We Can’t Even Have A Quiet 4th In The USA

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

@Salty Tiger I see you "facepalmed" Homers statement that the suspect was MAGA. 

What's your take on why he wore Trump memorabilia and is photographed/videoed at multiple Trump events? 

What's your take on his attack on a 4th of July event (not something a MAGA would do). He looks like an ANTIFA mugshot photo like @icanthearyou:poke: suggested.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Denmark has had like 2 mass shootings in the last 10 years.  The United States had 68 in June.  We are not the same.

You're right we have far more ppl and far more gang violence than Denmark.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

And another lie.  You are a liar.

The second was me just ribbing you but the first is absolutely true. I bet you couldn't tell me where 10 mass shootings in the month of June were that were not gang violence.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

You're right we have far more ppl and far more gang violence than Denmark.

Even if you take gang violence out and look at the resulting gun murders on a per capita basis (which accounts for population differences), we have far more non-gang related mass shootings than Denmark or any other industrialized country by a wide margin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Even if you take gang violence out and look at the resulting gun murders on a per capita basis (which accounts for population differences), we have far more non-gang related mass shootings than Denmark or any other industrialized country by a wide margin.

Actually even with the gang violence I think we rank somewhere around 15th to 20th. I admit it's been a while since I looked up that stat.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

The second was me just ribbing you but the first is absolutely true. I bet you couldn't tell me where 10 mass shootings in the month of June were that were not gang violence.

You lose.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting?page=1

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That doesn't state they weren't gang related. 

Now if you wanted to argue I was wrong earlier about them being in states with extreme gun laws then you might have a case however Chicago has several mass shootings per week. I can't even remember the numbers but they are absurdly high.

Edited by AU80cruiser

10 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Actually even with the gang violence I think we rank somewhere around 15th to 20th. I admit it's been a while since I looked up that stat.

Sure, let's compare ourselves to the third world.

• Like 2

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Yeah.  Lots of people over 40 in gangs. 

Well yeah. There are but to be a victim you can be any age in the wrong place at the wrong time.

41 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yeah, The US come in 12-20th when ranked alongside all the anarchic, corrupt, 3rd world countries ravaged by civil wars with little to no functioning governments. 

When you rank us along side other wealthy, first world states the US is by far the most violent and deadly country by a lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

@Salty Tiger I see you "facepalmed" Homers statement that the suspect was MAGA. 

What's your take on why he wore Trump memorabilia and is photographed/videoed at multiple Trump events?

I think Salty assumes I am referring simply to conservatives when I piss on "MAGAs".   I'm not.  I have no problem with conservatives per se'.

MAGAs  on the other hand are fascists. 

If you still support Trump and you believe Trump is the rightful president, you are a fascist and you deserve all the scorn, hate and ridicule any reasonable person can muster.  At this point, that should be obvious to anyone paying attention.

Or maybe he's face-slapping me me because I don't actually know for sure if this perp really does believe Trump is the rightful POTUS and/or would vote for him in 2024 (if he could).   If so, that's a valid criticism.  

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What's your take on his attack on a 4th of July event (not something a MAGA would do). He looks like an ANTIFA mugshot photo like @icanthearyou:poke: suggested.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I wasn't referring to the third world.

Who then, were you referring to?   Ukraine?   :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Who then, were you referring to?   Ukraine?   :laugh:

Mass Shootings by Country 2022
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country

Average (Mean) Annual Death Rate per Million People from Mass Public Shootings (U.S., Canada, and Europe, 2009-2015):

1. Norway — 1.888
  2. Serbia — 0.381
  3. France — 0.347
  4. Macedonia — 0.337
  5. Albania — 0.206
  6. Slovakia — 0.185
  7. Switzerland — 0.142
  8. Finland — 0.132
  9. Belgium — 0.128
  10. Czech Republic — 0.123
  11. United States — 0.089
  12. Austria — 0.068
  13. Netherlands — 0.051
  14. Canada — 0.032
  15. England — 0.027
  16. Germany — 0.023
  17. Russia — 0.012
  18. Italy — 0.009

In addition, a 2018 CRPC study ranked the U.S. at number sixty-four in the world in terms of mass shooting rates per capita

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Mass Shootings by Country 2022
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country

Average (Mean) Annual Death Rate per Million People from Mass Public Shootings (U.S., Canada, and Europe, 2009-2015):

1. Norway — 1.888
  2. Serbia — 0.381
  3. France — 0.347
  4. Macedonia — 0.337
  5. Albania — 0.206
  6. Slovakia — 0.185
  7. Switzerland — 0.142
  8. Finland — 0.132
  9. Belgium — 0.128
  10. Czech Republic — 0.123
  11. United States — 0.089
  12. Austria — 0.068
  13. Netherlands — 0.051
  14. Canada — 0.032
  15. England — 0.027
  16. Germany — 0.023
  17. Russia — 0.012
  18. Italy — 0.009

In addition, a 2018 CRPC study ranked the U.S. at number sixty-four in the world in terms of mass shooting rates per capita

"Exactly how mass shootings in the U.S. compare to those in other countries is a highly disputed subject. In a widely publicized study originally released in 2015, the pro-gun nonprofit Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) compared the annual number of mass shooting deaths per million people in the U.S. to that of Canada and several European countries from 2009 to 2015. The result? Norway led the world with 1.88 deaths per million, followed by Serbia, France, and Macedonia. Where did the U.S. rank? 11th place."

You telling me that a pro-gun non-profit is a unbiased and credible source for the mass shooting study you are referring to?  What a joke.

The above quoted paragraph is straight from your source. Your "study" with the US at 11 is BS conducted by a pro-gun non-profit.  They changed the definition of mass shootings so they could manipulate the stats to have the US at 11.  Its the same s*** as big tobacco non-profits releasing all those studies back in the day saying smoking cigarettes doesn't cause cancer. Biased studies.

I mean, we have conversed in the past on differing opinionss, and I know you mean well but when you come in here with a source that is so clearly biased and lacking in credibility I just have to call you out on it. Sorry, bud.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2