If Christ had been packing sufficient heat

TexasTiger

"The Prince of Peace is back! But he's pissed off!"

• Haha 3

He should be much more authoritarian.

There are many Christians who have unfollowed Jesus in favor of the God of the Old Testament.  It is as though they cannot wait to see the wrath.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

There are many Christians who have unfollowed Jesus in favor of the God of the Old Testament.  It is as though they cannot wait to see the wrath.

I believe many Christians just haven't strived for the self reflections needed for spiritual maturity, possibly thinking hey "I'm saved and I'm going to heaven" nothing left to do. IMHO, if you are not hearing from Holy Spirit regularly, you may need to conduct a self-check on your salvation. Also, works are important, and what one is doing to improve the world and the church, through love and  being a living example of Christ, is key to the Christian Life. So, if one is not producing good by using their talents, then again a salvation self-check is needed.  

• Like 2

Many So-Called Christians, especially Southerners, dont have any real understanding of Christ. They know a Christian Nationalism that is just BS. Old Brother So & So told them some crap in church over the years that actually was never true. The level of fail is just so large here. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Jesus had weapons available to Him. He is all powerful. Jesus could have destroyed his enemies easily. He chose not to in order to fulfill His mission. Jesus did not have to die at the hands of the Pharisees, He chose death on the cross because God gave Him to atone for the sins of the world thus fulfilling prophesy. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, icanthearyou said:

there are certain sects of christians that believe the world is ending soon. they also keep saying the rapture is coming and have been that i know of since the early eighties. we are still here and people have not been called to heaven yet. this is also what a friend told me long ago is that some folks he went to church with said they could care less about climate control destroying earth because god will call everyone back home before then.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:10 PM, icanthearyou said:

There are many Christians who have unfollowed Jesus in favor of the God of the Old Testament.

How can this be true?  If you are Christian you believe in God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Sprit as one.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, AUDub said:

"The Prince of Peace is back! But he's pissed off!"

“And this time he’s  angry at more than the money changers.”

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Jesus had weapons available to Him. He is all powerful. Jesus could have destroyed his enemies easily. He chose not to in order to fulfill His mission. Jesus did not have to die at the hands of the Pharisees, He chose death on the cross because God gave Him to atone for the sins of the world thus fulfilling prophesy. 

Should we be Christ-like? Disavow the AR15?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Should we be Christ-like? Disavow the AR15?

Wouldn't say Christ disavowed his weapons during His time on earth. So no. He chose not to use them at that time. He did use His power numerous times just not to avoid His crucifixion. That logic seemed a little twisted btw.  But to each his own.

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Wouldn't say Christ disavowed his weapons during His time on earth. So no. He chose not to use them at that time. He did use His power numerous times just not to avoid His crucifixion. That logic seemed a little twisted btw.  But to each his own.

So you think Christ would be toting the AR15 outside of crucifixion?

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So the rest of us need AR15s?

That won’t help at the Pearly Gates in the Judgement Seat. They are useful here on earth. 

• Facepalm 1

It's the heat Christ is bringing the second time that should be the concern for some. The fact that he gave his life for those who refuse to accept and acknowledge Him as their Savior is heartbreaking. Eternity is unavoidable. It's our choice where we want to spend it. 

25 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

That won’t help at the Pearly Gates in the Judgement Seat. They are useful here on earth. 

How’d we ever get by without them during the supposed “good ‘ole days”?

17 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It's the heat Christ is bringing the second time that should be the concern for some. The fact that he gave his life for those who refuse to accept and acknowledge Him as their Savior is heartbreaking. Eternity is unavoidable. It's our choice where we want to spend it. 

That’s why it’s so sad to see so many folks following Trump straight to Hell.

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s why it’s so sad to see so many folks following Trump straight to Hell.

You don’t think following Biden and his gender fluid/abortion stance won’t send you straight to hell?  Do you sign on to that nonsense?  Or do you cull that out of you thought process when thinking about how wonderful Biden is?

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You don’t think following Biden and his gender fluid/abortion stance won’t send you straight to hell?  Do you sign on to that nonsense?  Or do you cull that out of you thought process when thinking about how wonderful Biden is?

When did I say Biden was wonderful? His best trait in the current climate is that he doesn’t see democracy as an annoyance to be done away with. I only see evangelical Christians actually doing a 180 from the teachings of the person they claim is their savior to follow an obviously Godless man straight to hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t think so but that is jmo

I’m with you brother. Got a few handguns and a rifle and hopefully I’ll be okay. 😉

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

When did I say Biden was wonderful? His best trait in the current climate is that he doesn’t see democracy as an annoyance to be done away with. I only see evangelical Christians actually doing a 180 from the teachings of the person they claim is their savior to follow an obviously Godless man straight to hell.

Can’t answer the questions I see.  The point isn’t if you think he is wonderful or not; it’s what’s the difference between following Trump straight to hell and following Biden straight to hell?  It’s obvious to me that Biden, who presents himself as a practicing Catholic, does not follow its doctrine and ,therefore, is no better than the Godless Trump.

Politics is not a religion.  You can vote for someone without worshiping that person or believing his/her entire agenda.  That point seems to confuse a lot of people.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can’t answer the questions I see.  The point isn’t if you think he is wonderful or not; it’s what’s the difference between following Trump straight to hell and following Biden straight to hell?  It’s obvious to me that Biden, who presents himself as a practicing Catholic, does not follow its doctrine and ,therefore, is no better than the Godless Trump.

Politics is not a religion.  You can vote for someone without worshiping that person or believing his/her entire agenda.  That point seems to confuse a lot of people.

Nobody’s following Biden with any religious fervor. Most folks readily see his limitations. If Trump supporters could truly see the depth of his limitations they wouldn’t even consider him. Instead, many seem to see him as a savior of sorts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2