Jump to content
Null

the outdoor amphitheater on campus?


Recommended Posts





2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Anyone know if the old outdoor amphitheater  on campus is  still around? Cant find much info online. 

if you are talking bout the one between the Theatre/Performing Arts Building and Architect Building (still can't believe I was accepted into the foundation program for architecture majors... I dropped that so fast to be pre-law, holy PTSD flashbacks batman), it was still there in 2016 when I had to play Macbeth for extra credit in an english lit class.

Just checked the satellite view on google maps and its still there, though not sure how recent that view was updated

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Didba said:

if you are talking bout the one between the Theatre/Performing Arts Building and Architect Building (still can't believe I was accepted into the foundation program for architecture majors... I dropped that so fast to be pre-law, holy PTSD flashbacks batman), it was still there in 2016 when I had to play Macbeth for extra credit in an english lit class.

Just checked the satellite view on google maps and its still there, though not sure how recent that view was updated

Thanks!!   I couldn't find it on Google Maps before,  because I could remember where it was.  Its been 35 years since I saw it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Thanks!!   I couldn't find it on Google Maps before,  because I could remember where it was.  Its been 35 years since I saw it.

Crazy as soon as I read your questions I could picture exactly where I was 95% sure it was even though I haven't stepped foot in Auburn since I left for Texas in 2016.  Albeit I spent a lot of time in that area of Campus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Anyone know if the old outdoor amphitheater  on campus is  still around? Cant find much info online. 

Still there and probably about to get a lot more use with the opening of the new classroom building that was built between the Ampitheatre  and where Allison used to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We used to have outdoor architecture classes there regularly in the late 90’s.  That was a great tailgate spot, too, back when you could drive on any patch of grass/sidewalk on campus.  They used to have some pretty decent concerts as well…I think Kenny Wayne Sheperd and maybe even the Black Crows played there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's no longer going to be called the Graves Amphitheatre in the future as there's some negative connotations with Mr. Graves past. I'm not sure what (if any) replacement has been attained. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...