2023 3* CB Jacorious "JC" Hart Commits To Auburn

Zeek

This is called great scouting. Hats off to Zac and Schmed. Now close the deal and don't let another school mooch off our good work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Hart attends the Loachapoka School in Auburn, AL

The Mayor and other good citizens of Loachapoka would take exception to you using the term :" The Loachapoka School in Auburn". :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Mayor and other good citizens of Loachapoka would take exception to you using the term :" The Loachapoka School in Auburn". :)

Shhhhhh... lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Did I read somewhere that he has a 4.2 GPA or something ridiculous like that?

Yup. That has been a theme with a lot of the guys we have been pursuing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6'2" 175 pounds in the 4.4 range in the 40.  This is the type of kid that even though raw can become a very good DB for Auburn.  I expect rating services to start looking at him especially with him having an Auburn offer. I expect him to become a high 3* because of raw talent but will take a year or two of coaching to reach his potential.

• Like 2

Recruiting is a copycat league. Now that Auburn offered everybody else is gone do the same so he won’t be underrated for long. Same thing happened with McCreary coming out. Auburn offered at the last second then he got like a dozen offers the day after Auburn offered 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

6'2" 175 pounds in the 4.4 range in the 40.  This is the type of kid that even though raw can become a very good DB for Auburn.  I expect rating services to start looking at him especially with him having an Auburn offer. I expect him to become a high 3* because of raw talent but will take a year or two of coaching to reach his potential.

Like Iggy 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, au302 said:

This is called great scouting. Hats off to Zac and Schmed. Now close the deal and don't let another school mooch off our good work

This isn't great scouting. They didn't just find him on some other random tape or anything. 

Showing up to a camp and having D1 measureables/athleticism will automatically get you talked about. Having the fit and being smart almost guarantee you an offer for any school in Auburn position or worse. 

Wile this is much more rare now, a very large number of big time recruits have been discovered this way even as recent as 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 3* CB Jacorious "JC" Hart
On 7/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, GunsmithAU said:

This isn't great scouting. They didn't just find him on some other random tape or anything. 

Showing up to a camp and having D1 measureables/athleticism will automatically get you talked about. Having the fit and being smart almost guarantee you an offer for any school in Auburn position or worse. 

Wile this is much more rare now, a very large number of big time recruits have been discovered this way even as recent as 10 years ago. 

Extending offers based on camp performance is something I remember Tubs and Co. doing a lot - seeing them in person and being able to evaluate meant a lot more to that staff. Chizik did the same but there weren’t as many of those because that staff aimed higher and could reel in some 4* and 5* with regularity. I don’t mind the strategy one bit, especially with a 6’2 potential corner who runs a 4.4 or faster.

• Like 1

Mikey is gonna be sick about this one 

What's to be sick about? If we lose a Lee County kid to one of our three main competitors for Hart (Vandy, UCF, Mizzou) then THAT would be something to be sick about.

• Haha 1

What's to be sick about? If we lose a Lee County kid to one of our three main competitors for Hart (Vandy, UCF, Mizzou) then THAT would be something to be sick about.

Is that sick as in pucking kinda sick or sic as in a good thing, I think that's the slang... 

sick as in some people support Gus Malzahn more than Auburn 

Or it could be sick that some people hate Gus Malzahn more than they care about Auburn. The guy is gone. I never think about him until I come here and see some goofball blaming Gus for Harsin's bungling.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Or it could be sick that some people hate Gus Malzahn more than they care about Auburn. The guy is gone. I never think about him until I come here and see some goofball blaming Gus for Harsin's bungling.

Hey, the only person on the board that can call people names is Golf

Hey, the only person on the board that can call people names is Golf

Really numnuts..................said with peace and shut the hell up...😁

Decision day for Jacorious Hart, Auburn DB target

JCHart1200-1 Jacorious Hart announces his decision Friday. (Jeffrey Lee, On3)

Three-star corner Jacorious Hart of Loachapoka (Ala.) is one of the top remaining uncommitted 2023 defensive targets on the Auburn recruiting board. And Friday, he will make one college program and its fan base very happy.

That’s the day Hart will announce his commitment selection.

Auburn, UCF, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are the finalists.

As his decision nears, the Auburn Tigers have surged to a commanding lead in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

Here’s a quick preview of Hart’s commit announcement:

TIME: 5:30 p.m. CT

HOW: Hart will announce his choice in a ceremony at his school. Auburn Live will live blog the event.

Hart is a 3-star corner from Alabama

RANKING/RATING: Hart, who is 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, is the No. 72 corner in the country for the On3 Consensus. He checks in as the No. 29 recruit in the state of Alabama and is No. 724 nationally. Hart holds an 86.67 On3 Consensus rating.

NIL VALUATION: Hart has an On3 NIL Valuation of $15.9K. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

THE 411: Hart really burst onto the scene when he camped at Auburn on June 10. At that point, he had 20 offers but still wasn’t a well-known recruit.

But that day, he not only posted a blazing 40-yard dash time of 4.37 seconds but earned defensive back MVP honors.

Auburn did not immediately offer and soon after Hart camped at UCF. There, he ran a 4.39 and left for home with an offer from the Knights.

Two weeks later, it was Auburn’s turn to offer. It came during another Hart visit to the school. From that point on, the Tigers were all in, led by secondary coach Zac Etheridge.

Auburn knocked it out of the park during Big Cat

Hart later returned to Auburn in late July for Big Cat Weekend. After that event, optimism ran high with the Tigers — and even a few recruits told us privately Auburn was in great shape to land him. The Tigers had hoped to get Hart at Big Cat and while that didn’t happen they exited the event in better shape than before.

Meanwhile, Hart also visited UCF again and the Knights have pushed extremely hard to get him. Leading the charge: UCF secondary coach Addison Williams, a former Auburn analyst. 

Aug. 1, West Virginia officially offered. 

Two days later, Hart named his final four.

RECRUITING PREDICTION MACHINE: The RPM favors Auburn big (98.6%).

IF AUBURN LANDS HIM: It would give the Tigers commitment No. 7 in the 2023 class — the first since Aug. 3 (edge Ashley Williams). Auburn currently has the No. 46 recruiting class in the country.

WHY IT COULD BE AUBURN: Relationships, proximity to home.

WHY IT COULD BE SOMEONE ELSE: It would be a major curveball if he didn’t pick Auburn, but Hart did take two visits to UCF and his bond with Williams is strong.

OUR PICK: Auburn. All the signs point to the Tigers as Hart’s announcement approaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be flat out shocked if he doesn't commit to Auburn. And, considering his measurables, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him be given a fourth star before too long. Maybe not, I dunno, but I really don't care what he's ranked. With that size/speed combination, there's no doubt that the potential is real.

• Like 2