USC and UCLA possible move to Big Ten

Maverick.AU

• Maverick.AU changed the title to USC and UCLA possible move to Big Ten

Can we finally get rid of the name Big Ten when this happens? 

The worst thing about these realignments are that it makes traveling to away games next to impossible for many. 

• Like 2

Mentioned in other thread. Sure hope we get our new players sooner than 2025. A little peeved we started this deal and benefit from it last as it currently sits lol. 

I had forgotten about the "alliance" that the PAC 12, Big 10 and Big 12 formed after Texas and Oklahoma decided to leave. So much for not poaching the alliance. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I had forgotten about the "alliance" that the PAC 12, Big 10 and Big 12 formed after Texas and Oklahoma decided to leave. So much for not poaching the alliance. 

The alliance was nothing but smoke/crap had no real teeth Pac 12 commish screwed up

Gotta wonder what the ACC is going to do. So far, the premier teams (Clemson, FSU, Miami) have stuck butt in the acc conference. but obviously, the ACC will not be able to compete with the new Big 10 and SEC. Maybe not even with the new Big 12.

ACC is in a world of hurtin' right now.

I bet the ACC and Pac-12 (I think?) are kicking themselves now for not taking the chance to expand the playoffs and get automatic bids. I think if they'd taken that deal we wouldn't be here.

Notre Dame is next.. and then Stanford, Oregon, and Washington. Hopefully, Cal will find a way to join them....

• Like 1

Honestly the Big12 and Pac10 need to just merge and add Boise and San Diego St. Create their own super. I think we are heading to 24 on the others as well.  ACC split, SE teams of ACC to SEC and NE teams to Big. Not all but the major players. 

This is pretty close but they have SMU and Louisville.  That could work too for balance. I actually like this conference.  A lot of good players with a few elites.

FWiG_tXX0AAT8Te.jpg

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

You can kinda see the split.  I prefer to keep the Virginia schools and maybe give 2NC schools to big 10. Virginia could fit well with either IMO and WF seems more suited to BIg10. Idk but it's a visual.  BIg would have to add 1 more somewhere.  They should pick up Navy since they are in the same footprint with history with some of those teams. 

2022-ACC-Map.jpg

The split line is Virginia/ NC border

It's a shame there is really not enough players out there to make a competitive 4th conference. You can get another 24 solid teams amongst Sunbelt, Conf USA, AAC but they would never be on same level.  That being said, I love what the Sunbelt has done recently with their additions.  They have had the most promise to get close to that level with up and coming power teams but need time and money to get there which is now going to be harder to come by. If they could have run with this conference 5 years or so with the current setup and maybe expanded playoff, could have been interesting.  Appalachian St, Coastal Carolina, UL Lafayette, Troy, Southern Miss, James Madison etc. Anyways just Sunday thoughts lol

Notre Dame is the next big one Big Ten will wait on them to make a decision then Oregon and Wash will have to go somewhere. I just don't see Oregon staying in what could be the new Pac 12. Nike money speaks......like I've been saying for a long time two Super Conferences imo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Notre Dame is the next big one Big Ten will wait on them to make a decision then Oregon and Wash will have to go somewhere. I just don't see Oregon staying in what could be the new Pac 12. Nike money speaks......like I've been saying for a long time two Super Conferences imo

I think USC being in Big 10 now makes it much more attainable to get ND. Much of the reason to be independent was their desire to maintain rivals like USC. Now they are also in Big10. Just makes too much sense now.  Afraid ND is waiting for playoff decisions, or they'd like to.  They may realize they do not have the time to figure out if they can still have playoff access without fully committing to a conference.  Right now they have it with ACC agreement. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Cross conference games will probably go away in order to add more in conference games I bet.

Probably why some additions are keeping rivals in mind.  Not the only reason of course, but 2 fold benefits like USC being a rival of Notre to entice them to come onboard. Adding Clemson benefits SC in ours as we know. 

• Like 1