Anyone who would still vote for Trump

TexasTiger

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Other than Russia, Russia and the “world wide” pandemic “phenomenon” life was pretty good a few years ago. Don’t know but that could be under consideration.

I don’t think Trump is a viable candidate. Biden…….well…..yeah

10 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't know how you could consider voting for a man who attempted by fraud to stop the PEACEFUL transfer of power, to create extreme civil conflict, destroy democracy.

The pharma industry new they were creating dependency.  When they realized how profitable it could be, they did not sound the alarm, they ramped up their efforts.  I would not minimize their role as "pushers".  Their actions are the worst sort of greed, purely evil.

Everyone knew opiates were highly addictive in 1996 when OxyContin came out. For doctors running these pain clinics to claim they didn’t know while they raked in the cash is disingenuous and was something they said to help them sleep at night 

• Like 5

On 6/13/2022 at 3:04 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I'm out plenty. Cost just under $1000 to fuel a chopper these days. 

If you own a chopper, I cannot feel sorry for what it costs to fill it up.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

If you own a chopper, I cannot feel sorry for what it costs to fill it up.

This thing where you don't read the thread is tiring.

I will probably be dead before the duopoly provides us with two viable options to lead the country. 

I have no problem with Trump...everyone's freak out is ridiculous. ..its fun to watch

..but I know....the next republican president is going to be "worse than Trump....wait for DeSantis!!.....hes going to be the most racist, unbelievable, worst Eva president....I dont guess I need to tell anyone lol

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I have no problem with Trump...everyone's freak out is ridiculous. ..its fun to watch

..but I know....the next republican president is going to be "worse than Trump....wait for DeSantis!!.....hes going to be the most racist, unbelievable, worst Eva president....I dont guess I need to tell anyone lol

Trump had the unique opportunity to be the best President the country has ever had.  He didn't owe any establishment political power brokers anything.  He could have spoken truth not only to power, but to his supporters.  They would have followed his lead on health care reform, immigration reform and other areas that need urgent solutions.

Instead, he couldn't get out of the way of his own ego.  Nothing was more important to Trump than Trump.  He had no respect for the system of government that he was charged to lead.    The entire fiasco culminated with what we now know was an effort to subvert the U.S. Constitution in order to retain power.  We know this because people in his inner circle have testified to the facts that show him to be a deranged desperate man out of touch with reality.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people that wanted Hillary Clinton locked up over emails they couldn't prove existed are willing to grant Donald Trump a pass when he attempts to subvert the peaceful transfer of power and conspires with others to change the results of valid elections. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

conspires with others to change the results of valid elections. 

The people he *conspired* with (asked to find votes, etc.) didn’t do it.  There wasn’t a vote changed, all the electorates voted the way they were suppose to.  In the end Trump couldn’t convince good people to do bad things.  End of story.

Conservatives need to move forward and in 2 and 1/2 years I believe we will.

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The people he *conspired* with (asked to find votes, etc.) didn’t do it.  There wasn’t a vote changed, all the electorates voted the way they were suppose to.  In the end Trump couldn’t convince good people to do bad things.  End of story.

Should Trump be convicted for his actions?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Should Trump be convicted for his actions?

Did he do something illegal?  If he did, yes.  If he didn’t and the legal system tries to convict him and loses again, it will embolden him and his followers.  Is this the strategy? 

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did he do something illegal?  If he did, yes.  If he didn’t and the legal system tries to convict him and loses again, it will embolden him and his followers.  Is this the strategy? 

If he did and he’s not prosecuted will that embolden him?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Trump had the unique opportunity to be the best President the country has ever had.  He didn't owe any establishment political power brokers anything.  He could have spoken truth not only to power, but to his supporters.  They would have followed his lead on health care reform, immigration reform and other areas that need urgent solutions.

Instead, he couldn't get out of the way of his own ego.  Nothing was more important to Trump than Trump.  He had no respect for the system of government that he was charged to lead.    The entire fiasco culminated with what we now know was an effort to subvert the U.S. Constitution in order to retain power.  We know this because people in his inner circle have testified to the facts that show him to be a deranged desperate man out of touch with reality.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people that wanted Hillary Clinton locked up over emails they couldn't prove existed are willing to grant Donald Trump a pass when he attempts to subvert the peaceful transfer of power and conspires with others to change the results of valid elections. 

Trumps ego was a little disturbing, and Im not sure he had no respect for the system, but I do think he definitely needed to be surrounded by people who know the system better than he did to keep him in check ....I would say that for most presidents ..Ehh...ok, Trump, maybe a little more so LOL.  ...As far as the 2020 election goes...When you look at it...Biden got more votes than any other president in American history LOL.... the mysterious spike in Biden votes in the middle of the night...A lot of questionable actions at many of the voting locations... Considering it all, Im not sure Im ready to say " Trump wanted to subvert  the constitution to stay in power" yet....I mean there was enough there to where it was not unreasonable to have a "not so fast" kinda moment to merit looking into what happened.   To think the election results were BS vrs wanting to subvert the constitution to retain power are two entirely different things.  ...But with Trumps Ego, I can definitely see how it may look and I understand the media and his political opponents seeing a good opportunity to skewer him with it.  I just think if you reasonably consider how everything unfolded, I think Trump wasnt so much of a villian,...He just went all in on what seemed to him, as well as many others at the start, as a possible  rigged election and got it wrong.

