Thought for the day...

DKW 86

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just feel ichy is a guy and i have no reason other than a gut feeling. but to be honest i have paid no attention to the non gender thing.

Same here on the gut feeling.  Gender is a big issue nowadays.  

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just feel ichy is a guy and i have no reason other than a gut feeling. but to be honest i have paid no attention to the non gender thing.

Regardless of what ICHY is bet it gets terribly lonely on that pedestal perched so high above us regular folks.😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

We started to slowly prep for war prior to Pearl Harbor. Keep in mind this was still unpopular because much of the US including prominent industrial folks did not want to get involved. 

No. 

In the 30s, congress had passed several neutrality laws.  Those laws were a direct repudiation of Woodrow Wilson's (a horrible person and president) desire to "spread democracy" throughout the world.

Our industrialists and bankers were of course violating many of these laws (unfortunately, on both sides).  Thankfully, so was the President, FDR, on the side of the Allies.  

Interestingly, there was little political fallout because leading Republicans supported the policy.  Opposition came from Amb. Joe Kennedy who was forced to resign.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree with this, but it remains we were not engaged until Japan struck and we were left flat footed as a war machine during 1942.  We had our thumbs on the scale, but no serious thoughts of war.

I guarantee you Roosevelt had serious thoughts of war.  He just couldn't openly prepare for it for political reasons.

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Regardless of what ICHY is bet it gets terribly lonely on that pedestal perched so high above us regular folks.😏

Awwwww   :comfort:

You're "extra regular" Salty.   ;D

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I guarantee you Roosevelt had serious thoughts of war.  He just couldn't openly prepare for it for political reasons.

He did. His main focus was on Europe, however. 

• Like 1

Can you remember *any* white people we've ever bombed?

Not to be picky, but define "we." Do you mean the U.S. Federal Government? Or some other group of "we"?

If you are referring to the U.S. Federal Government and U.S. military, I got news for you.

We bombed our own White citizens in the civil war.

Most Middle Eastern and North African citizens are considered Caucasian by scientists and by the U.S, Federal government. Yep, we bombed them in recent years.

Also, non-black Mexican and Latino are defined as White/Caucasian by the U.S. government (look at all your federal/state forms), and we bombed them (not from airplanes, but with planted bombs).

We bombed Brits in the Revolutionary War. We bombed Brits and Spanish military during the War of 1812.

I may have missed some.

So when you ask "ever," my answer is YES!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1