2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb COMMITS TO AU

Zeek

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Coaches Freeze and Williams meeting with Jeremiah Cobb at Derks in Montgomery

3F83277A-BBB2-42B1-B27A-241655CD5EB3.jpeg

Looks like the picture was taken over the shoulder of Gus Malzahn.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Coaches Freeze and Williams meeting with Jeremiah Cobb at Derks in Montgomery

3F83277A-BBB2-42B1-B27A-241655CD5EB3.jpeg

We need a moniker for Freeze and Cadillac, the dynamic duo. Those two are going to do great things!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

We need a moniker for Freeze and Cadillac, the dynamic duo. Those two are going to do great things!

image.gif.94d2f4ff827628532c7e424f5fec7cb6.gif

Hopefully not terrible, but the way you phrased that made me think of this. 😀

I

While we were all focused on the portal, Cobb has moved up significantly in the rankings to #63 overall and the #2 APB in this class. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

While we were all focused on the portal, Cobb has moved up significantly in the rankings to #63 overall and the #2 APB in this class. 

Which means he gone- hello thUGA

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

Jeremiah Cobb reaffirms commitment to Tigers (12/8):

The most highly-ranked recruit on the Tigers’ 2023 roster so far is running back Jeremiah Cobb out of Montgomery Catholic. The 4-star is the #152 overall prospect and the #5 running back in the recruiting class of 2023, and is the #14 recruit out of the state of Alabama.

The running back has a close relationship with Cadillac Williams, and the assurance that Williams would still be on the Plains in 2023 was a big deal to Cobb although the new staff members worked hard to express to him that he is still a major priority for the program, per Auburn Live:

“He came down to visit and he said I was his first person to come see,” Cobb said. “He said that I was just a big priority for the staff and for the team next year."

“It was very important to me,” Cobb said. "It showed that I was actually a big priority, you know."

https://flywareagle.com/2022/12/07/auburn-football-jeremiah-cobb-reaffirms/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Jeremiah Cobb reaffirms commitment to Tigers (12/8):

The most highly-ranked recruit on the Tigers’ 2023 roster so far is running back Jeremiah Cobb out of Montgomery Catholic. The 4-star is the #152 overall prospect and the #5 running back in the recruiting class of 2023, and is the #14 recruit out of the state of Alabama.

The running back has a close relationship with Cadillac Williams, and the assurance that Williams would still be on the Plains in 2023 was a big deal to Cobb although the new staff members worked hard to express to him that he is still a major priority for the program, per Auburn Live:

“He came down to visit and he said I was his first person to come see,” Cobb said. “He said that I was just a big priority for the staff and for the team next year."

“It was very important to me,” Cobb said. "It showed that I was actually a big priority, you know."

https://flywareagle.com/2022/12/07/auburn-football-jeremiah-cobb-reaffirms/

Happy to be wrong on that

25 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Happy to be wrong on that

I hope it stays that way, i.e. Cobb remains committed to and signs with AU.

Alabama-Mississippi All Star Practice 

8. RB Jeremiah Cobb – Auburn

Jeremiah Cobb was the top skill player for the Alabama squad through three practices. The 5-foot-10.5 185-pounder has a well-rounded skillset as an every down back. Cobb showed burst in getting to the perimeter and was able to outrun a speedy Alabama front seven on a handful of occasions. He was also a consistent target for the Alabama quarterbacks out of the backfield. Cobb looked to be the most natural pass catcher of the Alabama running backs and projects as a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield at the college level. A prolific rusher at Montgomery (Ala.) Montgomery Catholic, Cobb ranks as the No. 167 overall prospect in the On300.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If Cobb is faster than Hunter that is saying something.  Hunter actually looks a little faster than Tank.  Wish we had Judkins too, but that might be too much talent.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Cobb plays real similar to Hunter but I feel like Cobb is faster. I think Cobb might be playing quite a bit his freshman year 

Depending on how the OL ends up it could be quite a three headed monster with Hunter, Alston, and Cobb. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, woodford said:

Depending on how the OL ends up it could be quite a three headed monster with Hunter, Alston, and Cobb. 

It also depends on who the QB is and how much Freeze wants to pass the ball. I think he tends to get pass heavy iirc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Not signing until February, that’s concerning…

Maybe b/c we’re looking to bring in that transfer from MSU?

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Odd indeed…the only thing changed is Harsin is out, otherwise Caddy still here, we will have a better offense, he will definitely play, and I’m sure he getting some sweet NIL options…so yeah this is concerning 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Very concerning. I'm tired of this wishy-washy bullcrap. The guy is our top recruit but if he wants to play games he can go play them with some other school. Get on board or get lost.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That shouldn't matter. He was already going to have Hunter and Alston to compete with.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Doubt they are related. State kid will only be here for a year or two.

Cobb needs to get bigger and probably RS

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Doubt they are related. State kid will only be here for a year or two.

Cobb needs to get bigger and probably RS

Isn’t he a stud running back; the same caliber as Tank, Cadillac, etc?  Those guys usually can come in and contribute 1st year.  RB is one of the few positions where you can come in and shine right away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Very concerning. I'm tired of this wishy-washy bullcrap. The guy is our top recruit but if he wants to play games he can go play them with some other school. Get on board or get lost.

That shouldn't matter. He was already going to have Hunter and Alston to compete with.

Maybe he just decided to stay in HS till the end. Used to happen most of the time.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Isn’t he a stud running back; the same caliber as Tank, Cadillac, etc?  Those guys usually can come in and contribute 1st year.  RB is one of the few positions where you can come in and shine right away.

Tank was "listed" as 6' 210 as a recruit.  25# heavier.  Cobb is getting bumps in rankings.  I think he's really good, but not sure a transfer RB should scare him off.

Going to UGA he'll have even more RBs in front of him.  I don't like him postponing, but all seems good

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe he just decided to stay in HS till the end. Used to happen most of the time.

Or he is waiting to see who has the biggest package ... NIL package that is.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He can sign during the early period and still finish his high school year. Has nothing to do with early enrollment to my knowledge. 

• Like 1