Auburn CWS Game Thread

19 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

To lose to Ole Piss and Arky like we did was embarrassing. Actually we should not have been there to go out as weak as that. Oh all this BS about being picked last in the SEC and it was just awesome to get there is just that. If you can’t even compete with your own conference foes then don’t go. OSU probably hits better against piss and Arky.

This is rich! LMAO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

Ha ha. Pac 12 obviously not what it once was….

2 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

That is what you do when there is nothing to say. Just name call.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, au302 said:

We do but a lot of them have not developed. Larue, Hill, etc certainly look the part. Think Larue was considered an elite prospect. Because of some HS misses we are relying on the Juco and portal market heavily, which fortunately we have had success with. And I'm a huge Juco guy and called for influx after last year's supposed mental toughness issues because they are gritty and add toughness.

But as much as I love them, when 3/4 of your top hitters are from those areas you end up getting exposed by SECW schools who have landed and developed elite HS players with high MLB potential at a better clip. So the next step is to do better there. Cole Foster fits that bill, so we have to get more guys like him, and develop them. And again, not complaining, just speculating on how we take the next step to compete with OM, Arky, A&M, and yes, LSU and State too

🤙

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Meanwhile Arky up 3-1 over Ole Miss T9.  Heck of game and could see a rematch tomorrow night. I am pulling for the guys from Miss now.

Beautiful. Why is that? Because Ole Piss didn’t beat AU as bad as Arky? 😂

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Meanwhile Arky up 3-1 over Ole Miss T9.  Heck of game and could see a rematch tomorrow night. I am pulling for the guys from Miss now.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

14 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I do hope we are allowed more baseball scholarships but while I hear there is talk about it I am not sure how they can do it with the requirement that woman's sports have as many scholarships as men's. 

The scholarship limits will be raised in both softball and baseball. That's the deal, as it's been written.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

People can complain about the comments in this thread but it IS a game thread. Almost everyone, myself included, is guilty of posting split-second gut reactions rather than with the head/heart. Losing like we did is not going to spark a lot of "rah, rah, rah we're so good" comments during the game. After the game, you can see that almost everyone on here (minus one person) was damn proud and happy of this team for making it as far as we did.

Just don't come into a game thread and expect sunshine and roses.

As for me, I had a blast this season, doing what little I could to show support for this team. I am not in the financial or health position to drive to Auburn to watch games, so if I even helped 1 person then I'm happy to be here providing updates. I loved the drive and effort of the team despite being out talented by a lot of the SEC. The fact that we were one of the last 6 teams standing is a testament to Butch and this staff and the heart of the players.

War Eagle, everyone. We will be back in Omaha and get a win here again way sooner than 25 years.

P.S Give Butch whatever the hell he wants to build this program into a consistent winner just like Bruce and Basketball.

The issue is that so much of it is posted by those who don't understand baseball. The criticisms are 95% unwarranted, and it's very irritating. Some of it is just mean. That shouldn't be tolerated under any circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m not a member there but I’m glad it’s better here at least. Lots of great folks on this board..
The whining gets old or maybe I’m to old ...

No.....it's the whining. 

9 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

That is what you do when there is nothing to say. Just name call.

Sure. No problem. You are a clown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

No sir I will not! 

jessferg-r2.gif.8426e974c753719fa9627e13acc30d73.gif

10 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

But it was implied. Don’t slink out of that one.

Wow you think I'm sexy?? By the way post less!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Since Auburn is out of it. I am pulling for Arky as that is where my oldest boy went to college.

I can’t decide which one I want to see move on.  The players and coaches both have my respect.  Maybe ole miss due to their “come back” story the end of the season …

2-0

ole miss over arky

delucia goes the distance for ole miss.  Arky starter goes 8 and the reliever went 3 up 3 down.

zero walks issued by either team.  11 total hits.  15 K’s.  207 total pitches by both teams.  (AU threw nearly 200 in our loss)

gotta hand it to the pitching staffs.  I hope they all go pro!

ole miss vs okie in the finals.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SurfingTiger said:

🤙

That is what you do when there is nothing to say.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, Didba said:

jessferg-r2.gif.8426e974c753719fa9627e13acc30d73.gif

You are the aggressor telling me to shut up brother. You need to read the 1st amendment. Or are you one of the people who don’t understand the Constitution?

• Haha 1