Auburn CWS Game Thread

Just realized that on Twitter you always see support from other coaches and sports and showing their love to all other sports for their successes ... except for Harsin. He doesn't tweet about the other sports, doesn't retweet, just silence unless it involves football. Wish our main coach would be more engaged with other sports.

I know Harsin can't go to Omaha to support the team because of recruiting but you would think a simple tweet of support would be easy enough to do to get more eyes on this team. He just can't be bothered. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Just realized that on Twitter you always see support from other coaches and sports and showing their love to all other sports for their successes ... except for Harsin. He doesn't tweet about the other sports, doesn't retweet, just silence unless it involves football. Wish our main coach would be more engaged with other sports.

I know Harsin can't go to Omaha to support the team because of recruiting but you would think a simple tweet of support would be easy enough to do to get more eyes on this team. He just can't be bothered. :(

He retweeted this two days ago. I’ve seen several of his posts in support of baseball, basketball, gymnastics…etc. He supportive of the other programs. 

this is another recent post

Edited by aubearcat
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

He retweeted this two days ago. I’ve seen several of his posts in support of baseball, basketball, gymnastics…etc. He supportive of the other programs. 

this is another recent post

The first was from the Auburn Football twitter. Must have missed the 2nd one when I scrolled through his twitter. I follow him and have never seen any tweets about any other sports. *shrugs* Maybe he's not showing up in my timeline. lol

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

The first was from the Auburn Football twitter. Must have missed the 2nd one when I scrolled through his twitter. I follow him and have never seen any tweets about any other sports. *shrugs* Maybe he's not showing up in my timeline. lol

Yea, that’s what I’m saying, he retweeted the first. I’m not being adversarial or anything I’m just saying I’ve seen him praise all of the program s. Especially basketball, baseball, and gymnastics during their runs. 

Terrible first 14 innings in Omaha.  Superb last 4.  Major hat tip to Trace Bright today recovering from that Super Regional start!  Good job by Gabe/Butch on the lineup switch of Foster and Moore.  That proved pivotal!  Clutch ABs in the final few innings made this super fun (and nauseating)!

Saw where someone mentioned they had the right to criticize the play so far, no matter if it's Omaha or not.  I would agree with that to an extent, as this team definitely didn't play to its potential the other night and needed some good ole-fashion correction discussions.  Regardless of if there are 9 or 45 more innings left in Omaha though, this trip officially moved the program a little bit further to the ultimate goal...erased the 0-for-Omaha!  Now, just go play a loose, nothing-to-lose conference game tomorrow night and keep the elusive run going until the baseball gods turn the lights out!  

Edited by SCTiger2011
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Yea, that’s what I’m saying, he retweeted the first. I’m not being adversarial or anything I’m just saying I’ve seen him praise all of the program s. Especially basketball, baseball, and  gymnastics during their runs. 

Didn't say you were. I'm just saying he retweeted an Auburn Football tweet, didn't put anything else in it. And I missed the 2nd one. But, I personally, haven't seen anything he's retweeted in support of Gymnastics, Women's Golf, Men's Golf, or anything else. I might have missed them or they're just not showing up in my timeline.

• Like 1

Burkhalter was awesome as was the team. Bummer we had to use him for 2.1 innings as we have games every day if we keep winning. 

That's the problem with entering the losers bracket in the first round, you have to win 4 games in 4 days. Hard to keep your pitching strong with no rest. At least tomorrow's opponent will be in the same boat. But after that we would always play another consecutive game against a team that's had a day off. 

OMAHA, Neb. – They're not done yet. 

Starting pitcher Trace Bright set an Auburn College World Series record with eight strikeouts, Cole Foster drove in three with a bases-loaded double and Blake Burkhalter earned his 16th save to lead the No. 14 Tigers to a 6-2 win over Stanford on Monday at Charles Schwab Field.    

Trailing 2-0 in the sixth, Bobby Peirce drew a bases-loaded walk to score Mike Bello, who led off with a single, advanced to second on Blake Rambusch's single and moved to third when Sonny DiChiara was hit by a pitch.

