2022 College World Series

Might as well make a thread since the Auburn Tigers will be in Omaha! WDE. Job ain’t done yet. 

I think I will be there Saturday. Anyone else going? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Might as well make a thread since the Auburn Tigers will be in Omaha! WDE. Job ain’t done yet. 

I think I will be there Saturday. Anyone else going? 

Will be there in spirit! Hold it down for us!

War Eagle!!!

10 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Any idea what time we play on Friday?

We don't play Friday. First game will be against Ole Miss on Saturday at 6 PM Central.

• Thanks 2

That was generous of them since we were the last game decided. 

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That was generous of them since we were the last game decided. 

Yeah....we have gotten very few breaks along the road to Omaha. We even have a decent start time. The real test will be if the game starts out on espn news.

• Haha 1

This will be tough with half the field knowing you well. The way I see it, redemption tour. Payback time.  Win the whole darn thing.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woodford said:

Any idea of how to get tickets from the school or is through CWS?

Usually through the CWS. Opening weekend is probably already sold out (usually sells out in advance).  Went in 2016 and had to buy mine in February to get them through the NCAA.  Best bet is secondary sites like Stub Hub.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Usually through the CWS. Opening weekend is probably already sold out (usually sells out in advance).  Went in 2016 and had to buy mine in February to get them through the NCAA.  Best bet is secondary sites like Stub Hub.

Thanks we got them! I’m so pumped. Still pretty surreal. We played good this year but I had my doubts. Glad they proved me wrong. 

I hope we last longer than 2019. 

Anyone else going?

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Finally ....cheerleaders

Very unusual for baseball. Even more unusual for golf.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Very unusual for baseball. Even more unusual for golf.

We had our own cheerleaders you know chicks love long drivers

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We had our own cheerleaders you know chicks love long drivers

Hey, this is a family site.  :poke:

• Thanks 1

Any word on who is starting on Saturday? Sticking with Trace to open or going with Gonzalez?

7 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Any word on who is starting on Saturday? Sticking with Trace to open or going with Gonzalez?

Likely Gonzo because he didn't pitch against Ole Miss and it's the first time they'll see him.

40 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'll be more interested to see if Bright even starts the 3rd game this weekend. With the way Bright and Sheehan have been pitching the last couple of weeks, I might rather see Sheehan get the nod. Especially if it's an elimination game.

Edited by tgrogan21

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll be more interested to see if Bright even starts the 3rd game this weekend. With the way Bright and Sheehan have been pitching the last couple of weeks, I might rather see Sheehan get the nod. Especially if it's an elimination game.

Don't assume we get a 3rd game.

• Thanks 1

To expand further in the last 13.1 innings, Sheehan has given up 1 run and 5 hits.

Bright has given up 15 runs in the past 14.1 innings while giving up 20 hits.

Going back even further, ever since Sheehan got roughed up at Texas A&M on 3/27, he's made 9 appearances, pitched 18 innings and only given up 5 ERs. And a couple of those games he's faced stiff competition. He went 2 scoreless against TN and 3.1 scoreless against Oregon State.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Don't assume we get a 3rd game.

I'm not, just saying if we get a 3rd game, I wouldn't put my trust in Bright. Sheehan has come on strong at the end of the season. Might have just taken him longer than expected to get in form after Tommy john surgery.

• Like 1