2022 College World Series

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm not, just saying if we get a 3rd game, I wouldn't put my trust in Bright. Sheehan has come on strong at the end of the season. Might have just taken him longer than expected to get in form after Tommy john surgery.

That's a good point. I won't be surprised to see Butch stay with Trace, but Sheehan has been good to round out the year. Hope we get a third game to find out!

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

That's a good point. I won't be surprised to see Butch stay with Trace, but Sheehan has been good to round out the year. Hope we get a third game to find out!

May have a quicker hook on trace with Sheehan coming out of the pen.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I doubt the rotation will change since Bright has been the starter for so long. I would just rather go with the hot arms and Sheehan has been one of the best out of the bullpen.

2 hours ago, Chrisporter4 said:

Going to bee 100 degrees Sunday and Monday in Omaha. Record high temperatures through the weekend. 

Two season in Omaha Winter/Summer...god I hated the cold while I lived there

On 6/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, warbiscuit said:

I’m glad it didn’t take us 22 years to return back to Omaha again.

Get used to this.  I know you're on it, but for those that aren't aware, Butch is the man....

When will they learn to stop underestimating us! The only team to not get one pick. :angry:

Edit: Should say Auburn was the only team not picked to win a bracket.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

When will they learn to stop underestimating us! The only team to not get one pick. :angry:

Wow

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

9oGQ.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Ouch, I guess I can kind of see their reasoning since we have only won a single game, total, in the CWS since 1967. Let's prove to them we are for real! WAR EAGLE!

• Like 1

They are the only SEC team on that side of bracket and the first to be there.  Then lose to OU. C mon Aggies. 

Well, the #5 aTm and the #9 Texas go down on Day 1. One of them will be gone for sure after Sunday's elimination game.

I will be pulling for Oklahoma in the winner's bracket. Irish seem like a very tough out

10 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I will be pulling for Oklahoma in the winner's bracket. Irish seem like a very tough out

I'll be pulling for the Irish unless/until they play Auburn. Their whuppin' of Tennessee in Knoxville made me a fan.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Pumped to be in Omaha. WDE!!!

Been looking so forward to today. Hot in Auburn this morning but small breeze at least and it is welcome. Great morning until Mrs Salty mentioned lawn service missed edging and that we do own an edger.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Well, the #5 aTm and the #9 Texas go down on Day 1. One of them will be gone for sure after Sunday's elimination game.

Also I think the loser of the 1-0 games moves to the other bracket to continue in the elimination bracket I believe. So if ND loses then we will have to play them sooner.  At least that's how they used to do it. 

57 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Also I think the loser of the 1-0 games moves to the other bracket to continue in the elimination bracket I believe. So if ND loses then we will have to play them sooner.  At least that's how they used to do it. 

Nope. 

Treat these as two different 4 team regionals.  Each bracket stays within itself.  Winner of each bracket moves on to the championship series, which is like another Super Regional.

Only teams we need to concern ourselves with are Stanford, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Edited by Brad_ATX

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope. 

Treat these as two different 4 team regionals.  Each bracket stays within itself.  Winner of each bracket moves on to the championship series, which is like another Super Regional.

Only teams we need to concern ourselves with are Stanford, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Is it softball they do that then?  They used to do it somewhere I'm almost certain.  If not, I think they should do it. Keeps it fresh and the teams from having to face each other again until finals. 

Edited by AUBwins

On 6/16/2022 at 12:49 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Don't assume we NEED a 3rd game.

FIFY - LOL. 

War Damn Eagle!!