Anyone who would still vote for Trump

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

giphy.gif

we got a pub 78 and a seek the truth 78. now i wonder if i banged one of the worn guys on something. lol  getting old is an adventure.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You seem to think who’s President matters a lot in regard to inflation.

You seem to deflect failures a lot. I suspect you were a Carter fan too?

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

just flap your arms a lot when you are up in the air and your petrol runs out...................

I have a big wingspan, but not quite that big. But autorotation is a thing. Not always pleasant. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have a big wingspan, but not quite that big. But autorotation is a thing. Not always pleasant. 

well there is hope for the future. when you get old like i am just use your scrotum to hang glide with. they get. you will look silly but maybe you will still be alive...............grins

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:46 AM, TexasTiger said:

If he was, you think that inflation wouldn’t be high?

Maybe not. According  to our president Exxons fault for high gas prices.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3519238-biden-bashes-big-oil-exxon-made-more-money-than-god-this-year/

“The president said that there are more than “9,000 permits for drilling” but that the oil companies “are not drilling.”

“Why don’t they drill more? Because they make more money not producing oil. Prices go up on the one hand. No. 2, the reason they are not drilling is they are buying back their own stock, should be taxed quite frankly. Buying back their own stock and not making new investments,” he said.”

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3519238-biden-bashes-big-oil-exxon-made-more-money-than-god-this-year/

“The president said that there are more than “9,000 permits for drilling” but that the oil companies “are not drilling.”

“Why don’t they drill more? Because they make more money not producing oil. Prices go up on the one hand. No. 2, the reason they are not drilling is they are buying back their own stock, should be taxed quite frankly. Buying back their own stock and not making new investments,” he said.”

ExxonMobil statement:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220615006025/en/ExxonMobil-statement-regarding-President-Biden-Letter-to-Oil-Industry

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ouch. Somebody up there on the hill misremembered. Probably just a small mistake, not propaganda from the left or anything.

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

i know this guy fetterman well. he asks me for money every single day almost running for office.

oil companies.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i know this guy fetterman well. he asks me for money every single day almost running for office.

oil companies.jpg

Why didn’t Uncle Joe jump on Apple while at it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/06/11/exxon-made-more-money-than-god---but-far-less-than-apple/?sh=4df6658a36ed

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:49 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Let us hope there is a dwindling number of those who would still vote for the present ineptness. 

Versus Trump? :rolleyes:

I'll choose an inept Biden over an inept authoritarian tyrant any day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

oil companies.jpg

Were they tapping the low grade, high cost tar sands reserves, this would not be accurate.  Since they are not, it is the truth.

In some sense, WWIII has begun.  It is an economic war at this point.  As in most wars, the capitalist thrive while society pays the costs.

I think the real question is this:  How far will we go to protect the dollar as world reserve currency?  Is it even possible?

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Good.   ;D

Any questions? 

Yes. How have you been? What're your plans for the game tomorrow? I was going to fly to Omaha, but work has been overwhelming. So, I'll just smoke a boston butt at home instead, and enjoy the game on TV. The wife is an Ole Miss fan . . . 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. How have you been? What're your plans for the game tomorrow? I was going to fly to Omaha, but work has been overwhelming. So, I'll just smoke a boston butt at home instead, and enjoy the game on TV. The wife is an Ole Miss fan . . . 

It's so hot here I could smoke a boston butt without a smoker.  And it's supposed to be even worse next week.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's so hot here I could smoke a boston butt without a smoker.  And it's supposed to be even worse next week.

Frying eggs on the asphalt for breakfast yet? lol 

I just officially got my voting and gun rights back this year. I had all of my convictions expunged in April. This November will be my first time to vote and I am 41 years old. Question is would I vote for Trump when the presidential election comes around? Honest answer is I don’t know. I have a feeling, in November, America is about to do what it always does, and that is over-correct in the other direction. I will relate it to what happened around 2014 when everyone demonized Pfizer and wanted to blame the overdoses from OxyContin on the pharmaceutical company and not personal responsibility. Now doctors won’t write pain pill prescriptions at all to people that really need it. That move has created the market for fentanyl that we have today. The correct path is always in the middle but the people of this country picked Ray Charles as their tour guide.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

I just officially got my voting and gun rights back this year. I had all of my convictions expunged in April. This November will be my first time to vote and I am 41 years old. Question is would I vote for Trump when the presidential election comes around? Honest answer is I don’t know. I have a feeling, in November, America is about to do what it always does, and that is over-correct in the other direction. I will relate it to what happened around 2014 when everyone demonized Pfizer and wanted to blame the overdoses from OxyContin on the pharmaceutical company and not personal responsibility. Now doctors won’t write pain pill prescriptions at all to people that really need it. That move has created the market for fentanyl that we have today. The correct path is always in the middle but the people of this country picked Ray Charles as their tour guide.

Speaking of Ray and anyone who does not like Ray the singer......well you need some help.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Speaking of Ray and anyone who does not like Ray the singer......well you need some help.

I just wouldn’t want him driving my Uber

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, wcware said:

I don't know how you could consider voting for a man who attempted by fraud to stop the PEACEFUL transfer of power, to create extreme civil conflict, destroy democracy.

The pharma industry new they were creating dependency.  When they realized how profitable it could be, they did not sound the alarm, they ramped up their efforts.  I would not minimize their role as "pushers".  Their actions are the worst sort of greed, purely evil.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't know how you could consider voting for a man who attempted by fraud to stop the PEACEFUL transfer of power, to create extreme civil conflict, destroy democracy.

Other than Russia, Russia and the “world wide” pandemic “phenomenon” life was pretty good a few years ago. Don’t know but that could be under consideration.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Other than Russia, Russia and the “world wide” pandemic “phenomenon” life was pretty good a few years ago. Don’t know but that could be under consideration.

Yeah a lot of things will be under consideration. We will see where we are at as a country and what quality of life is like the next couple of years.

10 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The pharma industry new they were creating dependency.  When they realized how profitable it could be, they did not sound the alarm, they ramped up their efforts.  I would not minimize their role as "pushers".  Their actions are the worst sort of greed, purely evil.

I mean we don’t even know what our options will be yet? I would prefer to not vote for any candidate that has been mentioned so far. My point about the pharmaceutical company was not their greed, it was the government interfering causing an over correction which has given us the fentanyl crisis that is killing more people in a year than OxyContin did in a decade

• Like 1