2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb COMMITS TO AU

Zeek

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

(Side note it's my birthday so Cobb owes me)

Happy Birthday Zeek! 

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the decision...now start working on the others in the area to come and join you....WDE

50 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

How did this happen? I thought these guys sucked and couldn't close it out?

Congrats, we're absolutely killing it.  You're right

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

He reminds me of Eddie George

How did you come to this comparison?  They seems like pretty different RBs, especially size wise.

I'll be interested to see how he's used and what type of RB he's complemented with.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How did you come to this comparison?  They seems like pretty different RBs, especially size wise.

I'll be interested to see how he's used and what type of RB he's complemented with.

Cobb is an every down back IMO. Downhill runner with speed and agility who can also catch 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Congrats, we're absolutely killing it.  You're right

Being 74th in the nation aint easy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

War Eagle and Welcome aboard now lets go get some more.

Great vision.  Shifty hips.  Power.   Top end speed.  Quickness.   This young Tiger looks like another in a long line of great AU backs.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

How did this happen? I thought these guys sucked and couldn't close it out?

They do. Except for Caddy and maybe Zak.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Eddie George is in fact a massive sonofagun. Saw him while I was working at the water park. Cool guy.

• Like 1

The staff very much wants to take a second running back in this class. Now that Cobb is on board look for some more names to pop up. UCLA commit Roderick Robinson II is still being pursued. 

It is my understanding we want to add a "thumper" to compliment Cobb's elusive/speedy style.

Cobb has earned a special place with me. No one seems to want to come here with the uncertainty. They all have one foot in and are waiting to see, and I don't blame guys for that. But the fact that Cobb was willing to move up his commitment and go all in to get us some stability is pretty special imo. He's earned a lot of respect from me, and I can't wait to watch him. Dude is a baller guys. Our RB room is getting deeper and deeper each year. War Eagle, Jeremiah. 

In other news some cryptic tweets from Etheridge towards Trovon, Uscher, and Ruzic. Recruiting is so up and down, lol, and this staff doesn't help by how silently they work on it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

He reminds me of Eddie George. 

Huh? You mean the guy from Ohio State who shouldn't have won the Heisman over Tommy Frazier in 95? He's got 4 or 5 inches on Cobb, doesn't he? 

I will say that JC appears to have great vision as a runner. When I was in school, Catholic was 3A, but since my old school is now 5A, I don't know if Catholic has moved up any. I'm hesitant to sing Cobb's praises *too* much, because the level of competition doesn't appear to be up there with Prattville and Stanhope (which, for those who aren't from central Alabama, both schools are generally in the highest classification, and both tend to do pretty well), but averaging just under 10 yards a carry for two seasons is pretty impressive, regardless.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

3 hours and 20 minutes

(Side note it's my birthday so Cobb owes me)

Happy birthday buddy.  I hope 73 treats you well.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Decent pick up I believe he let Caddy know a few weeks ago

Article ON3 said that the coaches were freaking out the last few days because they hadn’t heard from him, and then Cobb called an hour before. Don’t know how true.

Edited by toddc

29 minutes ago, toddc said:

Article ON3 said that the coaches were freaking out the last few days because they hadn’t heard from him, and then Cobb called an hour before. Don’t know how true.

I was told he let coaches know about two weeks ago but with 17 year old's who knows. At least he's committed know just got to get him signed now

• Like 1

Finally!!!!!! Hopefully this a start to more good news on the recruiting trail.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Eddie George is in fact a massive sonofagun. Saw him while I was working at the water park. Cool guy.

Isn’t Eddie 6’3”?

39 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Isn’t Eddie 6’3”?

Correct. Might be on the top of that measurement.

Both Eddie George and Jeremiah Cobb were/are running backs so they have that much in common.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

PalatableBrownBluebird-max-1mb.gif

brady.gif.35d13da099da0b2219b702aa72934daa.gif