Anyone who would still vote for Trump

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That may come to pass.  Have you watched any of the hearings?

I have seen some of the clips.  It doesn’t seem to be showing anything that is new.  They haven’t connected any dots from Trump to the rioters, but I’m sure Adam Schiff is just waiting for the right moment to spring it on the public.

If you can convict him, please have at it.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It doesn’t sound good at all, but the good thing is the good people did not join in his delusion.  He had no influential people, other than his inner circle, that believed his version of the election.

He does now.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have seen some of the clips.  It doesn’t seem to be showing anything that is new.  They haven’t connected any dots from Trump to the rioters, but I’m sure Adam Schiff is just waiting for the right moment to spring it on the public.

Those paying attention are seeing new stuff. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

What conspiracy?  Trump and his inner circle is the only powerful people that believed his nonsense.  Cheney believes Trump hand a 7 part plan to overthrow the election.  Really??!!!  Trump shoots from the hip and if one thing doesn’t work, some other idea show up.

We rely on good people to run this country, let’s celebrate that.  If they can prove Trump conspired, throw him in jail.  If you believe a legal case has been made against Trump, remember no defense has been permitted.  A court of law is a different animal that this committee.

147 Republican members of congress objected to the certification.  The basis was pure fraud.  Democracy was, and still is, in peril.

The good people/bad people ratio is dangerously narrow.

But here is the problem IMHO,,,  people do not run this country.   Principles do not run our country.  Greed, blind ambition, economic power run our country.  The system itself isn't broken.  We just removed the guardrails that protected it.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

147 Republican members of congress objected to the certification.  The basis was pure fraud.  Democracy was, and still is, in peril.

This is true, but there were Democrats doing the same thing in the 2016 election.  It must be legal to do that whether the premise is untrue or not.

The rest of your statement I don’t totally agree with, but we do have a tendency to enact laws that may or may not be in alignment with the Constitution and then wait until it reaches the SCOTUS to determine if it is in fact constitutional.  I don’t think that is how it is suppose to work.

47 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Those paying attention are seeing new stuff. 

Of course they are.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Election deniers are being elected in key positions across the country.

Are you equating a Trump endorsement with these *election deniers*?

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is true, but there were Democrats doing the same thing in the 2016 election.  It must be legal to do that whether the premise is untrue or not.

The rest of your statement I don’t totally agree with, but we do have a tendency to enact laws that may or may not be in alignment with the Constitution and then wait until it reaches the SCOTUS to determine if it is in fact constitutional.  I don’t think that is how it is suppose to work.

A few did.  To his credit, VP Biden, presiding over the proceedings said to them, "there is no debate here, it is over".

There was no effort to overturn the election.  NONE.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

11 Democrats objected to the certification of the 2016 Election. And these were all house members who couldn't even find a Senate Democrat willing to sign on to their objections for a congressional vote.  

147 Republican's objected to the certification of the 2020 election.

And you're justification is exactly what Trumps plan was. If he can find enough votes to not have the election certified then it must be legal. Who's gonna stop him? 

Certainly wouldn't be the Republican Supreme Court led by Clarence Thomas and his Qanon MAGA wife. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

11 Democrats objected to the certification of the 2016 Election. And these were all house members who couldn't even find a Senate Democrat willing to sign on to their objections for a congressional vote.  

147 Republican's objected to the certification of the 2020 election.

So, they were within their rights.  You obviously didn’t agree with them, but it was their right.  As the day unfolded those objections disappeared.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you equating a Trump endorsement with these *election deniers*?

Try to follow what I actually say.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Try to follow what I actually say.

Ok, then what’s your proof they are *election deniers*?

• Haha 1

Donald Trump to the Deputy AG: “Just say the election is corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen.”

Does that sound familiar to anyone other than myself?

Donald Trump to Ukraine's President: "Go to a microphone and announce an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden and we will do the rest."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did he do something illegal?  If he did, yes.  If he didn’t and the legal system tries to convict him and loses again, it will embolden him and his followers.  Is this the strategy? 

No, the "strategy" is to determine the crimes he committed then hold him accountable.

And yes, it's clear to me that he is guilty of sedition.  And it's hard for me to believe that a credible argument can be made that he is not.

Regardless, you are correct in your description of the dilemma Trump has brought our country to regarding being successful - or not - in proving it. 

Who would have ever thought such a POS huckster was capable of bringing our democracy down? 

We apparently have a lot of crazy cultists who are also prepared to commit sedition against our country.  My only hope is that they are far from a majority.  If they assume power, it will be as a minority.  And it will likely be violent.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

QFT.

Are you serious?  You don't seem to be very well informed as to what has been testified to in these hearings.

Perhaps you should expand your observation beyond a few clips from partisan sources.

That's embarrassing.  Or it will be when you get fully informed.

Three Wise Monkeys | ClipArt ETC

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

QFT.

Are you serious?  You don't seem to be very well informed as to what has been testified to in this hearings.

Perhaps you should expand your observation beyond a few clips from partisan sources.

If this *committee* presented both sides of the story it would be must watch TV.  It is as partisan as it can possibly be.  I will watch the trial, if there is one.

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The people he *conspired* with (asked to find votes, etc.) didn’t do it.  There wasn’t a vote changed, all the electorates voted the way they were suppose to.  In the end Trump couldn’t convince good people to do bad things.  End of story.

Conservatives need to move forward and in 2 and 1/2 years I believe we will.

If you think that's "End of Story", then you really haven't been paying attention.

I can't figure out your thinking:

On the one hand you  don't seem to think Trump has done anything that he should - or could - be held responsible for, then you turn around and imply (above) that conservatives need to move forward and by 2024 you believe "we" will.

Those two positions cannot co-exist in the same reality.

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

QFT.

Are you serious?  You don't seem to be very well informed as to what has been testified to in this hearings.

using his secret decoder ring it means he just does not care. i warned everyone about trump and he got worse and worse and worse. now i am right not one single person has stepped up and apologized not one. you guys on the right are waiting for it to go away but most of you wish he was back for a few dollars and damn the country. why is it hard for you repubs to admit when you are wrong and have been had? even those claiming to be christian. it is not too late for me to forgive you guys..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Remember 2016?

did they hire minions to go to several states and try and get them to change legal votes to win the election? see the difference? no you do not. salty seems to be the only person in here to admit what is happening somewhat. now you guys are deflecting.................

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If this *committee* presented both sides of the story it would be must watch TV.  It is as partisan as it can possibly be.  I will watch the trial, if there is one.

They are presenting facts not "sides of a story". :rolleyes:

And those facts are being presented by Republicans who were there and corroborating each other's accounts.

And any trial will based on these exact same facts.

It is not partisan, except in your own mind.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

using his secret decoder ring it means he just does not care. i warned everyone about trump and he got worse and worse and worse. now i am right not one single person has stepped up and apologized not one. you guys on the right are waiting for it to go away but most of you wish he was back for a few dollars and damn the country. why is it hard for you repubs to admit when you are wrong and have been had? even those claiming to be christian. it is not too late for me to forgive you guys..........

It is not uncommon for people to double down as a result of actually understanding they've been duped.  It's a psychological thing.

It's also why many of them become violent as a result. 

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Remember 2016?

"Here’s ten minutes of every prominent Democrat denying Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016."

That is a lie.  Why lead with a lie?