Auburn CWS Game Thread

Strikes out Montgomery to start!

Burkhalter's location isn't great right now though.

Edited by mcgufcm

Battles back from 3-0 to get the out! Ware on the warning track with the put away.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nice come back from Burky to get him after falling behind 3-0! He's now retired the last 12 guys he's faced.

Make that 13 straight! Only 3 more outs!

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nice come back from Burky to get him after falling behind 3-0! He's now retired the last 12 guys he's faced.

And has three Ks against four batters faced.

8 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

As far as our plate strategy…

I think all of our strikeouts have been swinging.  Dbl digit hits, a few free bases and swinging.  I think sonny is the only one without a hit.

Larue doesn’t have a hit either but has at least made decent contact.  Hope sonny can put one in play.

Pitching change for Stanford. Going to Bruno who is one of their top end of game arms. 

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Larue doesn’t have a hit either but has at least made decent contact.  Hope sonny can put one in play.

Unless it's a mistake nobody will give Sonny D anything much to hit.

Edited by Tigerbelle

Poor AB for Sonny. Watched a changeup go by, swung at a high fastball. Strike out.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Unless it's a mistake nobody will give Sonny D anything much to hit.

Seems like most at bats recently he’s been watching an off speed pitch on the outer third waste high for his first strike.  Seems like he’d be sitting on that early in the count.  I hope he gets a bunch more chances the next couple weeks!

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Seems like most at bats recently he’s been watching an off speed pitch on the outer third waste high for his first strike.  Seems like he’d be sitting on that early in the count.  I hope he gets a bunch more chances the next couple weeks!

He has a few pitches that he's uncomfortable with, and that's what he's been served up lately. He has a really good eye but he's frustrated with the pitches he gets this late in the season.