Null

MLB Draft & Returnees

54 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Realistically who are we going to be able to get back off this team and who is expected to go in the draft?

Does Sonny have his Covid year left? 

Has Sheehan exhausted his eligibility?

Barnett, Sonny, and Bright are gonna be the top Auburn guys. Peirce, Howell, Rambo and Moore could go either way.

Sheehan, Brooks Carlson, Wyandt, Drabick and Farquhar ran out of eligiblity.

Sonny has a COVID year left. However it is in his best interest to go because MLB doesn't have fixed draft slot bonuses. Teams are notorious for giving 1-20K to seniors when the draft slot is in 200-600 K range. He can improve his draft position but it will cost Sonny a lot of money.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's a senior, age 23. He may be ready to get on with life, whether it involves baseball or not.

Yeah that's understandable. Judd wanted to move on with life too, although it was said it was going to be a lot of rehab for both his damaged shoulders if he wanted to return. I hope Howell gets a look.

Skipper's post looks like a good bye to Auburn whereas Brody's post is a testing of the waters for the MLB draft. Also Granzow apparently removed the mention of Auburn baseball on his Instagram bio so I think he's gone. Granzow was gonna try to do football and baseball, which would have made him a walk on for Auburn, but football didn't work out and since he's from Tennessee, paying that much for out of state tuition as a walk on without a significant role doesn't surprise me if he wants to leave.

Fuller announced he won't be returning and will be focused on his moving company Room2Room Movers. They've done NIL deals with a few athletes but none on the baseball team for what I assume to be avoidance of conflict of interest. So I imagine his company will get some baseball guys on NIL deals with his company soon.

• Like 2

Apparently Caldwell said Sheehan can return for a sixth year. I assume one of his ND years he got a medical redshirt for. If he returns I can see him being Bailey Horn-lite. Maybe not quite the velo/starter Horn could be but definitely a valuable pitcher who came off of partial Tommy John and I kinda see Isbell in the same light.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

ok i am confused. does sonny leave or does he stay for another year?

Most likely leaves barring medicals going awry. He loses monetary leverage if he stays another year unless he gets evaluated like Mark Appel.

• Like 2