Thought for the day...

DKW 86

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Can you remember *any* white people we've ever bombed?

The Germans! Those are the only ones, and that's only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world. bull****, Thats our ******* Job!!!

It is not about race or even democracy or, freedom.  Post WWII foreign policy has been driven most often by capitalism, the greed of capitalists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good for your families history of defending freedom.  WWI was probably the reason we didn’t join in WWII until forced, which indicates we were not the over bearing bully the OP indicates.

my old man served in korea. i spent close to four years in the pentagon...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Ask Ichy....he's the intellectual one. :)

am i gonna have to come whup you with my purse?   lol

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This OP specifically asked “have we bombed any white people.  I was addressing that.  Has America been responsible for atrocities?  Ok course they have, I am not denying that.  

bosnia altho they deserved it in my opinion.that would be bombing and no atrocities.............wanted to clarify that.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical revisionist history.  IIRC the United States were drawn into the fight by the Japanese, otherwise we were trying to remain neutral.  Do you doubt the Germans were trying to dominate the world?  What do you think would have happened if the U.S. would have remained neutral?

The U.S. became the world’s police because of WWII, not beforehand.  We might have been over zealous in our reactions, but come on, the actions were needed.

Funny we don’t seem to get into wars with the white folks since WWII tho. 

Edited by DKW 86

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical revisionist history.  IIRC the United States were drawn into the fight by the Japanese, otherwise we were trying to remain neutral.

We pretty much already had our thumb on the scales what with lend-lease and heavy embargoes. Lend-lease was a major reason Russia managed to halt Germany's attempt at invasion.

Japan's ability to wage meaningful war was also seriously hindered by oil shortages due to the ongoing embargo. They needed southeast Asian resources, and thought attacking the territories of our allies would mean war with us. They tried a sucker punch to knock out the pacific fleet and buy time.

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Funny we don’t seem to get into wars with the white fold since WWII tho. 

We've come close. 

The most important geopolitical conflict if the latter half of the 20th Century pretty much only avoided becoming hot war due to the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

am i gonna have to come whup you with my purse?   lol

LMAO! 

bosnia altho they deserved it in my opinion.that would be bombing and no atrocities.............wanted to clarify that.

Yes they did (deserved).....still fresh on my mind sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

It is not about race or even democracy or, freedom.  Post WWII foreign policy has been driven most often by capitalism, the greed of capitalists.

Curious....what is your preferred economy/government? 

Not saying racism may not play a role, especially given some of our propaganda during ww2 and studies showing increased support among Americans with regard to war against perceived "backward" countries, but there's a fallacy in play here. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Not saying racism may not play a role, especially given some of our propaganda during ww2 and studies showing increased support among Americans with regard to war against perceived "backward" countries, but there's a fallacy in play here. 

That form a racism wasn't about the actions themselves but, to ensure public support.  I assume that is what you are saying?

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Funny we don’t seem to get into wars with the white folks since WWII tho. 

What white folks have threatened our way of life since WWII? We are in a proxy war with Russia as we speak.  How that will end up is anybody’s guess.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

We pretty much already had our thumb on the scales what with lend-lease and heavy embargoes. Lend-lease was a major reason Russia managed to halt Germany's attempt at invasion.

Japan's ability to wage meaningful war was also seriously hindered by oil shortages due to the ongoing embargo. They needed southeast Asian resources, and thought attacking the territories of our allies would mean war with us. They tried a sucker punch to knock out the pacific fleet and buy time.

I agree with this, but it remains we were not engaged until Japan struck and we were left flat footed as a war machine during 1942.  We had our thumbs on the scale, but no serious thoughts of war.

I agree with this, but it remains we were not engaged until Japan struck and we were left flat footed as a war machine during 1942.  We had our thumbs on the scale, but no serious thoughts of war.

We had started to build up following their occupation of French and Dutch Indochina.

Now would we have gone to war over Japanese seizure of the assets of our allies? The answer to that is likely no, FDR's assurances to Churchill aside. The popular will wasn't there. We were still strongly isolationist. War was still likely inevitable though, and the Japanese certainly thought as much.

The Japanese miscalculated, believing their own propaganda. Our women were whores and our men were directionless gangsters. They thought we'd curl up into a ball if they punched us in the face. Isoroku Yamamoto actually knew better. He'd been an attaché here.

Their vicious sneak attack had the opposite effect of what they intended. All of the sudden our isolationist streak was broken and the American public wanted vengeance.

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

That form a racism wasn't about the actions themselves but, to ensure public support.  I assume that is what you are saying?

Correct 

...we were left flat footed as a war machine during 1942.  We had our thumbs on the scale, but no serious thoughts of war.

We were hardly flat footed. Midway, the turning point where we obliterated their carrier fleet, was pretty close to 6 months after Pearl Harbor, taking place in June of 1942. 

It's like Yamamoto said: "In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

When you sucker punch a country with 3x your population and 10 to 15x your industrial capacity, it had best be a good one. It wasn't. 

Edited by AUDub

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have and she dodges as per her usual arrangement.

why do you keep calling ichy she?

21 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I am not.  I sincerely need to know what you value in order to answer the question for you.  For you, perhaps this is the best place.  What do you value?

I’m asking what country is the greatest for you….

We started to slowly prep for war prior to Pearl Harbor. Keep in mind this was still unpopular because much of the US including prominent industrial folks did not want to get involved. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

why do you keep calling ichy she?

In her profile she indicates she will not tell her gender.  Just reading her replies she appears to be a woman.   If she will let me know her personal pronouns, I would gladly use those.  I am so woke.

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

In her profile she indicates she will not tell her gender.  Just reading her replies she appears to be a woman.   If she will let me know her personal pronouns, I would gladly use those.  I am so woke.

why would it matter? this is kind of odd.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why would it matter? this is kind of odd.

Well, you have referred to ICHY as he, why would you do that?  Does it matter?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, you have referred to ICHY as he, why would you do that?  Does it matter?

i just feel ichy is a guy and i have no reason other than a gut feeling. but to be honest i have paid no attention to the non gender thing.