his license renewal because he was convicted and served time and paid restitution for taxes a long time ago before he even had a radio station. The only difference now is the Biden admin FCC chief is going after him for no apparent reason. It Trump admin did this it would be because he is black thus the racist tag.  The Biden admin IS doing it. 

The station owner must be more republican sided….hence the need to shut him down. Remember, as Biden says…if you don’t vote for him…you ain’t black….

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

Let's just be clear. The FCC is NOT a liberal, Democratic commission. There are currently 4 members -- 2 Democrats, 2 Republicans. Congress has so far failed to confirm Biden's nominee as 5th member of the commission.

So this is not Democrats exercising power.

There is nothing wrong with the linked article.

However, the title of this *thread* is wildly wrong and misleading.

• Like 2