2023 3* CB Jacorious "JC" Hart Commits To Auburn

Zeek

I would be flat out shocked if he doesn't commit to Auburn. And, considering his measurables, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him be given a fourth star before too long. Maybe not, I dunno, but I really don't care what he's ranked. With that size/speed combination, there's no doubt that the potential is real.

Not only is the potential real with height and speed the fact that he won MVP at the camp means he must have loose hips and ability to track the ball.  He will just need coaching to develop which we can give him.

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 3* CB Jacorious "JC" Hart || Commitment Watch 5:30 PM CST
  • Zeek pinned this topic

AF7AD31E-48F6-4354-8AD7-B7462BA0CEBF.png

• Like 3

Loachapoka star JC Hart commits to his dream school: Auburn

81 seconds ago

Auburn fall camp: QBs throw into 1-on-1 coverage

JC Hart grew up driving past Jordan-Hare wanting to be an Auburn Tiger.

Now, he is one. 

On Friday he committed to Auburn, choosing the Tigers over Mississippi State, Vanderbilt and UCF. Hart announced his decision at his school, Loachapoka high school, just a short 12-minute drive from Auburn's campus.

"I’m very excited," Hart told Auburn Undercover. "It’s been a long ride, but it’s here, so I’m very excited."

Growing up just down the road from Auburn, Hart described it as his dream school.

"Anything you put your mind to, you can accomplish it," Hart said.

Hart, a 3-star cornerback in the 247Sports Composite, is the No. 887 player, No. 85 cornerback and No. 33 player in the state of Alabama. Hart is the first player out of Loachapoka to commit to Auburn since Montavis Pitts in 2002.

Getting to this day and getting that ranking wasn't easy, though. Playing at Loachapoka, a 1A school, Hart attended camps to get his name out and rise up the ranks. Did he ever believe this day would come and he'd be able to commit to Auburn?

"No, I did not," Hart said.

But Hart's hard work paid off.

"It’s very crazy," Hart said with a smile. "It’s crazy."

Camping at Auburn back in June of 2021, Hart shined and started to build a relationship with Auburn secondary coach Zac Etheridge. At the time, he had just gotten his first offer from UAB. Now he has 20-plus offers. With an over 4.0 GPA at Loachapoka, Hart holds some illustrious offers from the likes of Yale, Penn and Dartmouth.

Staying close to home and playing under Etheridge is his choice, though.

"He’s really cool," Hart said. "How real he is (stands out)."

Etheridge wasn't the only coach that played a factor in Hart's decision. 

The late Jeff Klein, a former Auburn quarterback, also impacted Hart. Klein was Loachapoka's offensive coordinator and head baseball coach before passing away at the age of 43 in April. Klein took Hart to Auburn camps and was always in his ear about going to Auburn.

"He really wanted me to come here," Hart said. "He’s a major product in all of this, too. Cause I know he really wanted me to go to Auburn. He even told me like, if I get an Auburn offer, go."

Hart became Auburn's seventh commitment on Friday, fulfilling Klein's wish.

Playing cornerback and receiver for Loachapoka, part of what's made him so attractive to schools is his rare mix of size and speed for his position. At 6-foot-2, 175 pounds, Hart has a big frame for a corner and ran a blistering 4.37 40-yard dash at Auburn's camp in June.

Hart is Auburn's second commit in the defensive backfield, joining 4-star safety Terrance Love. How many more cornerbacks Auburn brings with Hart could depend on the season. The only senior on roster is Nehemiah Pritchett, but he could return with his Covid year of eligibility. Jaylin Simpson, going into his junior season, is viewed as a fringe candidate to depart for the NFL if he has a good season. Behind Pritchett and Simpson are D.J. James, who is a junior, and underclassmen J.D. Rhym, Keionte Scott, Austin Ausberry and A.D. Diamond.

If Hart is one of the few cornerbacks Auburn brings in this class, what is it getting in Hart?

"(A) big-time player," Hart said.

• Like 2

Low profile and super high ceiling! I feel like this one is going to do big things at AU. And always good to get a 4.0 GPA kid. 

• Like 3

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2023 3* CB Jacorious "JC" Hart Commits To Auburn

Great pickup 3* with a huge upside. If you are taking 3*s this is the type you take. War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1

Low profile and super high ceiling! I feel like this one is going to do big things at AU. And always good to get a 4.0 GPA kid. 

Just screams Auburn prototype on defense doesn't he?

• Like 1

Do not follow anything about tape nowadays, but how a guy who’s 6’2 running a 4.3 “earned” a 3 star is beyond me 

He plays at a 1A school and is only an incoming junior. His rating will go up with a good junior season

So is he in 23 or 24 class?

I hope the emotion he showed in his commitment video shows up on the field! WDE

He's about as good of a person as you can recruit. 4.2 GPA. Already has several college credits behind him. Drum major for the school before football. I think he may also be president of the student body, but don't quote me on that one. Pretty telling when literally the entire town of Loachapoka leaves work to run to the school for the ceremony.

Gets really emotional when you think of Jeff Klein in all this. As one of his teachers said at the ceremony, he was smiling down wide yesterday. Not a better person that he helped mold than JC Hart to represent his legacy at AU. Special, special stuff.

• Like 8

The '24 class CB Lane (from Alabaster/Moody) is a 4*. But he played at perennial 7A champs Thompson last year so he had the exposure. He also has blazing speed but I think he is a shorter more compact CB. Lane and Hart may be the future. I like seeing Alabama kids like McCreary back there. They usually don't have the high rankings of Georgia and Florida kids, unless you play for  a program like Thompson.

Etheridge is making a difference in DB recruiting.

• Like 2