Auburn CWS Game Thread

3 pitch strike out.

1 pitch double. Love the announcer is talking about how great Bright is as he continues to get hit hard.

Ground out to 2B .. runner moves to 3rd.

Batter fouls off several 1-2 pitches before another double. Yay! Keep talking about great Bright is.

Edit: Play is being reviewed, it's close but it'll probably stand.

2-0 Stanford

Edited by tgrogan21

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Still getting less than zero from the 1 and 7 spots. This ballpark begs for stringing hits together. That's impossible when you have automatic outs in those spots.

Sometimes my Tigers take a minute to get hot at the plate. Let's hope this is one of those games....

Next ball in the dirt and takes a nice effort from LaRue to save a wild pitch.

3-1 count ...full count on a check swing. Ball wasn't even close. Struck him out but he not much confidence in him going forward.

LaRue, Bello, Rambusch coming up.

2-0 Stanford T3rd

Going to have to score actual runs to win a game.  Hope the bats wake up soon.

Y'all crazy. Trace looks good. That two-out RBI was on a breaking ball buried four inches inside, and he somehow turned on it and barely caught the line. Good hitting and a bit of blind luck. I don't recall all this "Gonzalez sucks" nonsense when he gave up two in the first. We're in the exact same position starting pitching wise. Trace isn't a knockout pitcher right now, but he keeps you in games. The bigger issue (by far) is at the plate.

• Like 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

Where’s Barnett? 

I'm sure they have a plan on who to use when.....based on things we don't know. Even if it doesn't work out I still trust CBT's decisions because he has pretty good judgement about his pitchers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hope this wasn’t a cost cutting decision, but it sounds like it.

I think it was poor planning to be honest.  Its more expensive to charter a plane twice than to stay in a hotel for an extra night.

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

2 pitch pop up to 2B for Peirce.

7 pitch strike out for Carlson. 3 Already for a not so great Stanford pitcher.

DOUBLE for Foster! Glad to not wait 6 innings.

Good grief, Howell just can't do anything. Weak ass pop up to the pitcher.

1-0 Stanford B2nd

Actually this Stanford pitcher has the best ERA among their staff if it is the lefty they spoke about.  Not watching atm to see. 

We can’t win if we can’t score.  Our batters have got to hit.  At least we are touching the ball today.  And seeing some pitches.  Hope they start finding gaps.

LaRue gets up 2-0 before an even count and then a full count. That'll be the 3rd one already. Fly out to the warning track.

1-2 count to Bello ...evened it up. Another full count, at least we'll get to the bullpen early with all of these full counts. Fly out to LF.

1-2 count to Rambusch ...another strike out. Ridiculous.

2-0 Stanford B3rd

Just now, mustache eagle said:

We can’t win if we can’t score.  Our batters have got to hit.  At least we are touching the ball today.  And seeing some pitches.  Hope they start finding gaps.

Please......Please.....Please baseball gods.....

Good. Grief. Rambo is beyond lost at the plate. ANOTHER swinging strikeout on a ball waaaaaaay outside the zone (high and outside).

Edited by mcgufcm

Our approach just flat out sucks. Feel bad for Hudson and the pitchers because our hitting approach is just embarrassing right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Y'all crazy. Trace looks good. That two-out RBI was on a breaking ball buried four inches inside, and he somehow turned on it and barely caught the line. Good hitting and a bit of blind luck. I don't recall all this "Gonzalez sucks" nonsense when he gave up two in the first. We're in the exact same position starting pitching wise. Trace isn't a knockout pitcher right now, but he keeps you in games. The bigger issue (by far) is at the plate.

What about the other 2 doubles? Or him missing by a lot of being bailed out by LaRue behind the plate? Gonzalez has earned the trust because he hasn't ever just went 1 or less inning pitched before getting rocked hard. Bright has had 2 starts less than 1 inning in his last 4. Bright isn't pitching good.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Actually this Stanford pitcher has the best ERA among their staff if it is the lefty they spoke about.  Not watching atm to see. 

Guy has a 4.50+ ERA coming in. Not sure if this is their best guy but that doesn't scream "shut down" stuff. We're just making him look like he's a top 10 draft pick.

We moved Cole Foster from the two hole. We should've moved Rambo out of the lead-off spot. He's killing us.

Rambo has four swinging strikeouts. None of them have been on strikes. Then, he reached on an error and got picked off at first. 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

Just now, mcgufcm said:

We moved Cole Foster from the two hole. We should've moved Rambo out of the lead-off spot. He's killing us.

Should have moved him out of the lineup. Farquhar has a hit in 2 at bats, Rambo hasn't had a hit in 4+ games.

Nice inning from Bright. 1-2-3 inning with 2 ks.

Moore, DiChiara, Peirce up.

2-0 Standford T4th

Edited by tgrogan21

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Should have moved him out of the lineup. Farquhar has a hit in 2 at bats, Rambo hasn't had a hit in 4+ games.

Fair, but Farquhar doesn't play a ton of 3B.