"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

5 hours ago, Didba said:

There won't be a package for Robby.  Not Harsin's style imo. As for HG, Harsin has started a TF at QB before at Boise but unless HG is clearly beyond a reasonable doubt the next Joe Burrow/Tom Brady, he is getting a redshirt barring injuries.

Like HG would have to be making perfect audibles at the line of scrimmage and doing some next level progression through reads, etc.

I agree. The one thing I will say for HG is that I do think his style of play would translate better in the SEC for a true frosh than Bo's. His style of play just seems inherently less volatile than true frosh Bo, so I could see him possibly having a little more of a higher floor if he's called upon. Or I could be wrong and he'd be a pick machine. But agreed, a RS for him would be best, as tempting as it is

Edited by au302

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Some games Bo sucked. Some games Bo was wonderful.

Bo Jackson didn't suck. He was wonderful.

Did I cover all of our Bo bases? 

Not so fast, my friend. Some may say you don't know Didley.

didley.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Haven't seen much of HG obviously but in my mind I compare him to a Brandon Cox type qb 

it will be really interesting to see how Bo looks and performs at Oregon

If he has the stones that Cox did, we are in for a very successful tenure with him, because he has a lot more physical talent imo

• Like 2

I know it's risky, but Harsin may need to let the QB's be live in a scrimmage or 2. I don't see how you can see game situation improvements any of them have made if they don't go live. If we had an established starter that would be 1 thing. But it's hard to pick a guy, when the rest of the team is playing football and the QB's are playing patty cake

• Like 1

Don’t know what Bo is but that kid he’s supposed to beat out at Oregon had some pretty lofty praise coming out of HS. 

I don’t know why anyone would have real disdain for him honestly. His family had an emotional reply to having their name battered for a year but Nix himself always played hard (sometimes went too hard) for the O&B

• Like 3

20 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I do think Holden at least gets the #2 spot, but I am biased.

Outside of that, if we start losing big time, I could see Harsin getting desperate like Chizik did in his last year and start burning redshirts left and right to try and find some success somewhere.  That is the non-biased side of me seeing how we could see Holden coming in.

Aren't players allowed to play in at least 4 games before they burn their redshirt?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Aren't players allowed to play in at least 4 games before they burn their redshirt?

Yes.  I think we will have a better idea of where this season will turn out before four games to go however.

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yes.  I think we will have a better idea of where this season will turn out before four games to go however.

I agree and I hope we are better prepared than '12 when Chizik had to scramble around to find answers.  

45 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I agree and I hope we are better prepared than '12 when Chizik had to scramble around to find answers.  

I think we are 100% better off than we were in 2012. First, Loeffler and Van Gorder aren't on staff, and second, we probably have at least 2 QB's better fit for our offense than we did in 2012. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Some games Bo sucked. Some games Bo was wonderful.

Bo Jackson didn't suck. He was wonderful.

Did I cover all of our Bo bases? 

Tae Bo?  

Billy Blanks Tae Bo - The Recreationalist

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's going to be funny when the depth chart comes out

It'll on be a  show if TJ is 1st or getting hype from "insider" during fall practice.  Seems like everyone will buy into all the others (ZC was brought in to start, RA is athletic, Everyone lose a TrFr).

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I know it's risky, but Harsin may need to let the QB's be live in a scrimmage or 2. I don't see how you can see game situation improvements any of them have made if they don't go live. If we had an established starter that would be 1 thing. But it's hard to pick a guy, when the rest of the team is playing football and the QB's are playing patty cake

There is near 0 chance they'll like ZC get hit with that surgically repaired shoulder

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is near 0 chance they'll like ZC get hit with that surgically repaired shoulder

Prob. But they won't be able to stop him from getting hit in games. If he is that fragile he won't last long anyway. I get its risky, but Harsins stay at Auburn could hinge on this decision 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It'll on be a  show if TJ is 1st or getting hype from "insider" during fall practice.  Seems like everyone will buy into all the others (ZC was brought in to start, RA is athletic, Everyone lose a TrFr).

Stop with the cursing please

• Sad 1

On 6/22/2022 at 3:02 PM, Didba said:

There won't be a package for Robby.  Not Harsin's style imo. As for HG, Harsin has started a TF at QB before at Boise but unless HG is clearly beyond a reasonable doubt the next Joe Burrow/Tom Brady, he is getting a redshirt barring injuries.

Like HG would have to be making perfect audibles at the line of scrimmage and doing some next level progression through reads, etc.

From what I've heard, Geriner won't be the starter unless injuries happen, and even then it probably wouldn't happen until at least 4 or 5 weeks in, because as you mentioned, he's going to have to learn to go through his reads, and that's not something that can be easily picked up too quickly in a modern college offense.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Prob. But they won't be able to stop him from getting hit in games. If he is that fragile he won't last long anyway. I get its risky, but Harsins stay at Auburn could hinge on this decision 

I don't think Harsin's tenure at Auburn would hinge on him putting his QBs at risk of injury before the season even starts.  He'll have all summer + pre-season practice + a few regular scrimmages and then 2 cupcakes in Mercer/San Jose St to see what he's got to work with.  

18 hours ago, AUx said:

Not so fast, my friend. Some may say you don't know Didley.

didley.webp

I saw him in concert a couple of times but my all time favorite was Chuck Berry I saw him a couple of times. Chuck was the lead for the Rolling Stones at Auburn one year. Stones were scheduled for two concerts I had tickets to the 1st. Stones were very very late so Chuck did one set after the other. When Stones showed up we were a little pissed off at them and the crowd started chanting we want Chuck. Might have pissed off Stones as they were not that good. I heard from friends that went to second concert and heard Stones were great.  

• Like 2