With two outs, Foster drilled a double off the wall in left-center to empty the bases, plating Rambusch, DiChiara and Peirce for a 4-2 Auburn advantage. 

Bello set the table again in the seventh, drawing a leadoff walk. Blake Rambusch followed with a double to give the Tigers runners on second and third with no outs.

Auburn extended its lead to 5-2 when Brody Moore's sacrifice fly scored Bryson Ware, who pinch-ran for Bello and remained in the game to play left field. 

With two outs, Peirce doubled home Rambusch to put the Tigers on top 6-2. 

Stanford struck first with three doubles in the first two innings, scoring single runs in each inning to lead 2-0.

Bright (5-4) blanked the Cardinal over the next three innings, retiring seven straight from the end of the third through the fifth inning, and fanning 

Auburn threatened in the fifth when Brooks Carlson led of with a double and Foster followed with a four-pitch walk put two on with no outs but the Tigers were unable to cash in.

Tommy Sheehan relieved Bright in the sixth, striking out the side. When Stanford loaded the bases with two outs in the seventh, Blake Burkhalter relieved him, striking out Stanford's Brett Barrera on a full count to end the inning. 

Burkhalter set down all three Stanford batters in the eighth, striking out two.

In the ninth, he struck out the first two before an infield single with two strikes extended the inning. Stanford leadoff hitter Brock Jones popped up to Rambusch for the final out.

Bright, Sheehan and Burkhalter combined for 16 strikeouts while issuing only walk. 

Rambusch, Foster and Kason Howell led Auburn with two hits each. 

The victory was Auburn's first vs. Stanford (47-18) in their five meetings at the College World Series. 

One of six teams, including four from the SEC West, still in contention for the national championship, Auburn (43-21) will play the loser of Monday night's Arkansas-Ole Miss game Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gabo4au said:

Burkhalter was awesome as was the team. Bummer we had to use him for 2.1 innings as we have games every day if we keep winning. 

That's the problem with entering the losers bracket in the first round, you have to win 4 games in 4 days. Hard to keep your pitching strong with no rest. At least tomorrow's opponent will be in the same boat. But after that we would always play another consecutive game against a team that's had a day off. 

We will effectively lose our two best relievers for tomorrow's game...Skipper held out bc he is gonna start the next game if we win tomorrow and Burky threw about 40 pitches over 2.1 today

But the wizardry of Butch puts our 2nd best starter against the losers third best starter tomorrow. Hopefully the bats make it easy on the pen

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm an idiot, give me all the facepalms. :P

Thought I did a better deep dive but it's been pointed out to me that I was wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I'm an idiot, give me all the facepalms. :P

Thought I did a better deep dive but it's been pointed out to me that I was wrong.

Since birds not around I need to facepalm someone every now and then

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Since birds not around I need to facepalm someone every now and then

It was deserved. Can't be perfect ALL the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's very hot and people are also working.....like me

Thats most of us but there are enough financially affluent retired Auburn fans that grew up in southern heat to more than fill those stands. We travel very very well. Surprised.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Thats most of us but there are enough financially affluent retired Auburn fans that grew up in southern heat to more than fill those stands. We travel very very well. Surprised.

I disagree. Retired folks are older and they don't always tolerate the heat well for an extended period. Either way it's miserable mid-day and even I would be hesitant to attend during a heat wave.

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've seen him tweet a bunch about the baseball team

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

It was deserved. Can't be perfect ALL the time.

You are a pretty good guy and thanks again for what you do. Pic of young fella told you I was competing with Ole Miss about. I am cheering for Ole Miss tonight. Maybe our better chance to advance.

IMG_1512.JPEG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Are you serious? This was a rational thought that you thought was more likely than not to be true?  Even worse you were immediately proven wrong smh.

Edited by Didba

Siap, but the baby bird was scooped up by tournament staff and brought to a rescue. Apparently it was dehydrated (obviously) but got much better once they got it out the sun. Poor thing looked to be going through it

• Like 1