Auburn CWS Game Thread

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

The first was from the Auburn Football twitter. Must have missed the 2nd one when I scrolled through his twitter. I follow him and have never seen any tweets about any other sports. *shrugs* Maybe he's not showing up in my timeline. lol

Typical... "because I don't see it, it must not exist."

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Typical... "because I don't see it, it must not exist."

Stop dude. He admitted he was wrong several posts back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Stop dude. He admitted he was wrong several posts back.

Stop dude. This was posted before I got to his walk back statement.

Edited by Didba

Well Arky is clearly getting knocked around tonight. 5 pitchers in the 5th and 125 total pitches

Unfortunately, Ole Miss has been bend but don't break. Still on the starter in the bottom of the 5th, but getting close at 76 pitches

57 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've seen him tweet a bunch about the baseball team

Already posted I was wrong. I scrolled his twitter for over a minute and the only thing I saw was the retweet of the Auburn Football one. I follow him and have honestly never seen any support tweet other than basketball, this might have something to do with me blocking the word Harsin on my twitter after all the crazy fire/affair rumors were muddying up my timeline.  I took the L and owned up to to. lol

58 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Already posted I was wrong. I scrolled his twitter for over a minute and the only thing I saw was the retweet of the Auburn Football one. I follow him and have honestly never seen any support tweet other than basketball, this might have something to do with me blocking the word Harsin on my twitter after all the crazy fire/affair rumors were muddying up my timeline.  I took the L and owned up to to. lol

I had not gotten to your post taking the L before I was snarky but even then my issue was that was what your mind jumped to.  We just win an elimination game and the first thing I see on the thread today after the win is someone griping about Harsin. I thought "you've got to be kidding me."

Edited by Didba

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

I had not gotten to your post taking the L before I was snarky but even then my issue was that was what your mind jumped to.  We just win an elimination game and the first thing I see on the thread is someone griping about Harsin. I thought "you've got to be kidding me."

Definitely wasn't the "first" thing you read. I was in the thread all game and even after the game. Just like every other game this season.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Definitely wasn't the "first" thing you read. I was in the thread all game and even after the game. Just like every other game this season.

Enough trogan21 already admitted he was wrong and took the L.  didba admitted he was snarky prior to seeing trogan21 take the L. Lets just drop it and celebrate what out ream just did.

Well I missed most of it but did get to catch the last couple innings. Fantastic bounce back win and nice to get another CWS win and break the streak. Looked like a completely different team today. Very proud of the guys. 

35 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It definitely was the first thing I read in this thread today as I jumped straight to the last page to see what people were saying about the W.

But let's just move on.

Edited by Didba
took out some snarkiness

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Enough trogan21 already admitted he was wrong and took the L.  didba admitted he was snarky prior to seeing trogan21 take the L. Lets just drop it and celebrate what out ream just did.

I am sorry you are right. 8 hours straight of bar prep every day for the last month and half will do things to your mind...

To quote the late great Waylon Jennings, bar prep makes me lonesome, ornery and mean...

Barring an absolute miracle in the bottom of the ninth, Ole Miss will beat Arky. Ole Miss still hasn't lost in the postseason and their bullpen (to this point) hasn't given up a single run.

Arkansas on the other hand used 7 pitchers and threw about 200 pitches. We are in good shape to beat them tomorrow with our bullpen use. Only used Skipper, Sheehan, and Burkhalter. Skipper will be rested according to a poster so he can start if we force a game 4. Then I'll assume Gonzo will be good to go if we have to play on Thursday.

I think Burky and Sheehan should be able to go Wednesday if needed, but definitely again on Thursday. Still have Armstrong, Allsup, Isbell, and Swilling that haven't pitched at all.

Arky with over 200 pitches across 7 arms tonight. Don't really know how much of a difference that will make, but it's an awful lot. 

We'll see their #3 starter Hagen Smith and their closer Tygart hasn't made a pitch yet

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Arky with over 200 pitches across 7 arms tonight. Don't really know how much of a difference that will make, but it's an awful lot. 

We'll see their #3 starter Hagen Smith and their closer Tygart hasn't made a pitch yet

Went 4 innings against Auburn earlier in the season. Gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. Not that bad of an outing for him. Hopefully we'll be able to get to him early cause I don't think they'll have enough arms to outlast us if our offense gets going early.

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Barring an absolute miracle in the bottom of the ninth, Ole Miss will beat Arky. Ole Miss still hasn't lost in the postseason and their bullpen (to this point) hasn't given up a single run.

A 1 out 2 run homer ends that scoreless streak. 13-5, still a lot of ground to make up but at least they're making this pitcher throw more pitches.

Edit: And that's it for the game. Ole Miss gave up a double and a homer but he got 2 ks and a ground out to end it.

Edited by tgrogan21

Picked last in the SEC West.    Hardest regional.   Traveling 2500 miles to the super,   CWS with 7 guys with the throw up/crap bug.   Still playing.... WDE!!!!!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Went 4 innings against Auburn earlier in the season. Gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. Not that bad of an outing for him. Hopefully we'll be able to get to him early cause I don't think they'll have enough arms to outlast us if our offense gets going early.

Actually looks like they have been throwing Will McEntire instead of Hagen over the past few weeks. Really depends on what their plan is for a potential Auburn, Ole Miss, Ole Miss stretch. Looks like he went 3.1 against us w/ just 1 run on three hits given up, so he actually had slightly better numbers vs. us than Hagen did (4 innings, 2 runs on 3 hits). 

But their HC seems to be stumping the entire fanbase on the pitching rotation...so no telling

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I think Burky and Sheehan should be able to go Wednesday if needed, but definitely again on Thursday. Still have Armstrong, Allsup, Isbell, and Swilling that haven't pitched at all.

Sheehan at least, should be available to pitch tomorrow. I won't be surprised to see Burkhalter if it gets to crunch time. Butch would probably prefer to rest Burkey but I don't think it's imperative. Both had fewer than 40 pitches. Sheehan isn't such a hard thrower anyway, and should certainly be available tomorrow.

• Like 1

Consider whom Auburn has beaten so far. FSU, UCLA, Oregon St (twice at their place), and Stanford. All historical programs. Single handedly eliminating the PAC 12’s 3 best teams. Hopefully the bats have awakened now. What better time than now for some sweet revenge on Arky and Ole Miss? Both of them are owed some serious payback.

Space Ghost Power GIF - Space Ghost Power Ray GIFs

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

They’re going to start Will McIntyre tonight, unless he’s sick or something. He was their #2 down the stretch (former midweek guy), but they went to Morris to start last night. It’s going to be a heck of pitching matchup. If we can chase him early, it gets dicey for them. 

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Picked last in the SEC West.    Hardest regional.   Traveling 2500 miles to the super,   CWS with 7 guys with the throw up/crap bug.   Still playing.... WDE!!!!!

This right here. 

What a tough, gutsy team. Cole Foster playing sick as a dog and getting a double......these guys are truly amazing. Nobody has had a more difficult path than Auburn. 

• Like 3