War Rapport : Zach Calzada interview

WFE12

I really like this dude. Great attitude.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2

The thing I liked about that interview was the section on the Arkansas 3 5 3 defense where he admitted it flustered him and it was his fault but then came back and said how much he has studied film and wants somebody else to throw a 3 5 3 against him. I also like how much he talked about working hard. Time will tell but I think he will be very solid this year and I also think out receivers may surprise some people. I think it will come down to O-Line. I really wanted to see who our starters on O-Line will be by the time we play Penn State. I am hoping some new faces have beaten out some of our starters from last year.

• Like 4

He'll start.  Has the "it" factor...at least when he talks.

Edited by kennypowers

Man that was great. Hopefully we will have at least competent OL play and give him or TJ a chance back there. 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think it will come down to O-Line. I really wanted to see who our starters on O-Line will be by the time we play Penn State. I am hoping some new faces have beaten out some of our starters from last year.

There's only one new face on the O-line, freshman Eston Harris from Auburn high school. He'll be a busy guy if he replaces three or four starters. :)

• Like 1

This was very enjoyable. I thought ZC was a quiet guy, but damn, he is the funniest QB we've had since Cam. Dude's hilarious. When he said Council is the slowest guy on the team and no way anyone could be slower I lol'd

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

There's only one new face on the O-line, freshman Eston Harris from Auburn high school. He'll be a busy guy if he replaces three or four starters. :)

When I said new faces I didn't mean just freshmen.  Guys like Smith, Langlo, Jernigan and Harris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When I said new faces I didn't mean just freshmen.  Guys like Smith, Langlo, Jernigan and Harris

Lotta chat that Stutts is pushing hard for that LG spot. Anyone can be better than Council. An interesting OL that I'd personally like to see would be Z/Trox/Brahms/Jones/Coffey. Feel like that could be our highest upside OL, but Coffey just can't seem to put it together 

21 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Man that was great. Hopefully we will have at least competent OL play and give him or TJ a chance back there. 

Yeah, ZC doesn't need to be rushed too much.  He needs time to process and make solid decisions behind the line - and he'll need a solid run game to takt the pressure off. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:31 PM, kennypowers said:

He'll start.  Has the "it" factor...at least when he talks.

I think he has the best experience. TJ has been in SEC games but overall was not successful. I think it will come down to ZC and RA for the starting job. 

57 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I think he has the best experience. TJ has been in SEC games but overall was not successful. I think it will come down to ZC and RA for the starting job. 

That's what I've been hearing is looking likely, based upon performance in the skeletons. Geriner is good, but green. Calzada has a huge arm. Ashford is "freakish" athletically. Finley is still a step or two behind the rest.

• Like 2