2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb COMMITS TO AU

Zeek

Fingers crossed. My guess is Auburn gets its third commitment in thus class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb [Commitment Watch: 12 CST]

Since it’s Caddy recruiting, I expect Cobb to commit to us. Caddy one of the only few coaches on staff who actually get results

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours and 20 minutes

(Side note it's my birthday so Cobb owes me)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

🎂

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day (hope AU does too).

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

Happy Birthday someday you'll catch up to me

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A commitment here would certainly feel good. 

Agreed. I think sometimes we get too worried about the class overall and don't appreciate who we do get.

4* IOL Bradyn Joiner has legitimate upside to be an SEC center.

4* DB Terrance Love was our #1 DB on the board and could legitimately contribute in the two deep his freshman year.

Cobb is the best running back and the state and the #1 RB on Caddy's board.

• Like 3

Happy birthday zeek. Have my fingers crossed that Mr. Cobb commits to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

Happy birthday, kid! And you should feel pretty good about getting a present here in a few minutes...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Since it’s Caddy recruiting, I expect Cobb to commit to us. Caddy one of the only few coaches on staff who actually get results

Caddy, Zac, CRob, and Bedell. Hoping Ike can join the ranks there soon. Hars as well, as he closed on his QB last year but seems to be struggling this year with closing on his guy. Our issue is that our 3 weakest recruiters seem to be at OL, DL, and EDGE. Can't have that.

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb COMMITS TO AU
5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We move up from 83rd to 74th passing App State, FAU, Arizona State, UTSA, Coastal Carolina, Southern Miss, Temple, Syracus, and Liberty.

Suck it Liberty and coach Freeze.

DAng we still don't pass anymore SEC teams...so we are still last in SEC, right? :)

Baby steps guys...as long as they are forward...we have a chance ....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

DAng we still don't pass anymore SEC teams...so we are still last in SEC, right? :)

Baby steps guys...as long as they are forward...we have a chance ....

Agreed. The more kids committed the more others tune out all the noise and start buying in to the program. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I hope this begins to move the needle a little bit in the positive direction! WDE!!

Sometimes all you need is a little push. And imagine the momentum we'll have when we're rolling into Athens on a 5-win streak.

Bluey is coming back for this one!

C0DA8204-CA85-4BC4-9261-4DDEDB4B95E5.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Auburn lands commitment from top running back target Jeremiah Cobb

34 minutes ago

Auburn's top running back target is on board. Jeremiah Cobb, a 4-star running back out of Montgomery Catholic, announced his commitment to Auburn on Friday. Auburn beat out Clemson and Tennessee for Cobb's commitment.

“I really like it, too,” Cobb said about Auburn. “Everything’s perfect. They’re trying to rebuild Auburn and make it better and back to where it was. I love it.”

Running back coach Carnell "Cadillac" Williams has prioritized Cobb for a while, and it's now paid off. Cobb visited Auburn over five different times since last November, including an official visit in June that sealed the deal.

"Oh I love him," Cobb said about Williams. "He’s awesome, he’s one of my favorites on the staff. He just treats me so right, he’s awesome."

The past two seasons at Montgomery Catholic Cobb put up some eye-popping stats. In a combined 426 rushing attempts, Cobb put up 4,176 yards (9.8 yards per carry), with 48 touchdowns. Cobb also caught 34 passes for 752 yards and two touchdowns. 

Cobb is the No. 207 overall player in the 247Sports Composite rankings, checking in as the No. 8 running back and the No. 18 player in the state of Alabama.

What was it that steered Cobb to Auburn?

“Definitely the family here," Cobb said. "And definitely the atmosphere and how much love they have for all their players and all that.”

While it's possible Tank Bigsby is still around after this season, most signs point towards him entering the NFL Draft at the conclusion of his junior season. Once that happens, Auburn will have Jarquez Hunter, Damari Alston, Sean Jackson and now Cobb. A second running back is an option for Auburn in this class, but Cobb is No. 1 at the position.

Auburn now has three commitments in the Class of 2023, joining 4-star safety Terrance Love and 4-star offensive lineman Bradyn Joiner. Next up on the docket is 4-star edge Keldric Faulk out of Highland Home, who will decide between Auburn, Florida State, Clemson and Florida on July 5.

Outside of football Cobb also runs track for Montgomery Catholic, with an 11.15 100 and 23.27 200 as a junior. As a sophomore, his fastest 100 times were 10.88, 10.96 and 11.05 seconds.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Bluey is coming back for this one!

C0DA8204-CA85-4BC4-9261-4DDEDB4B95E5.png

I don't think Bluey will have to wait so long for the next one!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

How did this happen? I thought these guys sucked and couldn't close it out?

Caddy built different 

• Like 5