Pet Peeve #1

creed

15 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

I don't eat hot dogs often, but this one has always mystified me.

Involved in some work at a hot dog manufacturing facility years ago and got to tour it. I now consider all hotdogs catfish bait.

Did a cookie plant addition also. Amazed at the amount of lard in cookies. Still love chocolate chip cookies though.

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Involved in some work at a hot dog manufacturing facility years ago and got to tour it. I now consider all hotdogs catfish bait.

Did a cookie plant addition also. Amazed at the amount of lard in cookies. Still love chocolate chip cookies though.

I liked hot dogs a lot more before ingredient publication became a thing. I will occasionally give in and eat one at a baseball game, but yeah, I imagine if I had a tour of a hot dog plant imprinted in my brain, I'd probably swear them off forever, too.

Another one: People who are *really* slow runners getting up front at the beginning of a road race instead of lining up toward the back...the two-legged version of the slow car in the fast lane.

48 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

My Dad owned a meat packing plant back in the 60's you wouldn't eat  a lot of certain meats if you saw it made

36 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Another one: People who are *really* slow runners getting up front at the beginning of a road race instead of lining up toward the back...the two-legged version of the slow car in the fast lane.

Wouldn’t know. Quit running years ago but do enjoy long walks. Tell family and friends  if they ever see me running again call 911….something really dangerous not far behind.

Had a friend years ago who told me he worked for a week in a sausage factory. After witnessing some of the vermin in the place and the relatively nasty conditions, he was worried he might never eat meat products again.  On his way out the last day, he forced himself to stop by a fast food place and order a sausage biscuit. After that he knew he'd be ok.  ;)

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, SLAG-91 said:

Oh, will add this one*: Hot dogs? Packs of 10. Buns? Packs of 8. Get it together, y'all!

My dog has solved that problem. 

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 11:30 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Pretty positive that if we toured the kitchens of most restaurants we would never eat there again. I try not to think about it. 

Edited by gr82be