Official Visits Generating Buzz

Zeek

It doesn't mean much until commitments happen but these summer OVs are getting great feedback. Guys are moving us up their lists and dudes it seemed like we were out of the running for now seem to be back in the fold. On3 has a great spot where you can see a well updated list of visitors but I'll share it here too with some information.

4* OT Stanton Ramil - down to Auburn vs Tennessee with the Tigers having a current lead. We had gone quiet with him for a minute but the visit rekindled things.

4* DL and UGA commit Gabriel Harris was a surprise visit and now suddenly Auburn is in the picture.

4* DL and recent Texas A&M decommit Anthony James narrowed it down to two Auburb vs Washington. There is a lot of optimism here after his visit. He wants a decision in "early July"

4* RB Jeremiah Cobb went on an OV to Clemson and left unphased. Now, while he is still visiting Auburn, Jeffrey Lee has logged a prediction to AU... might materialize soon

4* LB Lewis Carter was trending towards UNC before his visit. Now things are very interesting. His family received a lot of attention from our staff and that has resonated really well with Carter.

4* DL Daevin Hobbs is a new name to me. On3 shows he is a heavy UNC lean but after his visit we're in contention. He admitted to not knowing anything about AU before the visit; it will take a return visit or two but Auburn is in the hunt. With so many DL high on Auburn though we might be in a "who jumps on board first" position soon which gives us a lot of power.

3* IOL Connor Lew had been feeling more love from UGA before the visit. The staff has since warmed on Lew and the visit went well. There is some discussion that he and Bradyn Joiner both project as centers but I believe Lew is capable of being a guard.

4* WR William Fowles visited but I haven't seen any reports about how it went. Miami might be in too big of a lead for Auburn to catch up.

4* ER Wilky Denaud had a top 2 of FSU and UF but Auburn has now made it a trio. We are in the mix but I'm not comfortable saying we lead necessarily. 

4* ER Keldric Faulk is a favorite of the staff. I seriously can't picture him ending up somewhere else. Feels like a lock to me personally.

4* OT Bo Hughley is an UGA commit and a bit of a mixed bag. There's been times where he seemed like a guaranteed flip. Other times it felt like he is still a Georgia lean. It seems like the kid if conflicted and this will be a signing day decision.

4* TE Jelani Thurman is weird to me. I feel bullish and optimistic. For whatever reason the reporters are being hesitant. His family has connections to Michigan State and that's what a few are watching.

4* DL Rueben Bain is realistically down to Miami and Auburn. Does he want to stay home or come to the plains? He has visited a lot and loves it here.

4* IOL DJ Chester sounded in love with Auburn and has no other visits scheduled anywhere else as of now. He's one to watch.

4* LB Dee Crayton took an official to Clemson. They told him and a few other Linebackers "we only have this many spots take them or leave em" and Crayton bit. You can do that when you've had the run they have had.

4* LB CJ Allen is all Georgia if they'll take him. Thing is he might be 4th or 5th on their board. If the Bulldogs pass on him Auburn is the team to beat.

3* DT Joshua Horton is all Auburn if you ask me. He's toying with the idea of GT and UCF but we're his best offer. The Knights are trying to convince him he'll ride the bench his entire time here. Auburn, honestly, likes his size and potential as a lane clogger. The Tigers would never admit it but it's my suspicion we're pushing hard for him to help our chances with his highly touted teammates.

3* CB Ja'Keem Jackson is interesting. Auburn isn't really leading or trending with any 4* guys but I'm told their evaluations are different than others right now. Tennessee leads for Jackson but Auburn has done well to make it almost a tie. Auburn is young at corner right now so I think the staff is being patient in recruiting the position. They very much want someone 6'2" or taller with top end speed. Jackson fits that mold to a tee.

NR Jacorious Hart doesn't have an Auburn offer yet but it's believed to be on the way. Auburn deserve credit for essentially discovering this kid before anyone else now he's taking off. Long kid with a sub 4.4 40. He's still learning the position though; mostly played linebacker in high school.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Tennessee scares me with Ramil. They seem super confident. Like silent commit confident. Besides that I just hope we have a good July. Land at least another OL and a DL or two. I like this staff's approach with skill players, but this class comes down to the trenches. Need a heavy class on both trenches to fix the depth issues 

• Like 2

Feel like Cobb or James are the names to watch as the next to possibly commit. I hope we get Cobb on board I feel like he’ll end up being the best commit in our class unless we get a 5 star on signing day or something crazy like that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Tennessee scares me with Ramil. They seem super confident. Like silent commit confident. Besides that I just hope we have a good July. Land at least another OL and a DL or two. I like this staff's approach with skill players, but this class comes down to the trenches. Need a heavy class on both trenches to fix the depth issues 

As a UCF grad and casual fan I can't wait for the downfall of Heupel. Those kids are buying into a check he can't cash. Still can't believe the NCAA has done virtually nothing to them after literal McDonald's bags of cash.

Anyways, I know Tenn felt confident but most of that was before his visit to Auburn. Alabama appears to be out of the running for some reason. Ramil would he a huge win for sure.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:28 AM, Potatooooooes!! said:

This is all very encouraging, especially anything concerning the trenches. I hope to read about some commitments soon!

I'm so hungry for some big, good recruiting news, I'm checking several times a day.

I think I have a problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I'm so hungry for some big, good recruiting news, I'm checking several times a day.

I think you'll be rewarded soon from an big time in state recruit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

A RB perhaps?

That's my guess, and I'll be damn excited since he's a stud and we need some good news more than ever. But... I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping it's an OT that we're in a desperate battle with UT for

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, Zeek said:

As a UCF grad and casual fan I can't wait for the downfall of Heupel. Those kids are buying into a check he can't cash. Still can't believe the NCAA has done virtually nothing to them after literal McDonald's bags of cash.

Anyways, I know Tenn felt confident but most of that was before his visit to Auburn. Alabama appears to be out of the running for some reason. Ramil would he a huge win for sure.

I’m so conflicted about the Vols. On one hand, we really don’t need any more competition. On the other hand, I really want to see them climb out of the abyss for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Potatoes agrees you have a problem.lol

• Haha 2