Pet Peeve #1

creed

People who don't know how to dispose of their trash in a way that respects the world we live. Example: Drive down a road and watching someone throw trash, flip a cigarette butt, water bottle, gum wrapper, etc. out their window. 

For whatever reason smokers must not see cigarette butts as litter. Most will dispose of a butt anywhere. Aluminum beer cans. Wait until you have had several and throw in one spot on roadside. Recyclers will stop and pick up multiple cans. 

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pet Peeve #2

Drivers easing down highway in thunderstorm with flashers on

Uh oh; I can tell you why I do it.  I wait until the rain is heavy enough that I can’t make out the tail lights of the car in front of me.  If I can’t make out the tail lights of that car, I know the car behind me can’t make out mine.  

If I’m driving in Auburn or other areas you frequent I will keep this in mind.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Uh oh; I can tell you why I do it.  I wait until the rain is heavy enough that I can’t make out the tail lights of the car in front of me.  If I can’t make out the tail lights of that car, I know the car behind me can’t make out mine.  

If I’m driving in Auburn or other areas you frequent I will keep this in mind.

Just noticing lots of drivers using flashers on a few trips lately during heavy rain. Maybe I am wrong but always understood flashers to used when vehicle is not moving ( pulled over on shoulder). BTW, have really been “snakebit” on I10 between Mobile and New Orleans last several trips. Always a huge delay of some sort and traffic terrible. Would advise anyone to stay away if possible, especially on Friday.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 12:45 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Just noticing lots of drivers using flashers on a few trips lately during heavy rain. Maybe I am wrong but always understood flashers to used when vehicle is not moving ( pulled over on shoulder). BTW, have really been “snakebit” on I10 between Mobile and New Orleans last several trips. Always a huge delay of some sort and traffic terrible. Would advise anyone to stay away if possible, especially on Friday.

I will do that if, because of said storm, I have to slow below 50 on the interstate.  That one is more or less about safety imo. They are called hazard lights after all. I do get annoyed with people going below 50 on interstate with no storm at all lol

Yeah, I haven't done it often, but I have driven through a couple of blinding thunderstorms on the interstate where I couldn't see much past my front bumper and didn't feel comfortable going much more than 40-50, so I put on my hazards until the rain let up.

Being a former parks department worker, I definitely feel pet peeve #1.  Picking up trash the morning after a Little League game definitely took a while.

Pet Peeve #3:

Going around people when a previously indicated merge is coming and then expecting folks to let your selfish ass back in when your lane ends.

13 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Pet Peeve #3:

Going around people when a previously indicated merge is coming and then expecting folks to let your selfish ass back in when your lane ends.

Second that one and infuriates Mrs. Salty. Can understand missing initial merge sign but once obvious get your end over.

Drivers staying in the right hand lane when and not moving over to allow vehicles to merge.  Even when there is no vehicles in the middle or left lane those drivers will white knuckle it and  and refuse to allow merging vehicles access.

Then there are those who are merging onto the interstate and seem to think that a YIELD sign means give up.

Men wearing flip flops with jeans just looks weird/dumb to me......let it be known I haven't worn jeans in years....nothing but shorts and t shirt or golf shirt for me

• Like 3

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Men wearing flip flops with jeans just looks weird/dumb to me......let it be known I haven't worn jeans in years....nothing but shorts and t shirt or golf shirt for me

I wear jeans and I wear flip flops.   But I don't wear jeans and flip flops together. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:45 AM, augolf1716 said:

Jeans and Florida weather are a horrible mix. Love the Florida dress code. Shorts to church on Sunday morning perfectly fine.

• Love 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:45 AM, augolf1716 said:

Not my number one by far but a long sleeve button down with shorts just looks silly to me. It's the mullet of fashion in my opinion... business on top, party on the bottom.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not my number one by far but a long sleeve button down with shorts just looks silly to me. It's the mullet of fashion in my opinion... business on top, party on the bottom.

Same here not my #1 but it is a peeve for me as well.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, SaltyTiger said:

For whatever reason smokers must not see cigarette butts as litter. Most will dispose of a butt anywhere. Aluminum beer cans. Wait until you have had several and throw in one spot on roadside. Recyclers will stop and pick up multiple cans. 

Not until the price of scrap goes up. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Soooo true. Of course there's the drive to want to pick them up as well but I agree 100% with you. 

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Just saying it because I actually stopped and picked bunch up the other day on drive to the lake. Threw them away properly…….not because I am a great guy, hoping one maybe unopened 😏

• Haha 1

All my peeves have to do with driving, and theres a 3 way tie for #1 pet peeve lol......

1. People turning left and rather than taking advantage of the median to merge when its available, they sit there for ever waiting for both lanes to clear.  Coming out of my neighborhood in the morning traffic is rough. The traffic lights are timed in a way where one lane is clear, the other one is not...then when the one lane finally clears, the other has a long line of vehicles going by...its an endless cycle and almost impossible to have both lanes clear, yet some will just sit there all morning long if they have to lol

2  People who wont use the passing lane properly and creates a rolling road block 5 to 10 mph under the speed limit causing a big aggregate cars and frustrated drivers...

3.  Sort of similar to 2, but ever have a driver in the next lane that matches your speed, and hangs around just off your bumper to where you would be unable to change lanes if needed? ...I often wonder how many major accidents happen when people do that....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just saying it because I actually stopped and picked bunch up the other day on drive to the lake. Threw them away properly…….not because I am a great guy, hoping one maybe unopened 😏

No more beer money from Mrs. Salty?   Without her,,, what would become of you?

55 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Soooo true. Of course there's the drive to want to pick them up as well but I agree 100% with you. 

Out here in the country, beer cans by the road are a leading economic indicator.  I wonder if the Fed uses that one?

• Haha 2

On 6/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, gr82be said:

Get what you are saying. The traditional oxford with shirttail out and sleeves rolled up plus shorts is standard Sunday morning dress for a couple of guys I know on the coast. Shouts nerd to me.

Columbia fishing shirts are acceptable imo.

• Like 1

People that hold up a checkout line at the store arguing over a price.(Amazon has no lines…)

Followed closely by people that tailgate (not the football kind).

Edited by Tiger Refuge

Dudes wearing dress shoes with no socks

People who drink hazy IPA's

Coffee snobs

(those all may in fact be the same people)

Folks too lazy to put the shopping cart back in the corral and just leave it by their car in the parking lot or on the median.

Anyone who disagrees with me. I mean, they're just plain wrong.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Dudes wearing dress shoes with no socks

People who drink hazy IPA's

Coffee snobs

(those all may in fact be the same people)

Folks too lazy to put the shopping cart back in the corral and just leave it by their car in the parking lot or on the median.

Anyone who disagrees with me. I mean, they're just plain wrong.

There's a local brewing company here that makes a pretty good hazy IPA (Sittin' Sidehaze), so I'll respectfully disagree on that one, and get a 2-fer on the pet peeve violation meter. 😁

The shopping cart one also makes me crazy, but that's also me remembering my 17-year-old self going on cart runs at Greer's.

Oh, will add this one*: Hot dogs? Packs of 10. Buns? Packs of 8. Get it together, y'all!

* I don't eat hot dogs often, but this one has always mystified me.

Edited by SLAG-91
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Oh, will add this one*: Hot dogs? Packs of 10. Buns? Packs of 8. Get it together, y'all!

* I don't eat hot dogs often, but this one has always mystified me.

Agree