If America did Split, would you move?

DKW 86

If America did split into two nations, loosely along the lines of the last presidential elections: the Coasts = Liberal America, The Central Plains = Conservative America 

Would you move? Where would you want to live? 

I think that we will settle into a legislated 15 Week Abortion Law at some point.
But if we start to move back on Inter Racial Marriage, Gay Lifestyle, and Gay Marriage I cannot support that. 

The divide isn't that stark. We're not talking state vs state. It's urban vs rural. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If America did split into two nations, loosely along the lines of the last presidential elections: the Coasts = Liberal America, The Central Plains = Conservative America 

Would you move? Where would you want to live? 

I think that we will settle into a legislated 15 Week Abortion Law at some point.
But if we start to move back on Inter Racial Marriage, Gay Lifestyle, and Gay Marriage I cannot support that. 

FL hopefully would stay Conservative. Def the panhandle. Libs can have south FL.  Don't want to move from here.

I hope the abortion issue stays at the states.

Interracial marriage and gay marriage in my mind are completely different. Interracial marriage to me is totally legitimate for all time since the beginning of time. Ordained and approved by God.  Gay marriage/lifestyle not so much a God is pretty clear about His position on that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Gay marriage/lifestyle not so much a God is pretty clear about His position on that.

Not really.  In fact, not at all. 

Only the church's position is clear.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Not really.  In fact, not at all. 

Only the church's position is clear.

Sorry I forgot that you don't accept the Bible as God's Word. For me, in fact, yes it is clear. For you it is not clear. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Sorry I forgot that you don't accept the Bible as God's Word. For me, in fact, yes it is clear. For you it is not clear. 

I think you may have substituted the bible for a relationship with Jesus.  Jesus is the word (yes, that is biblical). 

If the balkanization starts, I'll gladly start Gunsmithlandia. Be done with both sides of the same s***ty coin. Anyone who hates the coercive state can be allies. 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

The divide isn't that stark. We're not talking state vs state. It's urban vs rural. 

And  the Woke and Left coasts of America.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

I am not too worried about the split on these terms.  It will only take a generation or two before all the babies will be aborted and the *males and females* will be sterile and the whole woke and left culture will die out.  I’m actually for it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The problem with this, is that there are pretty proven issues with translations over the thousands of years the Bible before the printing press, plus there's the whole issue of the Constantinople meetings where they decided what was and was not canon.

I've read articles with pretty solid sources that the parts of the Bible referring to homosexuality were mistranslated from talking about men with boys to men with men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I am not too worried about the split on these terms.  It will only take a generation or two before all the babies will be aborted and the *males and females* will be sterile and the whole woke and left culture will die out.  I’m actually for it.

I'm glad you are joking cuz if not I'd be seriously worried 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

FL hopefully would stay Conservative. Def the panhandle. Libs can have south FL.  Don't want to move from here.

I hope the abortion issue stays at the states.

Interracial marriage and gay marriage in my mind are completely different. Interracial marriage to me is totally legitimate for all time since the beginning of time. Ordained and approved by God.  Gay marriage/lifestyle not so much a God is pretty clear about His position on that.

Good thing marriage isn't a religious institution in the eyes of the government. It's a fundamental right that has a basis in equal protections and due process.  Though with this court none of that really matters anymore. They will overturn anything no matter how solid the jurisprudence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

You do know there's a ton of rural, Republicans living on the west coast right?

• Like 1

I believe it will be four to six provincial governments with a central alliance to provide protection/defense. 

4 hours ago, Didba said:

You do know there's a ton of rural, Republicans living on the west coast right?

Yes, in the 3 states , but away from the coast mainly.

The fact that these conversations are occurring, becoming more mainstream, and on both sides of the aisle is very concerning.  

To answer the question in the OP, yes, absolutely.  East / West or North / South - just let me know which side the conservatives are on.   

Another option I heard that is kind of interesting, and came to mind when I read the “urban vs rural” comment above.  What if we just took the 20 or so largest rural areas and a segment of the suburbs around them and let them become independent “city states”  to be as liberal as they’d like.  We can share national defense costs, normalize trade relations, and even allow people to pass back and forth freely (just follow the rules for the side you are visiting).  I think this would be a lot less painful, destructive, etc.  watching a nation disintegrate is ugly.  And although I strongly disagree with many liberal viewpoints I certainly don’t want to see our nation destroyed.  

Of course, IMO, the simplest answer is to return as much autonomy back to state governments and reduce the federal government back to its original role.  

6 hours ago, Didba said:

The problem with this, is that there are pretty proven issues with translations over the thousands of years the Bible before the printing press, plus there's the whole issue of the Constantinople meetings where they decided what was and was not canon.

I've read articles with pretty solid sources that the parts of the Bible referring to homosexuality were mistranslated from talking about men with boys to men with men.

Yes, the majority of ancient language scholars say the words do not translate to homosexual.  The closest meaning they give is male prostitution.

I think this is a serious issue...I honestly feel we closer than what's presented.........I think a good example is abortion....I think 90% of us understand the conundrum....its sorta ridiculous that....pro choice  gets purposely side tracked to "pro killing babies"...then pro life means.."anti women's rights"....are we solving issues, or making cases against the opposing partys??....

5 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I think this is a serious issue...I honestly feel we closer than what's presented.........I think a good example is abortion....I think 90% of us understand the conundrum....its sorta ridiculous that....pro choice  gets purposely side tracked to "pro killing babies"...then pro life means.."anti women's rights"....are we solving issues, or making cases against the opposing partys??....

Much too often the answer is the later versus the former.  As odd as it is though, I think the abortion issue is one of the “easier” topics to find a majority consensus on.   The problem isn’t on just one or two issues however, it seems to be on just about everything.   Maybe that’s by design?   I think the root differences to me seem to be the left prefers centralized authority where the right prefers decentralized authority (state and individual rights) but that’s just my perspective.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I am an active Christian Male. Believe in caring for family, elders, and the young. Abortion thru 15 weeks, and exceptions reasonable people state is okay with me. 

What I don’t want any part of is living in a land where the Southern Baptists Pharisees and the AOG Zealots run everything. NO THANK YOU. I am not going back to live in culture I was freed from. **** THAT. 

Edited by DKW 86

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I believe it will be four to six provincial governments with a central alliance to provide protection/defense. 

It’s hard to ally with folks one thinks are too evil to coexist with. That’s the view driving this divide. Don’t assume we would get along as neighbors in this scenario, especially with the pending water crisis.

• Like 1

IF the USA breaks up, there may be little keeping places like Alabama and West Virginia from becoming very right wing. It would be interesting to see what would happen in Texas if the state Republicans can no longer blame Washington and are expected to make things work in a state with blue cities driving the economic engine. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I think you may have substituted the bible for a relationship with Jesus.  Jesus is the word (yes, that is biblical). 

No one is more dangerous than someone who claims to know the mind of God.

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

Much too often the answer is the later versus the former.  As odd as it is though, I think the abortion issue is one of the “easier” topics to find a majority consensus on.   The problem isn’t on just one or two issues however, it seems to be on just about everything.   Maybe that’s by design?   I think the root differences to me seem to be the left prefers centralized authority where the right prefers decentralized authority (state and individual rights) but that’s just my perspective.  

BS. 

You've got it exactly backwards.

The left prefers individual authority (choice, gay marriage, etc.) while the right prefers authoritarian/institutional authority.

Just look at what's happening.  The right is is trying to reign in personal freedoms and restrict rights.

Edited by homersapien