Didba

Per @augolf1716 's request...

Now we wait...

the-dude-abide.gif.aea779ccdb19893b8be851aed86ad54b.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

Silly topic. But anyway, Bo Nix holds the all-time AU record for consecutive passes without an interception, 256. When he did that, he broke his own record.

AU's all time total offense leader and former freshman of the year may not have been wonderful, but he was a lot better than the haters on here want to admit.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Silly topic. But anyway, Bo Nix holds the all-time AU record for consecutive passes without an interception, 256. When he did that, he broke his own record.

AU's all time total offense leader and former freshman of the year may not have been wonderful, but he was a lot better than the haters on here want to admit.

That was quick. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Don’t lie. You’ve been waiting for this thread for months. Enjoy! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Here's the moral of the story. It's hypocritical to say that Bo needed time and coaching but that TJ, ZC, and Ashford should be written off after 1 year. Conversely it's also hypocritical to have called for Bo's benching in the past but say TJ deserves more time and another year.

The likely reality is that neither are/were it for our beloved tigers. If they were, Harsin likely would not have brought in 3 new QB's. It's a changing of the guard at quarterback right now, and neither of the two are likely part of the new guard. Here's to hoping that somebody steps up for us, and that all who have played for us have success. With that said, may the best man win our QB competition, even if that man is true freshman Holden Geriner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL. Can't believe u actually opened this can of worms😁. Im bowing out, yall have at it

Golf's statement when he locked the other thread made me laugh so I had to do what he asked, ya feel? 😂

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Imagine being a starting QB for 3 seasons in 2020 and thinking 6k total yards is somehow impressive.

It's really shocking how poor our passing & receiving stats are as a whole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Hey man I was just doing what Golf asked when I started this thread...

Also, those counting stats don't hold statistical significance, besides "consecutive passed w/o an interception", although it could be argued to be an insignificant counting stat BUT I think its more significant than the other counting stats you have been posting recently so nice job bud, here's a cookie.👏👏👏

thumbs-up-90s.gif.9c83fec62c810071f9df911e9d5e3241.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

That was quick. 

Like flies to vinegar

28 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

ad nauseam

Issa joke

Bo is gone. Like Gus. Gladly would be content if I never heard of either of them again 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Can we have a serious conversation about the greatness of Daniel Cobb?  He used to wear turtlenecks and pleather pants to Highlands back in the day.  Baller

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Can we have a serious conversation about the greatness of Daniel Cobb?  He used to wear turtlenecks and pleather pants to Highlands back in the day.  Baller

LOL  While I can't speak to Cobb's sartorial splendor like you can, I can vouch for Tuberville's decision to swap out Campbell for Cobb against UF in 2001 -- masterstroke.    

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Don't forget about Chris Todd in your unsung AU QBs of the 21st century discussion...

• Like 1

Bo was a highly rated QB out of HS who was and is a good athlete with a solid arm but not an elite arm. There were games where between his passing and his legs he was as good as many hoped and thought he would be. There were also games where he bailed to soon or missed passes that he should have been able to hit.  Bo was put into a bad position one being the son of an Auburn legacy the hype created by his rating out of HS then arrive at Auburn where he had a mediocre O-Line and trying to be a Passing QB in the Malzan offense which did not have a very sophisticated passing tree.  He also did not have great QB coaches. 

With a solid O-Line and the right passing offense Bo may have developed and become what many wanted. Last year he looked better most of the time even though he had one really bad game against a team that we should have crushed.  Because of the O-line he played behind and the offense he ran it is hard to say how good he might have been. Yes he bailed to often but some of that was lack of trust in the O-Line. When his footwork was good he was good when it was bad he was bad.  If I was rating BO I would say C+ or B- based on his performance at Auburn. I never doubted his heart or his effort or his love for Auburn. I wish he had a better O-Line and a better system from the start but because he didn't we will never really know if the Bo we got was as good as he was going to be or if he could have been the elite QB so many wanted him to be.

• Like 4