Auburn CWS Game Thread

On 6/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, gr82be said:

Not saying you're incorrect but why are they feeling pressure? It's not like they are favorites to win this thing. I don't get underdogs feeling pressure but maybe I'm In the minority. 

I think they're exhausted.  Travelled to Oregon, had to commute an hour each way once there, flew home for 15 hours, then right to Omaha.

Looking back, our biggest mistake may have been coming home.  Probably should have gone straight to Omaha and given the boys some time to rest/recover.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think they're exhausted.  Travelled to Oregon, had to commute an hour each way once there, flew home for 15 hours, then right to Omaha.

Looking back, our biggest mistake may have been coming home.  Probably should have gone straight to Omaha and given the boys some time to rest/recover.

Totally agree that's a lot of traveling in and out of hotels even being so young it can wear and tear on you especially if not use to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

15 hour flight from Oregon?

22 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

15 hour flight from Oregon?

They were in Auburn 15 hrs before flying back out

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Got it

I hope this wasn’t a cost cutting decision, but it sounds like it.

• Sad 1

Appparently around the Corvallis series, a stomach bug was going around the team and was why Foster was removed from the game... that's just great.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, warbiscuit said:

For those who were wondering why Stanford is wearing black in this heat, they did this last year against Texas Tech.

...And I thought they were supposed to be smart at Stanford.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

...And I thought they were supposed to be smart at Stanford.

I think they want today to be Auburn's funeral(reference to the Texas Tech quote). Let's prove them wrong and make it Stanford's funeral.

Let's get the bats going a bit and let Trace chew up a few good innings. Let's go boys! Let's go win the Pac 12 title and give them the same treatment we gave to UCLA and Oregon State!

We're the away team today. Bright is on the mound today for the elimination game. Don't know how I feel about that.

I'll do updates but it'll be half inning at a time because I'm a bit busy at the moment.

3-0 count to Rambusch ... Full count ... strikes out on ball 4.

1-1 count to Moore ... fly out to just shy of the warning track to CF.

Full count to DiChiara and he strikes him out. SMH

0-0 B1st

Bad start. Two strikeouts. Both swinging at pitches outside the strike zone. Looked exactly like OM. If all three guys stand still, we have two runners on with one out.

At some point, we'll either stop doing the pitcher's work for him or we'll pack our bags tonight.

Edited by mcgufcm

2 pitch single. Bright starting just like his last start.

Strike out for out 1.

Runner then steals 2nd. No chance for LaRue as the ball was in the dirt.

1-2 count ... double. Run scores. Bright continues to put us in the hole.

1-0 Stanford

1 pitch fly out to Bello in LF.

2 pitch line out to Peirce in RF.

Peirce, Carlson, Foster coming up.

1-0 Stanford T2nd.

Third swinging K on a ball outside the zone. Foster with a two-out double to get us started after that!

• Like 1

2 pitch pop up to 2B for Peirce.

7 pitch strike out for Carlson. 3 Already for a not so great Stanford pitcher.

DOUBLE for Foster! Glad to not wait 6 innings.

Good grief, Howell just can't do anything. Weak ass pop up to the pitcher.

1-0 Stanford B2nd

Still getting less than zero from the 1 and 7 spots. This ballpark begs for stringing hits together. That's impossible when you have automatic outs in those spots.