Auburn CWS Game Thread

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

For those still watching the pain on the field, Bobby Peirce with the HOSE to get a runner at third.

Great throw and great play by Rambo not to give up and continue thru w the tag

9-1 Bacon Bits.  6 outs left to play with.  Someone see if Auburn Jesus is asleep til September or has any exciting Hail Marys left to pull out

2 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Great throw and great play by Rambo not to give up and continue thru w the tag

Hoping Bobby can keep his breakthrough season performance alive next year.  Big surprise after his 2021 campaign.

Edited by SCTiger2011

I was worried about this one….or Ole Miss either one. They have more talent and it shows up in the CWS. Great job Tigers! Give ‘Em hell the rest of the way. 

I don’t care to research it but wonder what our batting avg is combined as a team for the supers and cws....

and yes, I am ecstatic we made it to Omaha—totally unexpected.  The big stage just popped our balloon

6 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

I don’t care to research it but wonder what our batting avg is combined as a team for the supers and cws....

and yes, I am ecstatic we made it to Omaha—totally unexpected.  The big stage just popped our balloon

Thru 8 innings , 18-93, .194 in Omaha 🤮

18-97 in Corvallis, for .186

Edited by SCTiger2011
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Swilling gets another K and a walk.  2 outs, bases loaded.  Brooks Fuller coming in to get the last out of the 9th

Stovall for Arkansas gets his 5th hit of the night.  Next AB, Good play by Brody Moore at SS to end the inning.  11-1 to B9.  Auburn 11 runs away from a matchup against Ole Miss tomorrow!

Brody Moore. Groundout to SS.  

Sonny ends his Auburn career with an...infield single off the pitchers leg.

Hard-hitting DP to 2B ends the Tigers season.  Wasn't a pretty finish, but the picked 7th team in the SEC West finishes its season in Omaha.

• Like 1

Thanks to the coaches and team to allow us to follow an Auburn team to June 21st....not many schools (only 5) could say that...

All the wheels just came off tonight. Anemic pitching and hitting. One Arky player (Stovall) got 5 hits and we only got 4. Appropriately, the sunset over Omaha tonight was a beautiful orange and blue.:largeAU:

• Like 1

Helluva lot more to like about this year than any loss can take away. Great, great season. Ending the CWS win drought was a MONSTER step for the program. Can’t think about winning it without winning a game in Omaha for 25 years. Huge step. And Burkhalter joined Sonny a damn legend on the Plains. 

• Like 1

Helluva season. It would have been nice to make this last game a hard fought one. 
But as someone said earlier, for a team picked to finish last in the west, nice job!

• Like 1