2022 College World Series

38 minutes ago, GoAU said:

FIFY - LOL. 

War Damn Eagle!!

We have to play in at least 3 games to have a shot at advancing. 3 wins gets us in. This is the double elimination round.

Next weekend is the best 2 of 3 series.

Edited by tgrogan21

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Is it softball they do that then?  They used to do it somewhere I'm almost certain.  If not, I think they should do it. Keeps it fresh and the teams from having to face each other again until finals. 

Both tournaments work the same way now.  They used to flip brackets, but ended it when the tournament expanded to 64 teams.

I like it the way it is.  Keeps everyone on a level playing field.  For example, if we had to play ND next, they would have an extra day of rest.  Current set up has each side of the bracket playing on opposite days for the first few games.  Makes it fairer and easier to follow.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We have to play in at least 3 games to have a shot at advancing. 3 wins gets us in. This is the double elimination round.

Next weekend is the best 2 of 3 series.

Shows my baseball ignorance- I thought it was 2 or 3 in the first round.  

Main thing is get in the winners bracket tonight.  You don’t want to have your backs to the wall the rest of the series.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Main thing is get in the winners bracket tonight.  You don’t want to have your backs to the wall the rest of the series.  

Need for Stanford to get a few baserunners at some point....Arky hasn't even had to think about going to the bullpen yet

The Cardinal is cooked, 9-1 and they are on their 4th pitcher having thrown 160 pitches total and still in the 7th

If this holds, the #2, #5, and #9 will have all lost their first game during the CWS. A top 16 seed has not won a game...yet

#WDE

Edited by BigBlueWDE

32 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Need for Stanford to get a few baserunners at some point....Arky hasn't even had to think about going to the bullpen yet

Arkansas scares me. I think they will be in the championship series.....

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Arkansas scares me. I think they will be in the championship series.....

Well that means we won't be then

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Both tournaments work the same way now.  They used to flip brackets, but ended it when the tournament expanded to 64 teams.

I like it the way it is.  Keeps everyone on a level playing field.  For example, if we had to play ND next, they would have an extra day of rest.  Current set up has each side of the bracket playing on opposite days for the first few games.  Makes it fairer and easier to follow.

Oh OK.  That makes sense about the rest. 

Omaha was so damn fun. Cannot recommend it enough to any sports fans but especially baseball. I hope to go back next year or the next even if Auburn doesn't make it. Omaha is a cool town. Capitol District and The Old Market were a lot of fun. M's was good restaurant and Mr. Toad was such a cool old British/Irish(?) pub. 

It's a shame we couldn't get the bats going last Saturday but the atmosphere was awesome. Wish more Auburn fans made the journey. It looked like Ole MIss out numbered us 3:1 but baseball is way bigger for them and I get it. 

Was telling my buddy that Auburn is ripe for being a top level baseball program. I know football is #1 and basketball has been hot but baseball could be our most consistent and best sport. I really hope we keep this up and become a powerhouse. It would be great to go to Omaha and win titles!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 6/24/2022 at 6:35 AM, woodford said:

Omaha was so damn fun. Cannot recommend it enough to any sports fans but especially baseball. I hope to go back next year or the next even if Auburn doesn't make it. Omaha is a cool town. Capitol District and The Old Market were a lot of fun. M's was good restaurant and Mr. Toad was such a cool old British/Irish(?) pub. 

It's a shame we couldn't get the bats going last Saturday but the atmosphere was awesome. Wish more Auburn fans made the journey. It looked like Ole MIss out numbered us 3:1 but baseball is way bigger for them and I get it. 

Was telling my buddy that Auburn is ripe for being a top level baseball program. I know football is #1 and basketball has been hot but baseball could be our most consistent and best sport. I really hope we keep this up and become a powerhouse. It would be great to go to Omaha and win titles!

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to put that on my bucket list.  

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ole Miss won it all damn their pitching staff was unreal. OU did a little choke job today with two wide pitches

Kudos to them.  That is their first national championship in any sportI believe. Congrats. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2