Auburn CWS Game Thread

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Are you allowed to block the bag like that???

Yes. Great play.

Just now, mcgufcm said:

That’s a lot better than Rambo and Kason. Those two struggling like they are (0-30 I believe) shrinks our lineup to the point where we cannot have rallies. It’s walk/hit and HR or bust. 

Put their stats up earlier. The bottom 3 of the lineup and Rambusch are 6 for their last 66 for a .090 batting average. 7 of 9 players are slumping.

7 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I know the game isn't over yet, but I hope we can get at least one win in Omaha this time....

Yea would be nice to end that drought this trip! Stanford’s bats looked as bad as ours for 7 of their innings today so fingers crossed

It’s not just the pitcher dominating us all night, we have shot ourselves in the foot at very costly times. Would be 3-1 and we’d still be batting if not for mental lapses.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Rambusch's awful games lately now extending to the base paths. Gets picked off of first on a snap throw from the catcher. Play is being reviewed but should stand.

I don’t agree with the 1b being allowed to block the bag like that (rule has to change), but did you see how far off the bag he was???  He is out in principle. Stupid base-running error there to end the 8th. Just horrible. 

It’s true, but the 1 & 7 hitters being 0-fer is different than other guys hitting .200. If those two don’t lengthen our lineup, we’re going 2 and out. 

I hope we can win the next one and start hitting the damn ball again. If not it’s another two and a BBQ. 

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

geez, Bello played that one weird too. What is going on w/ our outfielders?

Glad he caught it. Definitely need to do fly ball practice or get the jug machine out.

Edited by PearlofWisdom

18 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Ole miss is the new LSU. I went to the Louisville-ole Miss kick off classic this past football season. Ole Miss fans were horrible. It was a Monday night, saw two guys (separate incidents) passed out in the streets prior to the game. One in the gutter, his friend too drunk to drag him out of the street. Both were arrested I think, as cops showed up while I was entering the stadium. Inside the stadium, it was about 50% capacity. Ole miss fans were horrible. I saw three separate fights. As I was leaving, cops swarmed a section of the stadium to arrest a few Ole Miss fans. NO FREAKIN’ JOKE!  As I walked to my car, I said something to an ole Miss ole timer and he shook his head and said something about the young ole miss crowd is unbearable. He was horribly embarrassed.  Honestly, I had no idea about ole miss like that.

I hate ole miss is the point. This sucks!  

Wow, I've been to Ole Miss for football and basketball games over 20 times and I've never experienced anything like you're saying. As a matter of fact, Ole Miss gets as much love from opposing SEC fans as any fanbase in the conference. 

• Like 2

2 pitch ground out to Rambusch.

1 pitch fly out to Bello. Looks like he misplayed another and had to make a diving catch to save a hit.

5 pitch walk. 8/9 innings Ole Miss has had a runner on base.

Wild pitch, runner moves up. Strike out on a ball in the dirt. LaRue throws to 1st for the out and completed K.

Farquhar, DiChiara, Peirce up. Last chance for Auburn to get this W.

5-1 Auburn T9th

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Wow, I've been to Ole Miss for football and basketball games over 20 times and I've never experienced anything like you're saying. As a matter of fact, Ole Miss gets as much love from opposing SEC fans as any fanbase in the conference. 

I had quite a few bad times in Oxford when I used to travel for work. Starkville was great. As a whole people in Mississippi were nice. But Oxford was horrible. 

Just hoping for good ABs. Start seeing the ball and carry it into the next one. 

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I hope we can win the next one and start hitting the damn ball again. If not it’s another two and a BBQ. 

Feeling pretty good about the Stanford game. I know they have a full day of rest, but they threw 212 pitches on 6 arms today. We went 124 on 2 guys. 

Beating either Ole Miss or Arkansas in the third game is very unlikely though. Our O is in a rut at the worst time

7 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

I don’t agree with the 1b being allowed to block the bag like that (rule has to change), but did you see how far off the bag he was???  He is out in principle. Stupid base-running error there to end the 8th. Just horrible. 

Exactly. One of the basic rules I’m baseball. Down 5-1 your run don’t mean squat so don’t be the one to cause an out. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I had quite a few bad times in Oxford when I used to travel for work. Starkville was great. As a whole people in Mississippi were nice. But Oxford was horrible. 

I grew up in Starkville, and I’d say games are more annoying in Starkville. The fabs are all kinds of bandwagon (and these are my best friends!!) and the cowbells are a joke. 

21 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

That’s just not true. I deal with OM folks all the time. Not true at all. 

TB thinks anyone who isn't a good ole boy Auburn WASP is a POS

• Haha 1

Peirce strikes out on a ball in the dirt.

Bats gonna end the post season just like the end of the regular season. Embarrassing.

Ole Miss wins 5-1