If Christ had been packing sufficient heat

TexasTiger

On 6/19/2022 at 10:13 AM, jj3jordan said:

Jesus had weapons available to Him. He is all powerful. Jesus could have destroyed his enemies easily. He chose not to in order to fulfill His mission. Jesus did not have to die at the hands of the Pharisees, He chose death on the cross because God gave Him to atone for the sins of the world thus fulfilling prophesy. 

What did Jesus suffer for?  What was his motivation?

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can’t answer the questions I see.  The point isn’t if you think he is wonderful or not; it’s what’s the difference between following Trump straight to hell and following Biden straight to hell?  It’s obvious to me that Biden, who presents himself as a practicing Catholic, does not follow its doctrine and ,therefore, is no better than the Godless Trump.

Politics is not a religion.  You can vote for someone without worshiping that person or believing his/her entire agenda.  That point seems to confuse a lot of people.

Exactly follow the doctrine.  Follow the church, a leader, the bible, 4500 year old prophets, anything but the direct commandments of Jesus.  Be sure your personal relationship with Jesus does not conflict with the doctrine.  If it does, Jesus has to go.

Our doctrine is capitalism.  Our god is money.  We demonize the poor, the different, the immigrants in the effort to justify our defiance of Jesus.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nobody’s following Biden with any religious fervor. Most folks readily see his limitations. If Trump supporters could truly see the depth of his limitations they wouldn’t even consider him. Instead, many seem to see him as a savior of sorts.

Biden is not a leader, he is being manipulated by his DEI administration to guide this country down a questionable path.  This is why the 2022 midterms are going to be a blood bath for the Dems.  I think conservatives are hoping for new and younger blood to take over for 2024.  Trump was good in 2016 to break the liberal slide, but we need to move forward.in 2024.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly follow the doctrine.  Follow the church, a leader, the Bible, 4500 year old prophets, anything but the direct commandments of Jesus.  Be sure your personal relationship with Jesus does not conflict with the doctrine.  If it does, Jesus has to go.

I’m curious;  where do you find the direct commandment of Jesus?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

New Testament 

Isn’t the New Testament considered the Bible?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes, “Two Corinthians”, is a chapter in it. 

Let’s put this is context of what ICHY said.  She said “Follow the church, a leader, the Bible, 4500 year old prophets, anything but the direct commandments of Jesus.”  This indicates to me she gets the “direct commandments of Jesus” somewhere other than the items listed.  How do you read it?

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let’s put this is context of what ICHY said.  She said “Follow the church, a leader, the Bible, 4500 year old prophets, anything but the direct commandments of Jesus.”  This indicates to me she gets the “direct commandments of Jesus” somewhere other than the items listed.  How do you read it?

Yes, the commandments of Jesus are in the bible.  And yes, I do talk to Jesus. 

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes, the commandments of Jesus are in the bible.  And yes, I do talk to Jesus. 

Thanks for answering, I hope you can see where my question came from.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

What did Jesus suffer for?  What was his motivation?

Jesus suffered and died on the Cross to atone for the sins of the world. All you have to do is trust Jesus, repent (turn away from sin so yes you have to change), and live for Jesus. For an apparent Bible expert you missed the absolute prime directive so to speak.

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Jesus suffered and died on the Cross to atone for the sins of the world. All you have to do is trust Jesus, repent (turn away from sin so yes you have to change), and live for Jesus. For an apparent Bible expert you missed the absolute prime directive so to speak.

I believe he suffered for us, all of humanity.  His motivation was pure love.

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

What is the "prime directive"?  How do you live for Jesus?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I believe he suffered for us, all of humanity.  His motivation was pure love.

Even demoncrats & rinos?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Asking for a friend, do you think that people are ever sinless? My own reading of Christ's and Paul's Words are that we are sinful creatures that must work to become more like Christ. We sin every day and that is why we need to see the world the same way. Jesus is not concerned with gas burning trucks that pollute the air and degrade what he built here on Earth. He doesnt abide violent men. Jesus criticized violent men like Peter and undid his work. 

God ordained the Institution of Marriage and Government. He told us to 'render to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's."

Whatever government we have is ordained of God. God gave us Judges over Israel. The people Wanted a King. They got a King and soon spiraled down in power and grace and position. The people constantly rebel against whomever is in power. ALWAYS.