Aspyn Godwin Returning

30 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Just goes to show the catchers that came in or coming in are NOT getting it done.... 

Not sure how you would come to that conclusion.  Below is her twitter statement.  Could it be that she wants to continue to  play a sport she apparently loves with people she cares about.  She and Lisenby had nearly equal games played and starts.  Lisenby BA .269 while Godwin BA .235  Godwin more HR by 10 to 2.  Godwin SO 25 Lisenby SO 13.  Lisenby had slightly better fielding %.  Since the catcher arriving this fall has not yet played college ball I don't see how we make any judgement there.    Image

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Just goes to show the catchers that came in or coming in are NOT getting it done.... 

Oh, Good grief. So a catcher that isn't even on campus isn't getting it done?  What a completely stupid take.  Post less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Oh, Good grief. So a catcher that isn't even on campus isn't getting it done?  What a completely stupid take.  Post less.

Comment and opinion was more about the current Catchers. While Godwin is hitting about the same....  defensivley she is the best we got at the position. Arm, framing, etc... This team finished 10th in the SEC. Hope this young team grows up.... seems like they have been young since Myers left over 5 years ago...

We’ve seen this in basketball, baseball, and softball, but the teams with COVID seniors have done well. Aspyn’s 5th year leadership is immeasurable. Glad she’s coming back.

• Like 4

I don't know why anyone would like to spend another year squatting behind the plate, wearing hot equipment, working that hard and getting all dirty and sweaty.  All the catchers have my respect and admiration; especially the ones in Auburn uniforms.  Bit of a funny story......Years ago, I don't recall if it was after a fall ball game or early season game I went down on the field to get some autographs and talked with Courtney Shea for a couple of minutes.  I asked her why in the world she would want to be a catcher.  She said when she first started playing softball, her dad was her coach and she had trouble paying attention in the outfield so he put her at catcher where she would have to pay attention.  

• Haha 3

A catcher needs to have an affinity for dirt, grime, sweat and pain. Believe it or not, there are both baseball and softball players who love such things.

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

A catcher needs to have an affinity for dirt, grime, sweat and pain. Believe it or not, there are both baseball and softball players who love such things.

I was a catcher and I loved those things. Same reason I liked shortstop and the mental part when I pitched.

• Like 1