Thought for the day...

DKW 86

Can you remember *any* white people we've ever bombed?

The Germans! Those are the only ones, and that's only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world. bull****, Thats our ******* Job!!!

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

here is one i want to show up on all my posts and remove the pot joke. Anger is sadness that had no place to go for a very long time.

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The Germans! Those are the only ones, and that's only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world. bull****, Thats our ******* Job!!!

Typical revisionist history.  IIRC the United States were drawn into the fight by the Japanese, otherwise we were trying to remain neutral.  Do you doubt the Germans were trying to dominate the world?  What do you think would have happened if the U.S. would have remained neutral?

The U.S. became the world’s police because of WWII, not beforehand.  We might have been over zealous in our reactions, but come on, the actions were needed.

We need to teach history with more detail and context.  The idea that we are all good or, all bad is foolish. 

Our country has done much more good in the world than bad.  However, we have done a great deal of damage to others.  Unfortunately, the sanitized, romanticized history we teach excludes most of our errors and therefore, dooms us to repeat those mistakes. 

Most of the world considers our country to be the greatest threat to world peace.  There are reasons.  We can and should do better.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

We need to teach history with more detail and context.  The idea that we are all good or, all bad is foolish. 

Our country has done much more good in the world than bad.  However, we have done a great deal of damage to others.  Unfortunately, the sanitized, romanticized history we teach excludes most of our errors and therefore, dooms us to repeat those mistakes. 

Most of the world considers our country to be the greatest threat to world peace.  There are reasons.  We can and should do better.

At what point in teaching our children do you think we should *teach* the great deal of damage to the world?  Should it be like transing the kids and start it in K-3?  Is it bad to teach children to have pride in the country they have been blessed to live in?  At sone point introducing how some of our decisions have turned out to be harmful.

Anybody that will be making future decisions about America’s actions should be aware of these mistakes.  Your statement about America is considered to be the greatest threat to world peace is hyperbole at best.  I will agree this administration has chipped away at America’s standing in the view of the world.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

At what point in teaching our children do you think we should *teach* the great deal of damage to the world?  Should it be like transing the kids and start it in K-3?  Is it bad to teach children to have pride in the country they have been blessed to live in?  At s

I am sorry, I cannot take this seriously.  It is purely ignorant.  I am truly sorry.  Truly.

Currently, this is not the greatest place to be born into this world.  Everyday, that becomes more apparent.  That fact has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality or, sexual identity.  There are no teachers encouraging children to adopt a new gender or sexuality.  Teachers are merely trying to encourage enough acceptance to stop the bullying.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am sorry, I cannot take this seriously.  It is purely ignorant.  I am truly sorry.  Truly.

Currently, this is not the greatest place to be born into this world.  Everyday, that becomes more apparent.  That fact has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality or, sexual identity.  There are no teachers encouraging children to adopt a new gender or sexuality.  Teachers are merely trying to encourage enough acceptance to stop the bullying.

What country is the greatest place to be born now? 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Don’t dodge the question….

I am not.  I sincerely need to know what you value in order to answer the question for you.  For you, perhaps this is the best place.  What do you value?

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I am not.  I sincerely need to know what you value in order to answer the question for you.  For you, perhaps this is the best place.  What do you value?

I’m asking what country is the greatest for you….

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

News flash; a teacher can encourage acceptance to stop bullying WITHOUT mentioning gender studies.  You have bought into Biden’s EO’s on his first day in office to stop bullying by teaching gender identity. 

Yesterday Biden said the quiet part out loud:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden issued an executive order Wednesday to stymie what what his administration calls discriminatory legislative attacks on the LGBTQ community by Republican-controlled states, declaring before a signing ceremony packed with activists, “pride is back at the White House.” 

The order seeks to discourage “conversion therapy” — a discredited practice that aims to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity — while also promoting gender-affirming surgery and expanding foster care protections for gay and transgender parents and children.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-congress-government-and-politics-gender-identity-82982ffff0c91415e29f1bb08a5c2f8c?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

It is obvious this DEI administration has an agenda and the reason we see this administration try to validate their lifestyle by pushing it on the US citizens.  The fact they are using the term *conversion therapy* congers up shock treatment to convince a girl is a girl and a boy is a boy.  They have gone mad with power.

Now answer the question as to when we should teach our children how our country isn’t the best in the world.

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I’m asking what country is the greatest for you….

I would have to give that some thought in order to pick one which I believe is ideal.  However, I think there are many that offer greater opportunity, tranquility, level of happiness.  If you look at our rankings in terms of factors that relate to the human condition, we are not at the top.  We could/should be.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Now answer the question as to when we should teach our children how our country isn’t the best in the world.

I never said we should teach that as a concept.  I said, we should teach history honestly.  We should be proud but,,, honest in our errors.

25 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Currently, this is not the greatest place to be born into this world.

It seems you are certain America is not the greatest place to be born, and then you say:

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I would have to give that some thought in order to pick one which I believe is ideal. 

Then, why would you have to think about which one would be ideal?

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I never said we should teach that as a concept.  I said, we should teach history honestly.  We should be proud but,,, honest in our errors.

What a dodge you are.  Do you have any convictions for your thoughts?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical revisionist history.  IIRC the United States were drawn into the fight by the Japanese, otherwise we were trying to remain neutral.  Do you doubt the Germans were trying to dominate the world?  What do you think would have happened if the U.S. would have remained neutral?

The U.S. became the world’s police because of WWII, not beforehand.  We might have been over zealous in our reactions, but come on, the actions were needed.

i spent a year in germany as an army brat in late 68 and most of 69. not all but i can tell you the germans hated americans for the most part. i saw it first hand. and what about ww1? we saved their asses in that was and it was the bloodiest in world history if i remember correct. my grand father fought in both wars.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i spent a year in germany as an army brat in late 68 and most of 69. not all but i can tell you the germans hated americans for the most part. i saw it first hand. and what about ww1? we saved their asses in that was and it was the bloodiest in world history if i remember correct. my grand father fought in both wars.

Good for your families history of defending freedom.  WWI was probably the reason we didn’t join in WWII until forced, which indicates we were not the over bearing bully the OP indicates.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

i agreee with ichy even thought he ignored my message to him. what about nam and then iraq? what about the others we helped destroy? what about the indian wars? you here about the horrible trail of tears but did you know the women were raped repeatedly? well many. we have massacred men and women in the indian wars. we shot them down like dogs. america needs to admit when we are wrong and quit waving the flag while we brush stuff under the rug. is that what you are looking for or did i senile it again?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We are trained...not educated. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The Spanish and the British (1812) took it on soil they tried to control. The Italians.......It does go back a ways......

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i agreee with ichy even thought he ignored my message to him. what about nam and then iraq? what about the others we helped destroy? what about the indian wars? you here about the horrible trail of tears but did you know the women were raped repeatedly? well many. we have massacred men and women in the indian wars. we shot them down like dogs. america needs to admit when we are wrong and quit waving the flag while we brush stuff under the rug. is that what you are looking for or did i senile it again?

This OP specifically asked “have we bombed any white people.  I was addressing that.  Has America been responsible for atrocities?  Ok course they have, I am not denying that.  

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We are trained...not educated. 

When are we capable of distinguishing between being trained and being educated in our school system?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

When are we capable of distinguishing between being trained and being educated in our school system?

Ask Ichy....he's the intellectual one. :)

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Ask Ichy....he's the intellectual one. :)

I have and she dodges as per her usual arrangement.