"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

Sometimes I wonder if his name was John Smith rather than Bo Nix how his career at Auburn might have unfolded differently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Sometimes I wonder if his name was John Smith rather than Bo Nix how his career at Auburn might have unfolded differently.

No, none.

The idea that he got some amount of pressure that no other QB gets is absolutely ridiculous. 

Can you fix it to where any time anyone posts anything about Bo, it goes straight to this thread so that it doesn’t clog up every other thread on the board.   It’s crazy that we have so many people on this board that love to talk about Oregon’s back up QB and how much they either love or hate him.    I would much rather leave our other threads to discuss current AU football players.   But that’s just me.  I realize, and have been told, I’m in the minority on this one.   🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Can you fix it to where any time anyone posts anything about Bo, it goes straight to this thread so that it doesn’t clog up every other thread on the board.

I wish............................

Isn't it time to move on from Bo??? Wish him the best and thanks for his effort when he played at Auburn...too many are locked on him...

• Like 1

I will say this agree or disagree regarding Bo. If Bo finished the season we are having totally different conversations this off-season and leave it at that.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mikey said:

Silly topic. But anyway, Bo Nix holds the all-time AU record for consecutive passes without an interception

How many were 3-yard square-outs on 3d-and-7?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:08 AM, DAG said:

Bo is gone. Like Gus. Gladly would be content if I never heard of either of them again 

Apparently they are still living rent free in some peoples mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, au302 said:

Here's the moral of the story. It's hypocritical to say that Bo needed time and coaching but that TJ, ZC, and Ashford should be written off after 1 year. Conversely it's also hypocritical to have called for Bo's benching in the past but say TJ deserves more time and another year.

The likely reality is that neither are/were it for our beloved tigers. If they were, Harsin likely would not have brought in 3 new QB's. It's a changing of the guard at quarterback right now, and neither of the two are likely part of the new guard. Here's to hoping that somebody steps up for us, and that all who have played for us have success. With that said, may the best man win our QB competition, even if that man is true freshman Holden Geriner.

How? Bo had 20+ games under his belt at Auburn before TJ even sniffed Auburn. It's not even remotely hypocritical to see if TJ can do more without calling for his benching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

How? Bo had 20+ games under his belt at Auburn before TJ even sniffed Auburn. It's not even remotely hypocritical to see if TJ can do more without calling for his benching.

I'm just not gonna try and have it both ways on this one. I called for us to move on from Bo after his performance in 2020, so I'm not gonna say that TJ deserves more chances after his performance in 2021. I see your point though

45 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Apparently they are still living rent free in some peoples mind.

Yeah the people bringing him up any chance someone talks positively about the current QB room

59 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Let me ask u this can Auburn afford a wait and see regarding TJ after last season or hope that ZC is the answer.

Regardless of what happened in the past the dynamics are different. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Let me ask u this can Auburn afford a wait and see regarding TJ after last season or hope that ZC is the answer.

Regardless of what happened in the past the dynamics are different. 

That too. Now is not the time to frick around and find out. Maybe if we had won the IB and this staff was not on the hot seat we could do it, but with their seat blazing, risking to see if he's improved that much would imo be an all-time dumb move. It would be the ballsiest move I've seen, but still really stupid, lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

How many were 3-yard square-outs on 3d-and-7?

Who cares what type of passes they were. Other AU QB's threw some 3 yard passes too. None of them had Nix's success in avoiding interceptions.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who cares what type of passes they were. Other AU QB's threw some 3 yard passes too. None of them had Nix's success in avoiding interceptions.

Everyone except you apparently. If a QB throws 500 passes in his career, with 200 being 3 yard quick passes, 200 being some sort of WR/RB screen and the other 100 being passes beyond 10 yards and the QB only throws 25 interceptions with 20 of them being on passes beyond 10 yards it makes the low amount of interceptions on 400 passes that don't require more than one read less significant.  It matters what types of passes are thrown.  Now I don't know Nix's pass percentages and he was always pretty dang good at protecting the ball so its less important for Nix but overall the types of passes thrown are important when analyzing QB stats for any outcome.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Everyone except you apparently. If a QB throws 500 passes in his career, with 200 being 3 yard quick passes, 200 being some sort of WR/RB screen and the other 100 being passes beyond 10 yards and the QB only throws 25 interceptions with 20 of them being on passes beyond 10 yards it makes the low amount of interceptions on 400 passes that don't require more than one read less significant.  It matters what types of passes are thrown.  Now I don't know Nix's pass percentages and he was always pretty dang good at protecting the ball so its less important for Nix but overall the types of passes thrown are important when analyzing QB stats for any outcome.

Except your numbers are total BS and in no way relate to Bo Nix's accomplishment. What are you trying to do, make Nix look bad? Your example is 500 passes and "only" 25 interceptions? Piker! Nix had 628 passes and 16 interceptions and I guarantee you that 80% of his completions weren't the 3 yard types you used in your example.

58 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There should be a forum for those who won't let go and like to live in the past. This whole thread is kind of pathetic.

The problem is everyone wants to compare the two. I get it, as Nix was our QB just last year and Calzada is taking over for him, but it's sorta dumb. If anything, we should probably be comparing Calzada more to Stidham, since they seem to be more similar than Nix/Calzada. And I'm guilty of it too

Edited by au302

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

The problem is everyone wants to compare the two. I get it, as Nix was our QB just last year and Calzada is taking over for him, but it's sorta dumb. If anything, we should probably be comparing Calzada more to Stidham, since they seem to be more similar than Nix/Calzada. And I'm guilty of it too

There's no point in it. Bo is gone and Calzada has never played a down for Auburn in a game. Different coaches and offenses....it's just a chance for posters to take digs at Bo who does not deserve it. He played hard for Auburn and it didn't work out. Move on and just shut up about it. It's so mean spirited. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There's no point in it. Bo is gone and Calzada has never played a down for Auburn in a game. Different coaches and offenses....it's just a chance for posters to take digs at Bo who does not deserve it. He played hard for Auburn and it didn't work out. Move on and just shut up about it. It's so mean spirited. 

As long as it's football criticisms and not personal it's in bounds, but agree it's time to move on. He's gone, and is just another one of our transfers out at the end of the day. Nothing special 

• Like 2