51 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If he did and he’s not prosecuted will that embolden him?

In his mind, he didn’t do anything wrong, so no it won’t.  You have to prove he did something illegal.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You're underselling the Conspiracy that was going on. 

Even on the left people are focusing too much on Trump and what he individually wanted to do and not enough on all the Republicans around him and across the country that wanted his plan to work. 

There are Republican congressmen, Republican State leaders, and currently campaigning Republican governors who were 100% All in on the coup that Trump wanted and if they had been in a position of power they 100% would have tried to overthrow the election and send in fake/alternate electors or decertify the elections of certain states. 

This is what people are missing. "Oh, it doesn't matter because it didn't end up happening" 

Yeah...and a lot of people in the GOP are working to ensure that next time it WILL work...that's the real danger.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

In his mind, he didn’t do anything wrong, so no it won’t.  You have to prove he did something illegal.

Could you realistically be persuaded?

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Could you realistically be persuaded?

Sure, in a court of law.  Do it, put us out of our delusion. 

33 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Doesn’t sound very good

It doesn’t sound good at all, but the good thing is the good people did not join in his delusion.  He had no influential people, other than his inner circle, that believed his version of the election.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There are Republican congressmen, Republican State leaders, and currently campaigning Republican governors who were 100% All in on the coup that Trump wanted and if they had been in a position of power they 100% would have tried to overthrow the election and send in fake/alternate electors or decertify the elections of certain states. 

I have not seen any of the people you listed publicly stating they wanted overthrow the election.  I believe some of these people wanted to legally challenge election, like Ted Cruz, but not to illegally overthrow the election.

all the Republicans around him and across the country that wanted his plan to work. 

ALL, please try to keep it real.

and a lot of people in the GOP are working to ensure that next time it WILL work...that's the real danger.

I don’t believe this is true.

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Trumps ego was a little disturbing, and Im not sure he had no respect for the system, but I do think he definitely needed to be surrounded by people who know the system better than he did to keep him in check ....I would say that for most presidents ..Ehh...ok, Trump, maybe a little more so LOL.  ...As far as the 2020 election goes...When you look at it...Biden got more votes than any other president in American history LOL.... the mysterious spike in Biden votes in the middle of the night...A lot of questionable actions at many of the voting locations... Considering it all, Im not sure Im ready to say " Trump wanted to subvert  the constitution to stay in power" yet....I mean there was enough there to where it was not unreasonable to have a "not so fast" kinda moment to merit looking into what happened.   To think the election results were BS vrs wanting to subvert the constitution to retain power are two entirely different things.  ...But with Trumps Ego, I can definitely see how it may look and I understand the media and his political opponents seeing a good opportunity to skewer him with it.  I just think if you reasonably consider how everything unfolded, I think Trump wasnt so much of a villian,...He just went all in on what seemed to him, as well as many others at the start, as a possible  rigged election and got it wrong.

There was no mysterious spike. States counted absentee ballots after precinct votes were tabulated.  Due to Covid, there were large numbers of people voting absentee.  You can believe anything you want, but to ignore facts that are being presented by both Republicans and Democrats that show conclusively that those theories of voter fraud lacked any substance is nothing more than choosing to believe in fantasy over facts.

The man was the President of the United States of America.  He was told over and over and over and over that the claims being made by Giuliani and others were BS.  His own Attorney General testified that he chose to resign due to Trump's unwillingness to acknowledge facts.  Barr noted that he could not work for a man that was detached from reality. 

They went to the lengths of forming groups of replacement electors to substitute for those electors legally put forth by the states they lost and needed to win.  The men who wrote the constitution would have seen these actions as treason.  Instead, some today just smile and say that Trump was confused somehow.  That is bizarre.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thank God those people were not swayed.  However, to so easily dismiss the conspiracy and coercion is to effectively destroy the foundation of our country.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The people he conspired with couldn't pull it off due to the actions of Americans that value country over party loyalty.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Thank God those people were not swayed.  However, to so easily dismiss the conspiracy and coercion is to effectively destroy the foundation of our country.

What conspiracy?  Trump and his inner circle is the only powerful people that believed his nonsense.  Cheney believes Trump hand a 7 part plan to overthrow the election.  Really??!!!  Trump shoots from the hip and if one thing doesn’t work, some other idea show up.

We rely on good people to run this country, let’s celebrate that.  If they can prove Trump conspired, throw him in jail.  If you believe a legal case has been made against Trump, remember no defense has been permitted.  A court of law is a different animal that this committee.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

What conspiracy?  Trump and his inner circle is the only powerful people that believed his nonsense.  Cheney believes Trump hand a 7 part plan to overthrow the election.  Really??!!!  Trump shoots from the hip and if one thing doesn’t work, some other idea show up.

We rely on good people to run this country, let’s celebrate that.  If they can prove Trump conspired, throw him in jail.  If you believe a legal case has been made against Trump, remember no defense has been permitted.  A court of law is a different animal that this committee.

That may come to pass.  Have you watched any of the hearings?