Auburn CWS Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

TB thinks anyone who isn't a good ole boy Auburn WASP is a POS

But OM is FULL of good ole boy Delta WASPs!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Kason has not missed playing in about 160 games. give or take a few.  He's usually reliable at the plate but I think he's just suffering from burn out. Auburn needs him in CF so he keeps on going. He's been good until about May and now he's not seeing pitches well. 

Yep definitely need his glove, and not like our bench bats are any good. I put a lot of this on Gross. He knows baseball but I feel like he is not good at helping guys work through slumps and is really bad at game planning for good pitchers. Jmo though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I grew up in Starkville, and I’d say games are more annoying in Starkville. The fabs are all kinds of bandwagon (and these are my best friends!!) and the cowbells are a joke. 

The cowbells are annoying but I get it. Oxford has an undeserved snootiness.Just my experience there. 

It is INEXCUSABLE at this point of the season (especially for Sonny D to not swing at a close pitch with 2 strikes.  Makes me sick to watch!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

It's hard to figure how at times we can look like an offensive juggernaut & at other times like whatever the opposite of a juggernaut would be. Gotta give Ole Miss pitching their props, but we just didn't have many good ABs. We seem to take a lot of hit-able pitches & swing at pitches that we couldn't have hit with a pole. That's disappointing. 

Well. Bad start. Now we have to do something we’ve never done. Beat Stanford in Omaha. 0-4 against that team in the CWS. But this is a tough team. We’ll show up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awful performance tonight all around, didn’t look like we belong on the big stage and that’s unfortunate considering the season the guys have had. There are a lot of folks that doubted we’d be much of a factor here and I hate they will all be writing about it tomorrow. We need to beat Stanford and at least gain a little respect back. 

• Like 2

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

It is INEXCUSABLE at this point of the season (especially for Sonny D to not swing at a close pitch with 2 strikes.  Makes me sick to watch!

Tone it back. This team is in the CWS….a long ways from last in the SEC West. I’m pissed as much as anyone….but we’re not here without him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just now, autigeremt said:

Tone it back. This team is in the CWS….a long ways from last in the SEC West. I’m pissed as much as anyone….but we’re not here without him. 

I know that. Still inexcusable at this point.

End of season: 1 run, 3 runs, 6 runs, 1 run

End of postseason: 7 runs, 3 runs, 4 runs, 1 run

So that means we're gonna explode for back to back 19+ run games, right?

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

This is a gritty team so I think they will fight back against Stanford.  Ole Miss had a fairly easy time playing So. Miss while Auburn had to grind it out against a tougher team. Maybe this will be a reset and they will get it going again. They seemed very tense and out of sorts tonight.

• Like 1

I was all out on Hudson, but he has made tremendous growth over the second half of the season with developing the pen and making better decisions on pulling pitchers. Unfortunately, during his four years here, the same cannot be said for Gross. If his lineups don't come out hot you're toast. Zero adjustments

• Like 1

Today it was not about the hitters making adjustment the Ole Miss pitcher was dealing. A great slider and he was putting ball exactly where he wanted. When a pitcher is on even good hitters don't hit.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Put their stats up earlier. The bottom 3 of the lineup and Rambusch are 6 for their last 66 for a .090 batting average. 7 of 9 players are slumping.

that's the over all problem( RIGHT THERE) we need bats.. plain and simple, I just can't understand why we struggle to find enough of them come on Butch need some reel bad..

20 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

that's the over all problem( RIGHT THERE) we need bats.. plain and simple, I just can't understand why we struggle to find enough of them come on Butch need some reel bad..

I mean, the easy answer is we struggle to find them because...MSU/Arky/Ole Miss/LSU/Vandy/Tennessee exist.  CBT is given a paperclip and a lint-roller and asked to build a Tesla.  The deck is stacked against, whether it be lottery with some schools or just more of a willingness to spend on a baseball program (MSU, LSU, Arky, OM).  The team's performance the last five years is the PERFECT opportunity for the Athletic Department to change that culture...here's hoping they do because regardless of tonight and Monday, seeing Auburn baseball regularly be one of the last 8-16 teams playing baseball is fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, au302 said:

I was all out on Hudson, but he has made tremendous growth over the second half of the season with developing the pen and making better decisions on pulling pitchers. Unfortunately, during his four years here, the same cannot be said for Gross. If his lineups don't come out hot you're toast. Zero adjustments

That's not true. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's not true. 

We take a ton of first pitches. A lot of times the first pitch is the best you'll see. I'm all for trying to work counts and drive up pitch counts, but be aggressive too and make adjustments when they're mowing you down. Gross knows his stuff way more than me. It is what it is. Like I said jmo and not based solely on tonight 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

not a strike

On the football forum you told us how and why you're an expert on O-line play. Now you're calling balls and strikes from the TV? How many years were you a professional umpire? Will we have to wait until winter to hear about your qualifications as a basketball guru? :thumbsdown:

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, au302 said:

We take a ton of first pitches.

The Ol' Miss pitcher figured that out early on. He grooved any number of first pitches and we never adjusted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, au302 said:

We take a ton of first pitches. A lot of times the first pitch is the best you'll see. I'm all for trying to work counts and drive up pitch counts, but be aggressive too and make adjustments when they're mowing you down. Gross knows his stuff way more than me. It is what it is. Like I said jmo and not based solely on tonight 

The last couple of seasons... almost everybody was mad because Auburn hitters were swinging at the first pitch. How soon people forget.....

Auburn is very successful with a lot less. Gabe works miracles at times and people can't see it for some reason. Getting this team to Omaha is in large part due to Gabe's coaching . Teams get hot and cool off for a variety of reasons and it happens at every level of baseball. 

• Like 3